Redownload a game and see what you already bought

edited February 2007 in Site Support
Hey

Dunno if its just me or what. But a function to redownload things you already bought would be so nice, also a place to see what you bought.

In my case i had a harddrive crash and i wanna give sam & max episode 1 and rerun. But i see no place where i can redownload it. And yes already payed for full season so not gonna pay for it again :p

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    As long as you used the same email address for your order and for your Telltale account, you should be able to see what you bought in the Past Purchases section.

We'd love to be able to offer download links in that section too... in fact, it was in our original plan for this website, but we had to remove it due to some functional problems. We still do hope to add something like that in the future.

To get Sam & Max (or any of our games) again, all you have to do is download the demo version from our website. To convert it to the full version, click "I've already purchased this" and enter your order number and the password you created when you ordered. As I said, that order number should show up in the Past Purchases area, but if it doesn't we can look it up for you, just send an email to support@telltalegames.com with your first/last name and the email address you used to place the order.
  • edited December 2006
    arg cool thanks very much :D
  • edited December 2006
    I am using the same e-mail address I bought the game with, but I still can not see my past purchases. So how am I going to be able to get episode 2 since I've already paid for it?
    edited December 2006
    I am using the same e-mail address I bought the game with, but I still can not see my past purchases.

Are you sure? I just looked up the email address linked to your forum account in our order database, and it didn't pull up any orders. If you can PM me the order number or your first and last name, I'll find your order and fix it.
    I am using the same e-mail address I bought the game with, but I still can not see my past purchases. So how am I going to be able to get episode 2 since I've already paid for it?

We probably won't be able to add download links to the past purchases section, so whether or not your purchase shows up there doesn't really matter for getting episode 2.

We will be sending emails with download links in them when the episode comes out, so let's make sure we figure out which email address your order is linked to (and fix it if necessary).
  • edited December 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    As long as you used the same email address for your order and for your Telltale account, you should be able to see what you bought in the Past Purchases section.

Mine only shows the Sam & Max bundle - Neither of the Bone games I purchased are up there (I think they vanished from my account after the website upgrade) :(

It made me so sad, I poo'ed in my pants.
    edited December 2006
    Mine only shows the Sam & Max bundle - Neither of the Bone games I purchased are up there (I think they vanished from my account after the website upgrade) :(

That's because all orders made before October 27 are in a different database, which has not been merged with the new one. It's something we'd like to fix at some point but there are a lot of higher priorities right now, so it probably won't happen any time soon.

We still have records of all those orders (and can send you the order numbers if you want them). The fact that the older orders don't show up is annoying, but it's expected behavior and nothing to worry about.
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    That's because all orders made before October 27 are in a different database, which has not been merged with the new one. It's something we'd like to fix at some point but there are a lot of higher priorities right now, so it probably won't happen any time soon.

We still have records of all those orders (and can send you the order numbers if you want them). The fact that the older orders don't show up is annoying, but it's expected behavior and nothing to worry about.

It's just that kind of database management that makes me want to fart in my soup!
    edited February 2007
    We actually imported the old database a few days ago, so older orders should now show up in the past purchases section. However, if you try to redownload the games in those orders you'll get older versions (not the director's cut for Bone, for example). This is something we're still working on, but at least the orders do show up there now.
This discussion has been closed.