The Power Of Love

edited June 2010 in Back to the Future
It won't be Back to the Future without it. SO if Telltale doesn't find SOME WAY to include it... *shakes fist*... even Harmonix got it for Rock Band 3!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Well the other two films seemed to manage without it. Don't get me wrong, I have a BTTF themed Power of Love vinyl single somewhere, but on a list of things that ought to be in BTTF, Huey Lewis and the News surely feature pretty low.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Well the other two films seemed to manage without it. Don't get me wrong, I have a BTTF themed Power of Love vinyl single somewhere, but on a list of things that ought to be in BTTF, Huey Lewis and the News surely feature pretty low.

And Huey Lewis' acting in the first movie was really bad also. :D :D
  • edited June 2010
    Either Power of Love or Back in Time.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, Music played a huge role in the Movies, in my opinion. There were Times when typical Pop-Music from the Time-Period (or another Time-Period) was played in the Background (like "Mister Sandman" in the 50s, or something from Michael Jackson in that 80s Café). Or think about that whole "Johnny B. Goode"-Scene.

If Telltale could include Songs like that (in a way that fits the game and the Story) i think it would be a good Idea. On the other hand, licensing such songs could be quite expensive and therefore not feasible.
  • edited June 2010

Second.
  • edited June 2010
    (RE: Power of Love) Don't see the point, it was only used really in the first film and a brief sort of acknowledgement near the end of the 3rd. The only music from the films that has to be in the games is the theme. That and the noises that play when the first title cards are shown.
  • edited June 2010
    Well if they plan on doing a recapture of the first film, I.E the skateboard scene. Then it would be a perfect time to use the song.
  • edited June 2010
    It's a curious thing.

I don't think they'll need to use this specific song (although it would be great if they did), but I definitely hope they license some different pop music to serve as background music to represent each era that is visited. That's something that Telltale hasn't really done before, but I think it is a semi-important element of the series, and hopefully it's something that Universal is also paying for. :D

Also, as a side-note, The Power Of Love is going to be in Rock Band 3, which will be coming out next Winter also.
  • edited June 2010
    My first ever album was Fore!

:D

I would be giddy if a snippet of Power of Love or Back In Time popped up during the game.

But yes, pretty low on the 'must-have' list.
  • edited June 2010
    Well the other two films seemed to manage without it.

It's not strictly true that the sequels were without "Power of Love." Jennifer catches middle aged Marty glumly playing a few notes from the song on his guitar in BTTF2, and the song is blaring out of Needles' radio when he challenges Marty to the drag race at the end of BTTF3.

But, erm, yes. Huey Lewis is hardly the priority #1 ingredient of a successful BTTF game.
  • edited June 2010
    He was playing Power of Love in Part II? Just sounded like a mess to me lol.
  • edited June 2010
    He was playing Power of Love in Part II? Just sounded like a mess to me lol.

Agree to that.... I didn't know what 2015-Marty was playing.
  • edited June 2010
    As long as they get Alan Silvestri, I don't care what actual songs they use.

But if they go back to the '70s in the game, I demand ZZ Top's "La Grange".
  • edited June 2010
    ....my god.

Do any of you fans realize you have no idea WHY Power Of Love is important?

For a start, it's significant for the Marty and Jennifer romance.

Secondly: IT WAS WRITTEN FOR THE MOVIE!

No matter your own personal feelings about the song, it's as much part of the movie as Silvestri's score and the DeLorean.

Licencing OTHER pop songs that have zero or limited bearing on BTTF? GTFO.
  • edited June 2010
    ....my god.

Do any of you fans realize you have no idea WHY Power Of Love is important?

For a start, it's significant for the Marty and Jennifer romance.

Secondly: IT WAS WRITTEN FOR THE MOVIE!

No matter your own personal feelings about the song, it's as much part of the movie as Silvestri's score and the DeLorean.

Licencing OTHER pop songs that have zero or limited bearing on BTTF? GTFO.

You are right, the Song has importance to the movie, but it should not be in the game only to be in the game. If it fits in without feeling forced then I see no reason to leave it out of the Game. But as I said before Music in general is important to the story.

And I really would miss the BTTF-Theme if it would not be included. But I can't imagine that it is not in the game.

About licensed music: Of course it should not be ANY pop song and the soundtrack should not only consist of licensed music. If something like that will be done, it should be done to set the mood for a visited time-period and not all the time. A good example from the movies for this is, when marty gets to the town sqare in 1955 for the first time and a version of "Mister Sandman" plays in the background.
  • edited June 2010
    To be honest it doesn't bother me if it's Jarred, I'm sold on it. If any one has played Chariots of the Dogs I thought the music in different time periods worked well.
  • edited June 2010

Yep! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Mirko wrote: »
    On the other hand, licensing such songs could be quite expensive and therefore not feasible.
    If they let the story take place in the 1930's or earlier, most copyrights probably expired by now.

But Michael Jackson for instance, I can imagine that it would be pretty expensive indeed.

And "Back in Time" seems to be a special case, since it was written for the movie. The deal might just cover the rights for that one. That's my wild guess, of course.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.