Sam and Max 3DS thoughts.

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
you know Telltale could make it, and you know the fans would want it.

Although Telltale is already busy with ipad, mac ports of alot of their former games, as well as developing new ones, do they want to make another port, and with all the extra work to make it 3D?

though it seems like the series would work well in 3D, as Sam and Max environments are simple; there are always objects in the foreground and background so it would look very dynamic.

I wonder though if there really is a market for it, since there are already so many ways to get your Sam and Max fix.

there is definitely the graphic capability.

thoughts?

also hi, this being my first post.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    you know Telltale could make it, and you know the fans would want it.

Although Telltale is already busy with ipad, mac ports of alot of their former games, as well as developing new ones, do they want to make another port, and with all the extra work to make it 3D?

though it seems like the series would work well in 3D, as Sam and Max environments are simple; there are always objects in the foreground and background so it would look very dynamic.

I wonder though if there really is a market for it, since there are already so many ways to get your Sam and Max fix.

there is definitely the graphic capability.

thoughts?

also hi, this being my first post.

interesting tho it will probably never happen
  • edited June 2010
    sam and max happened for the wii, ipad, mac and xbox live arcade, why couldn't it happen for the 3DS?

a person from telltale also once said that at every point they are always porting games to new platforms, so what makes you think it probably won't happen?

it seems to me if there is a demand, they'll do it.
  • edited June 2010
    Seems to me like it would be a lot of work... Like making a whole new game. The two screens, the 3D thing...
    I think if they were to release for 3DS it probably wouldn't be a port but a game made just for it. And since they like making games for as many platforms as possible at once, it doesn't seem very likely to me.
  • edited June 2010
    Can you download games to the 3DS like you can for the DSi?
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »

I don't think they've mentioned anything yet, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say I expect so. It's going to be backward compatible with the DS so you must be able to play the downloadable games on it, which also means it should have an DS card slot somewhere.

Either that or they might be holding that for the 3DSXL lol.

Edit: Just checked gamespot and yes the 3DS has an SD card slot, so it must be able to download games like the DSi.

Back on topic, a new Sam and Max on the DS would be quite interesting, but also rather limiting in terms of who can play it. The benefit of multiplatform means a larger audience, although the DS has possibly the largest potential audience of all game playing machines. Plus point and click adventure games don't really seem like the kind of thing that would be showy in 3D.

Finally, despite all that, the DS has been crying out for a good point n click or RTS game for ages. The controls are perfect for them, but no one seems to be man enough to try it.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »

No clue but you can take 3D photos.
  • edited June 2010
    If the 3DS will allow for DLC, and if Telltale is willing to sink the resources into developing for the 3DS, it seems like it'd be a great place for another pilot game. You know, something developed with the 3D aesthetic in mind, kind of like how Grickle is such a great fit for the ipad.
  • edited June 2010
    Sam and Max: Ace Freelance Police
  • edited June 2010
    Speaking of 3d, I would love for TT to add a 3d interface to the pc versions so I can avoid double cursor vision when playing with any depth with nvidia's 3d setup.

Please:o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.