ep 303 trailer finally up

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    To me, Sam looked shocked and hurt about the "pile of trash" thing. I think he's too shocked to be angry if that makes sense. Maybe he gets angry afterwards though.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd just like to point out that it's true that Ancient Egyptians threw away the brain as garbage (they didn't store every organ in canopic jars, just the important ones), and that there weren't any Molemen in Ancient Egypt either. I'm willing to let the inaccuracies slide if you guys are ;)

But how did Skun k'ape get out?
  • edited June 2010
    I also want to know how Skun-ka'pe got out. I was disappointed to learn he was maybe in it, but when I saw him in the trailer, he might be better in this episode! Oh and about the brain Sam uses on Max? When I first heard it, it reminded me of that girl mole in episode 2. I know its not her, though.

I can't wait for this episode, and Sam looks awesome! The atmosphere is great too, the opening seems really sad for Sam. I hope this episode is funny in bits, but it might be almost all serious. 6 more days to find out...
  • edited June 2010
    The more I think about it, the more I'd be surprised if the brain was anybody other than Sammun-Mak's. Sammun-Mak is obviously psychic, and the brain is obviously psychic...
  • edited June 2010
    Plus the brain has a British accent, and Sammun-Mak would ... have ... okay, maybe it's the King of Jordan? (Again, I go for the painfully obvious joke.)

Seriously though, I love Sammun-Mak's voice. The actress really does make him sound like a little boy, and he sounds so adorable, too! The actors really are doing a great job in this episode and Puzzle Agent, I have to say :)
  • edited June 2010
    Damn, these things always appear when I don't have time to watch them!
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, this trailer looks awesome! It's gonna be fun to play as Noir Sam in a Noir detective adventure! :D The humor seems to still be there and as funny as ever.

One thing that worries me is that Max might not be in the game as much as before ( I mean of course Max + his brain). It's one thing when some of the secondary characters doesn't make an appearance, like Bosco's absence from Night of the Raving Dead for instance. But without Max, one of the main characters, who will be there to crack us up (little buddy)? It just won't feel the same with Sam minus Max (and vice versa) in a Sam & Max adventure. But then again, this is the whole point of this new episode's dark turn.

Oh well, I'm sure the episode will still be great! I can't wait for the release! :D
  • edited June 2010
    I know some people are worried about the comedy in this episode, but Sam backhanding (he backhanded a small rat and hit two molemen with the same blow!) and threatening to shoot everyone that he met was comic gold! Especially him holding the gun at Carol, who doesn't seem to be sentient like the other C.O.P.S., and shouting "Stop holding out on me!"
  • edited June 2010
    The thing I love is he appears to have a kind of slapping for every kind of size.
  • edited June 2010
    I've had an idea (just after I made a comment, I didn't have time to add this).

I don't think Skun-ka'pe will have stolen Max's brain or anything, I think he will be in the cliffhanger. Maybe it ends with him escaping? I was just wanting to say that and see if anyone thinks different.
  • edited June 2010
    4 jars one holed brans are you stupid if I was 3 id sill now but I do have a Fashanu with Egypt
  • edited June 2010
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Can't wait :D
  • edited June 2010
    I agree with those that think Max has Sammun-Mak's brain.

Oh, and..

"What do they teach you Americans in your schools?"
    "VIDEO POKER!"
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that it's true that Ancient Egyptians threw away the brain as garbage (they didn't store every organ in canopic jars, just the important ones), and that there weren't any Molemen in Ancient Egypt either. I'm willing to let the inaccuracies slide if you guys are ;)

To be fair, when I brought it up I did say "oh who am I kidding this is Sam & Max."
  • edited June 2010
    The Foreign Guy's voice sounds familiar to me but I can't tell from where, it's ether really obvious or I'm just hearing things yet agains!
  • edited June 2010
    Remember that Max is leading his own investigation.
    Sammun-mak would explain how he can still use psychic powers - he used them too.
  • edited June 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    The Foreign Guy's voice sounds familiar to me but I can't tell from where, it's ether really obvious or I'm just hearing things yet agains!

