Whats your favourite Back to the Future scene

I think the title says it all :P

Comments

• edited June 2010
    My absolute favourite sequence is the whole "getting back the Almanach" back in 1955 in BTTF2. The way it interweaves with the first movie is just incredible. Alan Silvestri's score does the rest to make this whole sequence sooo exciting (Marty in Biff's garage, Marty playing "Johnny B. Goode" on stage, Strickland's office, the chase with Biff's car... wow!). And the great bit where future Marty gets hit by the door swung open by past Marty was hilarious!

Generally, the second movie is my favorite, because the way it gives a new perspective on the first movie is pure genius.
  • edited June 2010
    I think my favourite is basically the whole future part in BTTF2. I wish more of the movie had taken place there.
  • edited June 2010
    I think my favourite is basically the whole future part in BTTF2. I wish more of the movie had taken place there.

Me too! Omg, I have been obsessed with flying cars and the Delorean every since I first saw it in the late 80's! When the second movie starts and they end up in 2015, man, it is just so epic for words! Too bad 2015 is not gonna have flying cars and hoverboards all over the place...

I am 26 now, so I must have been in kindergarten when it came out in 89. Man, no other movie has had a greater impact in my life, and the whole "The future isn't written yet" moral is pretty kool too.

I love part 2 the most, but part 3 is kool in it's own right, for the Delorean on train tracks scene! I just wish somebody could mod Red Dead Redemption on the PC, and add the BTTF2 and 3 delorean mods from GTA IV to it, man, I will be one happy camper then for sure!
  • edited June 2010
    I saw Back to the Future 2 in the theater when I was about 7 or 8 and the hoverboard stuff will always hold a special place for me.... it got my imagination going...
  • edited June 2010
    I love Chuck Berry's cousin phoning him up to tell him about Marty's Johnny B Goode riff and Duckwalk.
  • edited June 2010
    BTTF 1, naturally, when Marty first met his father and the Biff gang showed up, and i always enjoyed the scene with the funny terrorists. There are quite some things which are nicely arranged in BTTF 1, it just feels well thought out and round.

The successors couldn't life up to this quality anymore and beside of a few nice ideas/scenes (Marty's self adhusting jacket, the hoverboard and of course the almanach) they more come around like B movies in comparison. Story, scene wise, lot's of potential they didn't make proper usage of.
  • edited June 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    I love Chuck Berry's cousin phoning him up to tell him about Marty's Johnny B Goode riff and Duckwalk.

This

And the hoverboard chase scene.

Got my Back to the Future tshirt on today :)
  • edited June 2010
    The hover board chase in BTTF2 or the Train sequence in BTTF3.
  • edited June 2010
    Gief real hover board, hopefully it will be possible someday to make a board that somehow dont care about gravity.

http://gizmodo.com/5549271/a-real-working-hoverboard-exists
  • edited June 2010
    When Marty reads his letter warning Doc Brown about his death by Libyans, and then later sees Doc shot down again.
  • edited June 2010
    I think my favorite part was when Griff was pulling Marty across the town back in 1885 and Doc had to shoot the rope off in order to save him. Or it was back in Part 1 when the lightning storm was going on. I have to say it's hard to just like one of the scenes; they're all great.
  • edited June 2010
    the future in bttf2 was so cool!

and the 80s part at the beggining and end of bttf1, love marty playing guitar with his heavy metal band, going skating through the city, in high school
  • edited June 2010
    I think my favourite scene, or at least moment has to be the very end of BTTF2 when doc from BTTF1 has just sent Marty back to 1985, and then you see him round the corner. Gets me every time.
  • edited June 2010
    The Twin Pines/One Pine mall scene from BTTF1.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I love the scene where the 1955 Doc wakes up in Back to the Future Part III, and talks about sending Marty back to the future. Then he tries to rationalize the "delusion" of seeing Marty again moments afterward, only to have Marty call his name. Then he goes into a panic, backs up onto the organ, playing various eerie chords, while staring at Marty with huge eyes like he's seen a ghost.

When his head is shaking around rapidly when he says "This can't be happening! You can't be here! It doesn't make sense for you to be here, I refuse to even believe that you ARE here!" then shuts the door, that's my absolute favorite moment in all three movies. I must have rewound it countless times. It's good that DVD's don't really have tape, or I would definitely have worn it out. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    When his head is shaking around rapidly when he says "This can't be happening! You can't be here! It doesn't make sense for you to be here, I refuse to even believe that you ARE here!" then shuts the door, that's my absolute favorite moment in all three movies.
    I love the end of that scene: while talking to Marty, he discovers a "loophole" in his arguments, which would proof, that he's lying (which on its own is hilarious, since he IS there) - something along the lines of "If my future me got sent back to 1885, how could you possibly know of that?" - and Marty just goes "You sent me a... letter!". :D
  • edited June 2010
    I can honestly say that I don't have a favorite scene that I am aware of in any of the movies. I think there are all very consistent yet enjoyable.
  • edited June 2010
    For me, my all time favorite part of the movie (and one of the only ones in all 3 movies) is the whole race to the Clock Tower poles/fixing the wire connecters/going back to the future part, that I love the best. Just the fact that they were almost out of time and everything keeps going wrong. Like the DeLorian won't start even at Doc's timmer, Doc almost falling off to reconnect the top line, almost losing the line stuck on his ripping pantleg, then its caught on a branch and then he yanks the 2nd end out... geez.

But then the whole race to the poles, getting to 88 mph, Doc sliding down a rope to get back down, struggling to get the 2nd connector out of the branch, and plugging it in, just as the lightning hits the line and the car hits it and dissapears in a trail of fire...

Man, I'm getting teiry eyed just thinking about it. (oh and a good laugh after the 2nd Marty runs around the corner to ask for Doc's help again.) Truly epic stuff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.