Mr. Strickland?

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Not exactly the most crutial character in the series, but I gota ask... "Do you think you can get the guy who did Mr. Strickland in the mvies for the game?" I don't remember his name, but I'll never forget his face, and his voice.

He has done video games before... I remember him doing FMVs for a Top Gun game for the PS1 back in the day. I wonder if there was anything else he did?

What do you guys thinks about Mr. Strickland? (Heck, to this day, I still call people 'slacker')

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I can see him coming, but I doubt he'll be in the game.
  • edited June 2010
    This was an inevitable topic.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Yesssssss.... this would have belonged in the "voices" thread as well, where I already specifically asked for James Tolkan.

He's pretty much retired by now, his last movie was four years ago, and he will turn 89 tomorrow. I doubt he'll come back to voice some "slacker"-lines. It would be great, though. ;)

Ohhhhhh... here's an actual interview with him from March this year!!

/edit, more than three months after original post: Tolkan turned 79, not 89!! I added ten years!
  • edited June 2010
    Yesssssss.... this would have belonged in the "voices" thread as well, where I already specifically asked for James Tolkan.

He's pretty much retired by now, his last movie was four years ago, and he will turn 89 tomorrow. I doubt he'll come back to voice some "slacker"-lines. It would be great, though. ;)

Ohhhhhh... here's an actual interview with him from March this year!!

I didn't know he was in top gun....
  • edited December 2010
    how the HELL are you forgetting Detective Lubic trying to play with the Cosmic Key Gwildor has in MOTU!
  • edited December 2010
    how the HELL are you forgetting Detective Lubic trying to play with the Cosmic Key Gwildor has in MOTU!

Does he not end up becomming king of Eternia or something amazing like that?
  • edited December 2010
    While this was cheating, I had to look here when I 1st saw the trailer.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1688659/

I was happy when I saw Strickland IS back as the orig actor. =)
  • edited December 2010
    Sorry, but IMDB is the worst place to get casting information. Anybody can add information to the site, but it takes a while to take it down.
    For example, Tom Wilson was up on that page for the longest time, but is not involved with the game.

On the other hand, Strickland was used in the BTTF surveys a few months back, which means that MAYBE Telltale have plans to use him in the game, and MAYBE will be voiced by James Tolkan. As of now though, I'm almost certain that Lloyd is the only actor from the movie series being used.
  • edited December 2010
    Mysticales wrote: »
    While this was cheating, I had to look here when I 1st saw the trailer.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1688659/

I was happy when I saw Strickland IS back as the orig actor. =)

Yeah, I wouldn't trust IMDB as a source. It's pretty unrelable.
  • edited December 2010
    Hope and dream hope and dream =p It would be a unexpected bonus but would be a welcome one. =)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, the IMDB page on the game has disqualified itself so many times during the last months that it's just cause to laugh uncontrollably.

First they had November 5 as the release date even way into November, then they had Thomas F. Wilson as confirmed cast for months, and no, James Tolkan won't be back also.

Since IMDB has introduced its costly "professional" deal, it has gone really s***ty. The information in there concerning older movies is OK, but for unreleased movies & games, their information has not even rumour quality, but is just plain invented stuff.
  • edited December 2010
    So you're the son of a b.... who's been stealing my newspapers .

Mr.Strickland is awesome
Sign in to comment in this discussion.