It may look like this... or not... but cool nontheless :)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    For sure, Andrei. Personally I just can't see a good Back to the Future game with cartoony graphics. I looked at some of the animated series earlier and I just don't like it. I think it has to be realistic graphics, such as their CSI games but I hope it's a lot better than that. Also, I think it's imperative that they get Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. I'm a big Back to the Future fan so I'm gonna be pretty anal about this.
  • edited June 2010
    That's awesome! Makes me want to buy Crysis just for this mod!!
  • edited June 2010
    GTA Mod will be better

www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk
  • edited June 2010
    Dage wrote: »
    GTA Mod will be better

www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk

I remember that. Man it feels like they've been working on that for a decade
  • edited June 2010
    The Crysis MOD looks much better. But then, it's probably not a whole game either.
  • edited June 2010
    plrichard wrote: »
    For sure, Andrei. Personally I just can't see a good Back to the Future game with cartoony graphics. I looked at some of the animated series earlier and I just don't like it. I think it has to be realistic graphics, such as their CSI games but I hope it's a lot better than that. Also, I think it's imperative that they get Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. I'm a big Back to the Future fan so I'm gonna be pretty anal about this.

You know, you don't -have- to be pretty anal about anything, even if you are a big fan. I'm a big fan of things, too, like Monkey Island, and Back to the Future as well. I spent hours recording music from the film through some elaborate tape recorder/VCR setup. I sometimes drop a quote without even realising it. I built my own time machine out of cardboard once, I seem to recall. I name it as my favourite film of all time on a regular basis, and stand by that.

It's just that I know that lots of people are going to have lots of different ideas about what needs to happen to do the series justice in episodic game form. I realise that whatever my idea of a perfect BTTF game is is unlikely to magically be the same as whoever is involved in making this. I can't afford to be anal about it because if I am then I'll miss all the stuff that's potentially great about their interpretation because I'm too busy stewing on whatever it was they 'got wrong.'

So if the graphics aren't quite in the style I imagine or they can't get the original voices to take part I'm not going to call the whole thing a write off. Hell, even if they decide to go with a different lead character, I'm on board to see what they do with it - after all, Marty's character arc is completed by the end of part 3.

I'm not saying you can't have your opinions of what's needed; I'm just saying there are lots of big fans here and some of them might be a little more open to other ideas.

Aaaanyway, cool video :)
  • edited June 2010
    i like to watch the time-machine parts in the crysis mod. for example the time-line capacitors on the sides of the reactor.
    that was some funny techno-joke in the second movie, when emmeth just poured some old coke into the new fusion-reactor to fuel it, still in mind the hard time they had to power it up in the first movie.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know why, but for some reason I don't think we'll actually be able to drive the DeLorean around town in such a freestyle way. I can't get the DeSoto's minigames from Sam & Max out of my head.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know why, but for some reason I don't think we'll actually be able to drive the DeLorean around town in such a freestyle way. I can't get the DeSoto's minigames from Sam & Max out of my head.

Indeed, I don't see the doc hanging out of the window waving his gun around and screaming that he will drive you off the road :rolleyes:[
  • edited June 2010
    HeyArnold wrote: »
    Indeed, I don't see the doc hanging out of the window waving his "gun" around and screaming

EWWW! Nobody wants to see Doc hanging his "gun" out the window and waving it and screaming!
  • edited June 2010
    Probably he does not have a very "big" gun anyway, like Sam and Max :p
  • edited June 2010
    HeyArnold wrote: »
    Indeed, I don't see the doc hanging out of the window waving his gun around and screaming that he will drive you off the road :rolleyes:[

good one, i laughed hard, imagination is so wonderful :p
  • edited June 2010
    Dage wrote: »
    GTA Mod will be better

www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk

I'm fairly certain that mod is dead. If not completely dead, it's in a deep deep coma at this point. Too bad as they had done a pretty good job with that mod.

How they handle their forum is idiotic. It's a sparsely populated forum to begin with, but their mods (who make up nearly 50% of the population) are over zealous with the lock button and they make it ridiculously difficult to sign up and post on the forums to begin with. They would have a little more interest if they wouldn't lock that forum up like some exclusive private members club.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.