Max's gift

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
In the trailer for episode three (THEY STOLE MAX"S BRAAAAAAIN!.....) Sam magyvers a new little buddy by putting a new brain in his corpse. This raises some questions.

We can assume that this is not max's brain, because of the voice, and if we had his brain, then why is their even a case?

But then the new max uses the rhinoplasty.

What?

Does that mean that the gift is in the body? Or Does the other person have it... and its in the brain... But then the brain on skunkapes ship... ARGGHH! BRAIN MELT!

I hope people are putting two and two together and realizing this, but if not, I did it for you.

What do you guys think. Another person with the gift? The Body has the gift? What?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    My take on it?
    It's the pharaoh's brain, the pharaoh (being ancient and all) also had 'The Powah! (TM)'. Sam probably found it in a jar in the museum (like when mummified people had their brainz taken out and put in said jars).
    Let's see how right I am about this :P
  • edited June 2010
    The theory seems to be that Sam when to get Sammun-Mak's brain in the Museum. Since he's the one who found the chest after it landed on Earth, and he could use the items, he'd have the gift.
  • edited June 2010
    The voice sounds female to me so I don't know...
  • edited June 2010
    Do you people know how puberty works?
  • edited June 2010
    if you liaison it was a boy and thay are in a Muslim whit the lost ruler of Egypt Sammun-Mak and he died young maybe do to the gift and the toys of power stress on his bodied and mind max bode and mind is stronger the bran of one with the gift is resection but the bran has proven one whife the gift is Rosicrucian but if over dun it burns out
  • edited June 2010
    ...what.
  • edited June 2010
    kane wrote: »
    if you listen it was a boy, and they are in a Museum with the lost ruler of Egypt, Sammun-Mak and he died young. Maybe to do the gift and the toys of power stress on his body and mind max's body and mind is stronger. the brain of one with the gift is resurrection but the brain has proven one with the gift is resurrection but if over then it burns out

That's all I got, anyone care to translate further into correct grammar?

the idea makes sense though
  • edited June 2010
    ...what.

My thoughts exactly. What language is this? Bran? BRAN!!?? Its Brain! Spell it right! Get hooked on phonics!
  • edited June 2010
    so the power of the toys stopped sammun-maks brain from rotting?
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    so the power of the toys stopped sammun-maks brain from rotting?

How are you getting this from what he said!!?? I See him talking about burning out and stuff, I literally cant understand him. I would actually like a translation please.
  • edited June 2010
    How are you getting this from what he said!!??

I read stronger, ruler and toys and guessed the rest.
  • edited June 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    I read stronger, ruler and toys and guessed the rest.

Maybe I am just a huge grammar Nazi and cant comprehend what he is saying.
  • edited June 2010
    If you listen, it was a boy, and they are in a Museum with the lost ruler of Egypt, Sammun-Mak, and he died young, maybe due to the gifts and the toys of power's stress on his body and mind. Max's body and mind are stronger, the brain of one with the gift is ?? but the brain has proven one with the gift is ... but if overdone it burns out.

Is what I got.
    In other words, Sammun-Mak was still too young and the gift was too much for him and it might be what killed him (we have reasons to suspect it's what killed Gordon as well, at least partially). Max is an adult (and crazy) and has resisted so far, but might burn out at some point too if he overdoes it.
  • edited June 2010
    So why does the brain still work then in a new body?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    If you listen, it was a boy, and they are in a Museum with the lost ruler of Egypt, Sammun-Mak, and he died young, maybe due to the gifts and the toys of power's stress on his body and mind. Max's body and mind are stronger, the brain of one with the gift is ?? but the brain has proven one with the gift is ... but if overdone it burns out.

Is what I got.
    In other words, Sammun-Mak was still too young and the gift was too much for him and it might be what killed him (we have reasons to suspect it's what killed Gordon as well, at least partially). Max is an adult (and crazy) and has resisted so far, but might burn out at some point too if he overdoes it.

Thank you so much.

Do we really know how old max is? And Where did it say the museum had the brain?
  • edited June 2010
    If you watch the traler the background has the same feel as the one behind sal and he explicitly said they were in the museum.
  • edited June 2010
    Thank you so much.

Do we really know how old max is? And Where did it say the museum had the brain?

It's all theories, really. From a trailer, there isn't really a way to be sure a scene does happen soon after or in the same location as another one.
    Still, there is a museum mentioning a "lost pharaoh", and the previous episode introduced a young pharaoh who had the gift.
    Then Max uses someone's brain in Max and he can use the gift. That someone is also very enthusiastic.

Putting all of that together, people theorise that it's Sammun-Mak's brain inside of Max.
  • edited June 2010
    my answwris better.
  • edited June 2010
    I finch the toys of power will set max head on fire but it mite be max is the one that the toys are meant for so far the shines point that way
  • edited June 2010
    ps it resistant
  • edited June 2010
    That's possible, kane, but I think the toys might not be meant to be used that much to begin with. I think the point is that they're likely to harm you if you use them too much especially for that, to prevent abuse. In this prospect, there wouldn't really be a "chosen one". Especially someone like Max who would totally abuse it.

P.S: thanks for telling us the word was "resistant" :)
  • edited June 2010
    I'm just gonna wait and find out.
  • edited June 2010
    Psychic powers are not unique to Max; Gordon the disembodied brain had it. And plug-and-play brains is part of Telltale's Sam and Max universe: think Lincoln's brain in Jurgen's monster.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.