Baby Amelia Earhart Appreciation Thread

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Is there anyone else who thinks Baby Amelia Earhart was a great character? Normally baby characters are really annoying in games/film/TV shows, but Baby Amelia Earhart wasn't. Maybe it's because she's a baby but in no way acts like one. Or maybe it's her awesome voice/accent.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I loved the voice acting, it seems like what she may have really sounded like (not as a baby though)
  • edited May 2010
    I thought she was really annoying. Her voice suited, but I hate baby characters.
  • edited May 2010
    I loved the voice acting, it seems like what she may have really sounded like (not as a baby though)

Maybe that's what what really happened to her? After surviving that fateful flight, she returned to America, took on a new identity, and is now doing voices for Telltale.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    I thought she was really annoying. Her voice suited, but I hate baby characters.
    I agree with this. Her voice was excellent, and I loved her high-speed rants, but I just don't find the whole talking baby thing to be funny. At least they didn't bring the other Easter Island babies into this episode. That would have just ruined the whole thing for me.
  • edited May 2010
    No, she ended up on Rapa Nui getting hooked on fountain of youth juice.
  • edited May 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I agree with this. Her voice was excellent, and I loved her high-speed rants, but I just don't find the whole talking baby thing to be funny. At least they didn't bring the other Easter Island babies into this episode. That would have just ruined the whole thing for me.

Yeah, but if she wasn't a baby, Samus wouldn't have been able to make that reference to the song "Bye Bye Baby" ;)
  • edited May 2010
    I didn't like in 202, but in the new Season I thought she was great. Her new model for one thing, and that voice.
  • edited May 2010
    Although she technically isn't a baby (omg shes 4 years old in 1901 says wikipedia omg) I do prefer this version of Baby Amelia to the age-reverted Amelia on Easter Island. Plus she had the decency to cover herself this time!
  • edited May 2010
    These appreciation threads have gotten out of hand. Next thing you know, there'll be a Soul Train Token Appreciation Thread
  • edited May 2010
    Don't you dare insult the best character in Season 2 >:[
  • edited May 2010
    FireAza wrote: »
    Is there anyone else who thinks Baby Amelia Earhart was a great character?

Can I enjoy the voice acting, but still dislike the character?
  • edited May 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Can I enjoy the voice acting, but still dislike the character?

yes
  • edited May 2010
    Her voice is outstanding, but as a 3d artist I must say I absolutely loved her model and animation (that pouty face, anyone?)! A great character all around.
  • edited May 2010
    it reminded me of the dancing baby
  • edited May 2010
    She is no Baby she's a Woman. Will no one ever listen to her.
    Next thing you know, there'll be a Soul Train Token Appreciation Thread
    Wait... there is no such thread yet?
  • edited May 2010
    I loved the look, voice acting and character of Baby Amelia. She was hilarious :) Love the fact that perhaps it was Sameth and Maximus that got her interested in flying... thus leading to her disappearing on her flight across the Atlantic[1], and showing up on Easter Island in Moai Better Blues :)

[1] Or whatever ocean it was, I'm not that much a student of history.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, it seems that everyone is in agreement: Baby Amelia Earhart has an awesome voice :D
  • edited May 2010
    I loved the detail they put into the model, like the dirty face except around the eyes where the goggles would go.
  • edited May 2010
    at first i thought this thread was about the amelia earhart in 202, because i only just finished 302. now i get it.
  • edited May 2010
    Baby Amelia Earhart was really annoying in 202. I liked her a lot better in 302, though.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd like to see more of her, too. Her fast-talking attitude was great.
  • edited June 2010
    I'll join the group of people saying they didn't like her in 202 but loved her in 302.
    And her voice is awesome. Everyone should have it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I know what you want... a SPIN-OFF series!! :D

baeamdtfpasmall.jpg

A slightly larger version can be found on my DeviantArt account (see below).
  • edited June 2010
    Haha! That really is gold :D. My favourite part of the image is definitely the silhouette of Max on the camel. Well made.
  • edited June 2010
    Guinea wrote: »
    I'll join the group of people saying they didn't like her in 202 but loved her in 302.

Agreed. It's the hair that changed it for me.

...And the outfit, and the better facial expressions and the lack (or concealment) of diaper.
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    My favourite part of the image is definitely the silhouette of Max on the camel.
    Mine too. Great!
    I liked Amelia. 10 302. Finally a woman with an attitude.
  • edited June 2010
    Amelia was a fresh of breath air compared to many of the other characters.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.