Customer support for GameTap

edited December 2006 in Sam & Max
I'm really interested in trying the second Sam and Max game, and to do this want to subscribe to GameTap so I don't have to wait until January 5. But I'm concerned that the subscription renews and the only way to cancel is to call Customer Service. Has anyone ever successfully cancelled a subscription to GameTap? Was it a hassle? Can one reach customer service easily, or is there an endless hold? Any info here would be appreciated...

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I've heard that they try to convince you not to cancel when you call them, asking you why you want to cancel and telling you about how many games they have, and they often offer to give you something like another month free when you call to cancel.

So it is kind of a hassle, but if you want to cancel they'll let you cancel.
  • edited December 2006
    numble wrote: »
    I've heard that they try to convince you not to cancel when you call them, asking you why you want to cancel and telling you about how many games they have, and they often offer to give you something like another month free when you call to cancel.

So it is kind of a hassle, but if you want to cancel they'll let you cancel.

Heh... you should try calling Comcast to cancel cable tv service sometime ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.