Symbiote Studios' Sam & Max Symbiotes

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
So nearly two years ago when I ordered the Sam & Max statue from Symbiote Studios, I also pre-ordered the Sam & Max Symbiotes from them. Since that time, I have heard absolutely nothing about these. I have e-mailed SS' customer service, but they do not reply. I even posted a comment on their blog, that is still 'waiting to be approved', though other posts after mine have been approved.

I feel that SS has taken my money and ran, I will try once more to contact them, possibly by telephone, and if I do not get anywhere, I will be be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Did anyone else pre-order these? Does anyone have any information on these that I may have missed? Thanks.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I think they actually did take your money and run, as there is no mention of these little statues anywhere on the site, the blog, anywhere. They have like, vanished off the face of the earth.
  • edited June 2010
    no. that is just a statue. an awesome statue, but the OP means two little figurines
  • edited June 2010
    Their customer service is awful. I've tried contacting them countless times and received no replies at all. Good luck in getting your money back.

edit: I just remembered this thread. To quote Jake:
    Jake wrote: »
    I asked them about this at WonderCon just this weekend! They said they should have the Sam & Max Symbiotes finally out around ComicCon, this summer. They haven't forgotten, they just got majorly delayed.

Regardless, it's extremely disconcerting that there's no reference to them anywhere on their site, no response from customer support and that it's been two years since preorders.
  • edited June 2010
    i also tried contacting them to cancel an order. i got it cancelled, but i never got contacted back. im never buying anything from them again, definitely.
  • edited June 2010
    This is why I never ordered one, always check who you're buying from before you do.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks for the information, everyone. This company really has me frustrated, I know that once this matter is cleared up, I will not be making any further purchases from them. I can only hope that Steve takes his license elsewhere for future statue/toy items. I will try to wait patiently until after Comic-Con, and see if there are any updates from Symbiote on this.
  • edited June 2010
    And now, after nearly two years, they have finally released an official update:
    http://www.symbiotebrand.com/?p=1587

I can't help but wonder if this thread had something to do with it.
  • edited June 2010
    meelWORM wrote: »
    And now, after nearly two years, they have finally released an official update:
    http://www.symbiotebrand.com/?p=1587

I can't help but wonder if this thread had something to do with it.

I might buy one now...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.