BTTF announcement thank you/praise (merged threads)

edited October 2010 in Back to the Future
I love Telltale. And I love Back to the Future. Who told me they were together? Mr. Majus. (I think he's behind it.) But when I heard of the combination, I was pleasantly shocked. So I want to see your love. Post your Telltaley-Back to the Future love/fan art/more love. (Or, to tell you to go where this is all going to end up, get off topic.)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    It's cool yeah, I'm glad Marty will be in it. The idea has potential, I'm just wondering what they're going to do. We been forward. back, future on, and present, in Marty's life...
  • edited June 2010
    Telltale + Marty McFly = *mind blown*

I don't think I can put it better.
  • edited June 2010
    I am! I hope they come up with a good storyline, because that is the key for a compelling adventure.
  • edited June 2010
    Everything is in the title :-)

It's a shame I can't pre-order it yet :-(
  • edited June 2010
    I won't preorder NOW a game that isn't done yet and is supossed to be released in december at the earliest... Unless the pre-order deal was really good.
    I suposse they will allow us to preorder one month or so before they release the game. That will be november, more or less.
    We'll have to wait...
  • edited June 2010
    Well I think TTG will do what they do with all there games and sell it in their shop, and it looks like they have a nice cooperation with Steam.

Other than that, will have to wait and see.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I won't preorder NOW a game that isn't done yet and is supossed to be released in december at the earliest...

Isn't that the whole point of episodic gaming? Paying for a full game while the greater parts are still in development? :D

Pre-order bonus... so many possibilities... ;) ;)
  • edited June 2010
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! *HYPERVENTILATES*

Telltale, i right here, right now, want to marry you for bringing out a BTTF game!! i had long given up hope of there ever being a new (good) one and even if you just make crappy casual games from here on out, I will love you forever and ever and want your babies :D *hugs for each and every staff member*

I now have something to live for! lol. And I cannot express how much i adore you for it.

Thank you so much!

Zombieatplay

\end gushing fanboyism (only silently now)
  • edited June 2010
    TTG keeps doing this, makes someone almost die by the lack of air after they announce a new release. :)

Just imagine all those near death experiences they have caused. :p
  • edited June 2010
    TTG keeps doing this, makes someone almost die by the lack of air after they announce a new release. :)

Just imagine all those near death experiences they have caused. :p

And imagine the lawsuit if someone actually does die...
  • edited June 2010
    And imagine the lawsuit if someone actually does die...

Imagine how sad it would be that they never got to play the game that they were so excited about because of their death....
    edited June 2010
    This forum sure is clogging up fast. :D
  • edited June 2010
    I would imagine that it'll be available to pre-order about a month before it's release.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm going to take a wild swing and say October for pre-orders with the game coming out in November. Mostly because Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse ends in September, so I think that's the earliest we'll be seeing it. I'm just wildly grabbing at straws though.
  • edited June 2010
    Isn't that the whole point of episodic gaming? Paying for a full game while the greater parts are still in development? :D
    True, but at least you usually have the first episode available only weeks later, not months
  • edited June 2010
    I'm not excited...

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!! GOIN GRAZY!!!! whatever you wanna call it!

bttf is one of.. no... my favourite movie trilogy EVER, it's so AWESOME you guys gonna make a game based on the franchise!!!

I love you! I really do! I almost cried when i read the news *sniff*
  • edited June 2010
    Don't worry, i didn't die! Yet¬.¬ (but may have internal bleeding from excited arteries exploding... :P)
  • edited June 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwY5o2fsG7Y

I think this video is relevant here.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm still not sure if it's possible to make a BTTF game more epic than this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_%28video_game%29

Maybe the TTG version will just be a cheap ripoff of the splendor of the old NES game.
  • edited June 2010
    I think I speak for all children of the 80's by saying a big THANK YOU for bringing back my favorite movie. This is probably going to be the closest thing we'll ever get to a 4th movie. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the BttF Universe.

