(False Rumor)BttF and JP will start out as pilots...

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/110/1100132p1.html
Telltale wants to do something different, something they are calling a "cinematic adventure." Though there will be familiar features to longtime Telltale fans, gamers should download these pilot episodes (and that's what they are: pilots to see if they should be picked up for actual series production), the developer wanted to try its hand at "aggressive pacing" and an "emotional rollercoaster."

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I will read the whole article, but by now, judging by the quote you have posted, I think they have wrongly mixed the ideas of the BttF and JP series and the Telltale Pilot Program (Puzzle Agent...)
  • edited June 2010

I highly doubt they will be pilots both are multi Billion dollar franchise and Universal wouldn't say one 3-4 hour game, it's a risk and well It's a money maker for Universal, and they wouldn't risk it.
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, I don't really trust this article. It doesn't seem very well-researched. I recall reading somewhere that the games would be episodic, and besides, I doubt Universal would license two movie franchises this big to Telltale to try out in the pilot program. No, Universal is going to want full games out of these.
  • edited June 2010
    Okay, I realize that the guy's at E3 so he's probably got a lot to write-up and is dead tired by the time he gets to the time to do it, but still. Re-read it before you post it. It could be that BttF and JP are going to be pilots, but the somewhat confused nature of the article makes me wonder if the journalist is just remembering the conversation incorrectly. Especially since he seems to think all of Telltale's games have been point and clicks up 'til now and that the "cinematic adventure" designation for their games is new.
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Okay, I realize that the guy's at E3 so he's probably got a lot to write-up and is dead tired by the time he gets to the time to do it, but still. Re-read it before you post it. It could be that BttF and JP are going to be pilots, but the somewhat confused nature of the article makes me wonder if the journalist is just remembering the conversation incorrectly. Especially since he seems to think all of Telltale's games have been point and clicks up 'til now and that the "cinematic adventure" designation for their games is new.

Well, again Lena I don't think they will be Pilots because honestly, those are big franchises.

But I do agree, that he was in a confused stupor, and really didn't do his research on either.
  • edited June 2010
    By that quote it seems to me that Telltale are actually trying to move away from classic adventure games. And move onto more linear movie like games.
    A shame if true I think.
    You can already see the changes go in this direction with their recent games, with the direct control scheme and all.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, assuming the article is at all accurate, this part is exciting:
    That said, you should definitely expect to see artifacts from these universes appear when the make sense. For example, the hoverboard will absolutely be a part of the Back to the Future game. Telltale is also working with some of the creators of each franchise to guarantee authenticity. There is also a possibility that actors from the franchises will also lend their voices to the games. I asked if it would be possible to be called a "butthead" by the Biff Tannen. Bruner seemed to think there was a strong possibility I will be satisfied.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    That article doesn't work with direct quotes, which is a shame, because you can't tell what the author actually made up. The article itself indeed states that BTTF and JP would first receive a "pilot" to test how they'd do on the market. The official press release here contradicts this heavily:
    Look for the first video game based "season" of Back to the Future from Telltale this winter

So, either we get a complete season counting as a single "pilot", OR Telltale have changed their plans in nine days' time, OR Bruner doesn't know what he's talking about, OR the IGN article's author Levi Buchanan doesn't know what he's talking about. I personally vote for the last option. Confused journalist...

@thesporkman: As the thread title is not necessary the truth, could you add a "(rumor)" to it? ;)
    /edit: thank you very much.
  • edited June 2010
    :'( At least link to Mixnmojo when you read a start a thread based on a newspost.

Assuming you got this from Mixnmojo I mean.
    edited June 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    :'( At least link to Mixnmojo when you read a start a thread based on a newspost.

He quoted from exactly the right source - IGN. Mixnmojo rephrases the article, accepting its information at face value... that's hopefully a bad idea. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    I'll need some sort of official or semi-official statement before I can say these aren't from the Pilot Program, I'm afraid. Right now, I'll have to take this article at its word.
  • edited June 2010
    Kroms wrote: »

If mojo had the scoop, fair call. Otherwise, reporting a 3rd party source is 100% fair game.
  • edited June 2010
    I honestly doubt, and well I think that only telltale staff can confirm, but I still higly doubt that Jurassic Park and Back To The Future are pilots, just me though or it could be my fanboyism showing.
    edited June 2010
    Let's just wait for them to wake up. ;)

Hellooooooo.... anybody home??? :D
  • edited June 2010
    "Look for the first video game based "season" of Back to the Future from Telltale this winter followed shortly by Jurassic Park. Telltale will release more information on both game series at a later date."

This is from the press release, and it says season and not pilot. I doubt they need to test to see if Jurassic Park or Back to the Future will make money.
  • edited June 2010
    Armand1880 wrote: »
    "Look for the first video game based "season" of Back to the Future from Telltale this winter followed shortly by Jurassic Park. Telltale will release more information on both game series at a later date."

This is from the press release, and it says season and not pilot. I doubt they need to test to see if Jurassic Park or Back to the Future will make money.

Thats true, and Game informer says season of Jurassic park therefore, they will both be full seasons.

Also Sean Vanaman confirms that that they will be full seasons.

http://twitter.com/seanovanaman
    edited June 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Also Sean Vanaman confirms that that they will be full seasons.

http://twitter.com/seanovanaman

THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Okay, rumor discarded. thesporkman, please add a "false" in front of the thread title's "rumor". :D

/edit 4: It's been two months and the false article on IGN remains unchanged. Are these people ashamed of nothing?? And is anyone here with an IGN account who could comment under the article?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.