Shadow Fear

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Hey, sorry if this has been posted before, but I got a question;

On the trailer, there was a moment where Sam utters a big NO, and we see his shadow taking off his hat. I want to know if this scene, and other similar 'shadow' scenes that might be in this episode and future ones, can be correctly seen when playing the game in -7 graphic levels (which have no shadows).

Because there was that scene in the first episode that didn't show correctly without the shadows (the ring scene, which was hilarious, but I couldn't see it properly because playing with 7 above graphic levels make it lag a lot), and I'd hate to miss out on the sight-gags.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I hadn't even thought about this before. Now I'm concerned about it too. I have faith that Telltale had more foresight than I did and made sure that this was addressed, but an answer would be nice.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm sure they did something about it, what that is, I do not know.
  • edited June 2010
    I play with 4 and below and see shadows just fine. I have no clue what you are talking about
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Don't worry. For any shots where shadows are required for one reason or another, we do some tricks to make sure all will see the scene as intended... regardless of graphics quality levels.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Since the ring scene was a throwaway we didn't graphics-proof it. We had intended to just make it so the ring scene didn't play for people with -7 graphics settings, but forgot.

What Andrew said above, for the rest, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    We had intended to just make it so the ring scene didn't play for people with -7 graphics settings, but forgot.

I'll be honest with you: I wouldn't have liked that solution. People missing out on entire scenes (even if it's just a little gag) because their system isn't up to it doesn't really sound that cool. On the other hand, it would be a shame to stop creating scenes like this just because of graphic limitations on certain systems. I don't know what a perfect solution would be, but leaving scenes out of the game for some people isn't the way I would do it.
  • edited June 2010
    Makes the scenes more basic to run on basic systems.
    P.S. what ring gag?
  • edited June 2010
    This gag. If you don't understand it, watch this commercial
  • edited June 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Since the ring scene was a throwaway we didn't graphics-proof it. We had intended to just make it so the ring scene didn't play for people with -7 graphics settings, but forgot.

The scene is hilarious anyway without the shadows, and thank godness you forgot.
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    This gag. If you don't understand it, watch this commercial

OMG! that is freaking hilarious!
  • edited June 2010
    I had no idea that scene even existed, and I've played through The Penal Zone twice!
  • edited June 2010
    thanks I didn't see sam teak his hat of in the trailer and it giving me a idea sam+hat+jacket=normal sam-hat-jacket=were cop sam
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I play with 4 and below and see shadows just fine. I have no clue what you are talking about

I meant real-time shading (Is that what it's called? I'm just making assumptions, here), where there are realistic shadows on everything; On the ground, on walls, on characters, etc.

But, anyway, now that that's been answered, thank God, and thank Telltale, because I just love shadow sight gags.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.