Fone Bone vs. Guybrush Threepwood

edited June 2010 in Bone
When I think of it now, when Fone Bone meets Thorn for the first time, their conversation is very similar to Guybrush's first conversation with Elaine. (If you missed it by any chance, Fone may say something completely different to Thorn rather than certain choices, while Guybrush says the same thing you choose, but the options are mostly gibberish.)

So here I ask you, which conversation is funnier?

Note: By the way, I am talking about The Secret of Monkey Island, not about The Tales of Monkey Island, if anyone was confused.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    guybrush's was a classic. bones first one just sort of felt like a "i have an incredibly inappropriate attraction to you that will later manifest itself as a bar of soap" to me, while guybrush's was much more reasonable, and the realism made it funnier i think
  • edited May 2010
    guybrush's was a classic. bones first one just sort of felt like a "i have an incredibly inappropriate attraction to you that will later manifest itself as a bar of soap" to me, while guybrush's was much more reasonable, and the realism made it funnier i think

^ This.
  • edited June 2010
    Definately Phoney, he and Max are the most funniest/interesting TTG characters.

I can't remember a single line where i really had to laugh about Guybrush in TOMI, smiling from time to time, yes, but laughing, nope.
  • edited June 2010
    My vote goes to Guybrush, along with all those unpronounceable words he made up on the spot.

Though I did think Fone Bone's first encounter with Thorn was pretty hilarious in the comic book. I just loved his reaction when he first saw her. :D

I agree with taumel about Phoney being a particularly interesting character though!
  • edited June 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Definately Phoney, he and Max are the most funniest/interesting TTG characters.

And they have the same voice!
  • edited June 2010
    Hmm, could be, i've never thought about it. Who's the voice actor?
  • edited June 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Hmm, could be, i've never thought about it. Who's the voice actor?

Andrew Chaikin
  • edited June 2010
    Ah, he also seems to have a fable for space.
  • edited June 2010
    Bamse wrote: »

Andrew Chaikin was only Max on the first episode of the first season, then he got replaced by William Kasten.
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    Andrew Chaikin was only Max on the first episode of the first season, then he got replaced by William Kasten.

Yeah, I know, but he's the voice actor nomecopies was referring to.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.