What song would be the coolest theme song for Noir Sam? :D

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Random question :rolleyes: but here are my thoughts for one

Cat People by David Bowie, just because of rhythm and lyrics especially this part:

See these eyes so red
Red like jungle burning bright
Those who feel me near
Pull the blinds and change their minds

:D

What are your ideas for some cool theme song for this side of Sam we have never seen coming?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Well, something awesome by Jared, of course! I'm really psyched for it, btw.
  • edited June 2010
    You know what would be perfect? A saxophone. Nothing else.
  • edited June 2010
    Tor wrote: »

If it works for that crazed gunman brilliant assassin, it'll work for Samnoir.
  • edited June 2010
    Spadge wrote: »

Yeah, something on sax would be amazing but something angry to reflect his mood. :)
  • edited June 2010
    If it works for that crazed gunman brilliant assassin, it'll work for Samnoir.

Too true, and it would seem that Sam has at least one of the three standards of being a professional; have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  • edited June 2010
    A song that comes to mind for me, which seems apt considering that Sam is a dog is "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood and the Destroyers. The overall lyrics may not fit, but I could image Sam holding his gun and walking meaningfully towards the camera while the chorus plays:
    Bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone
  • edited June 2010
    T.h.e.m.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Too true, and it would seem that Sam has at least one of the three standards of being a professional; have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Who would win in a fight? The Sniper or Noir Sam! PLACE YA BETS!

But yeah, I also think something with a sax, it just fits to perfectly.
  • edited June 2010
    Wooaahhh! for some car chasing scenes - crush that polys! :O)
  • edited June 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    T.h.e.m.

This idea is made of genius.
  • edited June 2010
    And if Sam ever, through some Einstein Rosenberg bridge, meets a 32bit COPS member, it should sound like thIs.
  • edited June 2010
    Spadge wrote: »

Agreed. Nothing can sound more fitting than a really sexy saxophone solo. :D
  • edited June 2010
    He needs an epic sax solo.
  • edited June 2010
    More than Jerks, the soda poppers theme? *Gets shot by Angry Sam*
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    t.h.e.m.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!
  • edited June 2010
    Something by Tom Waits.

And i'm sur he's done at least a few things with a sax.

Or maybe cindy lauper.
  • edited June 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

You aren't supposed to scream when it is spelled out, only if the word
    "them"
    is said. Now I shall expect a scream out of you.
  • edited June 2010
    I've always thought of that jazzy music at the beginning of Bright Side of the Moon - the one where Sam somehow manages to piece the whole mystery together - as Sam's theme. Judging by the screen shots, it might be too mellow for the upcoming episode but I'm still hoping they'll be able to work it in somewhere.

Perhaps then it would finally get its own track on the soundtrack CD (I'm assuming there will be one), instead of just being buried inside the cutscene suites. It's been used in a couple of other episodes, and at the end of the Chariots of the Dogs trailer, so I can't be the only one who likes it. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I've always thought of that jazzy music at the beginning of Bright Side of the Moon - the one where Sam somehow manages to piece the whole mystery together - as Sam's theme. Judging by the screen shots, it might be too mellow for the upcoming episode but I'm still hoping they'll be able to work it in somewhere.)

I asked about the same track in the Freelance Police Dispatch Forum, and this was the answer:
    Jake wrote:
    That is the instrumental backing for World of Max, the closing credits song from Season One. If you listen, you can sing World of Max to yourself over the top. I love that track, too. When that cutscene cue was delivered for 106, I might have listened to it too many times, and would maybe injure someone to get a copy of the full track. The Gilbert and Sullivan parts would probably make it weird, though.

We have to cooperate with the Injure part. SOON.
  • edited June 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I asked about the same track in the Freelance Police Dispatch Forum, and this was the answer:
    Jake wrote:
    That is the instrumental backing for World of Max, the closing credits song from Season One. If you listen, you can sing World of Max to yourself over the top. I love that track, too. When that cutscene cue was delivered for 106, I might have listened to it too many times, and would maybe injure someone to get a copy of the full track. The Gilbert and Sullivan parts would probably make it weird, though.

Well, I'll be... I never noticed that before!

I guess that thoroughly shots down my theory of it being a "Sam" theme, but I'm still hoping it will make a reappearance. :)
  • edited June 2010
    I don't really think Sam has gotten a 'theme' at all yet. Maybe with this episode, he'll get something for both Noir!Sam and regular Sam.
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    You aren't supposed to scream when it is spelled out, only if the word
    "them"
    is said. Now I shall expect a scream out of you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh!
  • edited June 2010
    Sam and Max have their own theme, I think. In the first two seasons it can be heard in the office music, the driving music, and the fanfare kind of thing that sometimes plays at the end of the episodes. On the first season soundtrack, the fanfare can be heard at about 0:16 in Myra!, and 0:17 in Pounding Fathers.

I think of the office music as Sam's theme, because it's more laid back, and the driving music as Max's theme, because it's more frenzied. It'd be really cool if they got their own separate themes, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Stuck in the middle with you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiU2pKQ683s
  • edited June 2010
    StevenR wrote: »
    A song that comes to mind for me, which seems apt considering that Sam is a dog is "Bad to the Bone" by George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

This is actually what I would have said.
  • edited June 2010
    How about Wont get fooled again by The Who. Or would that be too much CSI Miami? XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.