No Mo' Stro Bro?

Did anyone notice that in the Telltale + Universal ad, there was absolutely no (None!) mention of SBCG4AP? I guess they didn't mention Bone or Texas hold 'em, but that's early, not real vital stuff (in my opinion.). Now, I'm a guy who hates speculation, but could this mean that SBCG4AP season 2 may never come to creation?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Did anyone notice that in the Telltale + Universal ad, there was absolutely no (None!) mention of SBCG4AP? I guess they didn't mention Bone or Texas hold 'em, but that's early, not real vital stuff (in my opinion.). Now, I'm a guy who hates speculation, but could this mean that SBCG4AP season 2 may never come to creation?
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure they just wanted to show their most mainstream titles in that ad.
  • edited June 2010
    Remember telltale was showing their most epic scenes from their games, sbcg4ap was more comedy than epic(then again so was wallace and gromit)
    The only truly epic episode was the final episode against
    trogdor
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Yeah Strong Bad wasn't in the video just because those games didn't match the tone of that trailer. If we were doing a trailer all about crazy hikinks and pratfalls and plans self destructing in people's faces, the Strong Bad quotient would be higher :)
  • edited June 2010
    I would say also that CSI and Wallace and Gromit (as well as BTTF and JP) are reasonably well known to the general public, and Sam & Max and Monkey Island are well known to video game players, whereas Strong Bad is pretty much only known to people who have watched the H*R website for the past several years. It's not really that popular outside of internet geek circles. Yes, I know H*R stuff has been referenced in mainstream TV shows (e.g. Buffy) but I can guarantee you that the reference went over the heads of 98% of the audience...
  • edited June 2010
    Why is everyone so sure there will be another season? Do you all realize how old the series is and that they might be getting tired of it? Personally I think it's had a great run, but I'm not really sure where else they could go with it.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm quite hopeful that there will be another series myself. The first season was great and there is no reason not to continue it. Monkey Island had been dead for 10 years, yet a new season was developed for that. There's always a chance.
  • edited June 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I'm quite hopeful that there will be another series myself. The first season was great and there is no reason not to continue it. Monkey Island had been dead for 10 years, yet a new season was developed for that. There's always a chance.

Yes. And kid icarus (not telltale but still works) has been around for how long? and he is getting a new game.
    Well if not, at least more cartoons.
  • edited June 2010
    It's just that considering how long the Homestar characters and stories have gone on, I think they're pretty burnt out as one of the longest hiatuses they've ever had might suggest. Quite frequently people will intend to come back to something and I wouldn't be against it, but more often than not they don't. Just trying to keep in touch with reality and not be a swept up fan.
  • edited June 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    there most epic scenes from there games

My head hurts.:mad:
  • edited June 2010
    Everyone should be forced to take this test before being allowed to post anything on the internet. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    Everyone should be forced to take this test before being allowed to post anything on the internet. ;)

That was fun! I scored 80%! Woo!:D
  • edited June 2010
    My head hurts.:mad:

sorry i was in a hurry
    fixed.
  • edited July 2010
    i hate that test
  • edited July 2010
    I really would like to see more Strong Bad games, especially with Dangeresque. I'd also like to see a longer version of this game Videlectrix made: Dangeresque - Roomisode 1.

Although.... I just went onto Videlectrix's site and they mentioned that they might make another Roomisode...

The Roomisode concept's kinda cool in a way.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.