Now get to bringing Day of the Tentacle back! :P
  • edited June 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    Now get to bringing Day of the Tentacle back! :P

I honestly don't know why they wouldn't. I've been waiting for an announcement ever since Sam and Max season 1.
  • edited June 2010
    McGoiter wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why they wouldn't. I've been waiting for an announcement ever since Sam and Max season 1.

Same here. I actually signed up on these forums right after SaM S1 was announced to ask if they were going to make a DotT game. IIRC, the response I got was that they were having problems getting the rights to the game from the original creators.
  • edited June 2010
    McGoiter wrote: »

Probably because they'd get thread after thread of 'this isn't right', 'the dialogue is a bit off', 'I don't like that small bit of the sky over there'.

But saying that, they successfully did MI and S&M, two of the most, if not THE most treasured adventure games.
  • edited June 2010
    I also want to give a big Thank You to TTG for bringback one of my favorite movie trilogies, Back to the Future. I hope you guys do a great job on it and wish you the best of luck in hopefully making this game one of your best works yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Hoverboards have to be involved. They just HAVE to...
  • edited June 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    LJN

I can't tell if this post is a joke or not.
  • edited June 2010
    Ohhhh... Damn i hope so *evil eye on caeska* ;P
  • edited June 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    Same here. I actually signed up on these forums right after SaM S1 was announced to ask if they were going to make a DotT game. IIRC, the response I got was that they were having problems getting the rights to the game from the original creators.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm still keeping my tentacles crossed.
    edited June 2010
    We could really merge the "Thank you Telltale"-threads into one...

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17304
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17309
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17308
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17257

Not that I wouldn't endorse individual praise... :D

/edit: Done. After only 13 months. Wasn't even a moderator back then. Inconceiveable.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm just worried I'm too excited, and I'll over-build it... Ugh!!
    edited June 2010
    Aaaaaaand... it's our fifth "thank you Telltale"-thread. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Aaaaaaand... it's our fifth "thank you Telltale"-thread. :D

Definitely not a "thank you Telltale" thread. My presence is "thank you Telltale. This is a "fan-creation" thread. But there's nothing to create yet.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, but...

Telltale + Phillip J. Fry = *Universe Blown*

Ah, well. Marty McFly cool too.
  • edited June 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Telltale + Phillip J. Fry = *Universe Blown*

This.
  • edited June 2010
    OMG OMG Thank you Telltale... words can't describe how much joy this brings me. Back to the future is one of my greatest film trilogies. I know that you won't let us down and I have every faith it will capture the magic of the films.
  • edited June 2010
    Umm... So yeah... I guess this /is/ a thank-you-Telltale thread after all. My bad.
  • edited October 2010
    Since putting my faith into this company back when it first started, I have yet to be disappointed. ONCE.

You brought Sam and Max back from the brink of death. You adapted BONE into a fun (if short) series. You brought Monkey Island BACK!

And then you damn near gave me a heart attack when you first broke the BTTF news.

Cast AND crew from the actual movies?! GOOD sound alikes?! NEW STORIES?!?!?! FREE FIRST EPPY on a significant date in canon history?!?!?!?!?!?!?! *head exploding*
    (That's more than Universal did for BTTF on the 20th Anniversary, when even E.T got a freaking re-release on the same anniversary!)

It bears repeating, despite being in the subject line:

Telltale Crew: I LOVE YOU ALL!
  • edited October 2010
    The date of the first episode release isn't yet known.
  • edited October 2010
    Cant wait for that, i Hope ( but i think its useless ) that the German Version has the Voice cast of the German Movie versions.
    The Second Season of Sam and Max was a desaster in germany because they changed the superp voiceactors of season one with absolutly non-talented ones for season two.
    They Sounded like they sleep while working. I changed it against another game at my locale gamestore ( thank god the shopkeeper made the change after i had opened the game ).
    Please dear Telltale People: WATCH THE LOCALISATIONS MORE CAREFULLY :mad:
  • edited October 2010
    Well i wanna say thanks 2!:D

I can't wait 4 Back for the Future Ep1 and i like the PR 2 release it 4 free!

Great! Keep up the good work!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.