Notchos Appreciation Thread

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
They're mine, Not'chos! (Translation: They are mine, not yours)

Who's with me?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Since the original work joke was impossible to translate as is, in the Spanish translation they changed the name in order to make a new joke (or try to, at least).
    Then, the Notchos were called M'achos, and Max's line was: "Macho tú, yo soy un conejo" (You are a male, I'm a rabbit) :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2010
    4678608788_01b46b03b5.jpg

Ummm, I think this thing is getting out of hand, but who doesn't like a good apppriciation thread?

This is one joke that, despite it being a lame one, we are forced to click on it time and time again.
    Am I the only one who did that on my first playthrough of 101?
  • edited June 2010
    elzbenz wrote: »

Probably.
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    Better would be: "Theyre my nachos, not'chos!" xD

Ill be quiet now...
  • edited June 2010
    Since the original work joke was impossible to translate as is, in the Spanish translation they changed the name in order to make a new joke (or try to, at least).
    Then, the Notchos were called M'achos, and Max's line was: "Macho tú, yo soy un conejo" (You are a male, I'm a rabbit) :rolleyes:
    Lucky. Hebrew translations of things (not that anyone tries to translate, let a lone dubb, video games) don't even try. They just translate literally, which makes no sense. There are a few notable exceptions though, which I think deserve more credit than they get :P

elzbenz wrote: »
    This is one joke that, despite it being a lame one, we are forced to click on it time and time again.
    Nope! :D
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Lucky. Hebrew translations of things (not that anyone tries to translate, let a lone dubb, video games) don't even try. They just translate literally, which makes no sense. There are a few notable exceptions though, which I think deserve more credit than they get :P

The same thing happened with the French version. Max just said "Ceux sont de moi, pas de toi."
  • edited June 2010
    I feel like I started this monster of a chain of threads.
  • edited June 2010
    What was the original?
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    What was the original?

On the 15th of April, I put up a Main Title Appreciation Thread. Then it upped in frequency.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.