I'm pretty sure that voice belongs to our very own Majus :)
  • edited June 2010
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that voice belongs to our very own Majus :)

I was thinking that but I didn't wanna say it incase I got slapped upside the head
  • edited June 2010
    Sam is too violent :( He's not sexy anymore.
  • edited June 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    I was thinking that but I didn't wanna say it incase I got slapped upside the head

I'd already said it twice, so I don't think you were in any danger of that.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd already said it twice, so I don't think you were in any danger of that.

Really, wow I'm a gorm for not noticing XD
    Ether way it's kinda neat.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd say "kinda neat" is an understatement. This guy has gone from being an incredibly awesome guy in Germany who made awesome fan videos to interning at Telltale and actually putting his voice into one of their games. It's absolutely amazing, and I'm excited both for him and to get to hear his voice in the game.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd say "kinda neat" is an understatement. This guy has gone from being an incredibly awesome guy in Germany who made awesome fan videos to interning at Telltale and actually putting his voice into one of their games. It's absolutely amazing, and I'm excited both for him and to get to hear his voice in the game.

Ah true true, suppose it goes to show awesome things can start at small places, from a fan video to voice acting in a game. Dang wish that'd happen to me XD
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Sam is too violent :( He's not sexy anymore.

You're cured!

I'm glad the rats finally get clothes. I mean, I'm not a prude, but the amount of nudity in the Sam and Max games is pushing that "family-friendly" envelope a bit. I'm also hoping he flips the jacket open at some point and tries to sell teeny "Rolexes" :D
  • edited June 2010
    This whole episode is VERY film noir style
  • edited June 2010
    I'm glad the rats finally get clothes. I mean, I'm not a prude, but the amount of nudity in the Sam and Max games is pushing that "family-friendly" envelope a bit.

You're only saying that to give me more work. I mean, do you know how hard it is to knit a tiny sweater?
    Okay, it's not that hard. But it's extra work!

Also, yay, I'm cured! Cuuuured! Free to give the telltale crew my full attention again!
  • MRNMRN
    edited June 2010
    I just noticed that in one shot of the museum you can see one of Skun'kape's minions. Are they everywhere??????

os8k08.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Man I hope Sam's Backhand is a dialogue option or usable ability. It would be funny just to pimp smack people continuously.
  • edited June 2010
    I hope sams backhand slap is an ITEM useable on everyone
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    You're only saying that to give me more work. I mean, do you know how hard it is to knit a tiny sweater?
    Okay, it's not that hard. But it's extra work!

Also, yay, I'm cured! Cuuuured! Free to give the telltale crew my full attention again!

Jimmy Two-Teeth plush confirmed! Also unisaur skeleton! Woooooot!

Edit: I meant you can see the skeleton in the above screenshot, not that Avistew is makin' one.
  • edited June 2010
    Jimmy Two-Teeth plush confirmed!

I wouldn't say that. But I'm not saying anything!
  • edited June 2010
    Wait a sec...does the rat mean that Joey Camen is back in the cast?
    From the dispatch: One new guy will have a familiar voice.
    Another new guy will have a familiar body.
  • edited June 2010
    The guy with the familiar body is Max, the guy with a familiar voice could be the mouse.
  • edited June 2010
    That's my thought.
  • edited June 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    Man I hope Sam's Backhand is a dialogue option or usable ability. It would be funny just to pimp smack people continuously.

Seconding this!
  • edited June 2010
    The "familiar voice" might also be referring to Majus as Foreign Guy.
  • edited June 2010
    Just had an idea. This is based on the Sammun-Mak brain idea. If it is his brain that Sam puts into Max, maybe he could be the end episode boss? Maybe he promises to help Sam, but he actually lied and doesn't give up Max's body? Then you must stop him and save Max? Just a thought...

Btw, that could apply to whoever that brain belongs to.
  • edited June 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    The "familiar voice" might also be referring to Majus as Foreign Guy.

Same here. I mean he was in i wonder what happened in tales and in secret origons, I thought people would be familiar with him.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.