About the Bad Luck Whammy...

Why do Sameth and Maximus even need the Bad Luck Whammy? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose for the puzzles. I have already completed all four reels of Tomb of Sammun-Mak, and if I need it to slice the statue head in half, then couldn't that just as easily have been done by throwing the statue through the "Wrong Door," without the curse. Then again, I already had the curse on me before I threw the statue, so if I really needed the curse, than I didn't realize.

In short, why do I need the Bad Luck Whammy to complete the game?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    SPOILERS

Because the "Doorways of Life and Death" are rigged, no matter what door you choose, you'll always die. Benny's mechanical mind is not very bright, so the blades won't go down.

Now, the Bad Luck Whammy just gives you, bad luck. Walking through the doorways and being unharmed is considered good luck in a way, so if you were to walk through the door with a curse that makes you very unlucky... Kind of obvious after that, eh?
  • edited June 2010
    No matter which door you choose, it's the "right" (as in, the one where the blade won't slash) unless you've got the bad curse one.
    And the blade does go down, splash. It just goes down in the other doorway 100% of the time. You're just that lucky.
  • edited June 2010
    the head miss the blades
  • edited June 2010
    I assumed you needed the bad luck whammy to
    split the bust of Sammun-Mak in half. I never tried it without the curse, but I did walk through the door once with the curse and just assumed that if you threw the bust in without it, the wrong blade would come down.
  • edited June 2010
    I tried it.
    The bust just flies harmlessly through the archway. Benny scolds you for littering in the tomb, or something to that effect, before tossing it back.

So yup, you do need the curse for that puzzle.
  • edited June 2010
    don't dull the blades
  • edited June 2010
    What I don't get is
    if that they had super bad luck, shouldn't they have never of been able to get the blades to cut the statue, and they would be forever trapped in the tomb, withering away until they are no more than skeletons, thus creating a paradox because they never took the toybox and ripping a hole through reality?

Well shouldn't it of?
  • edited June 2010
    Their natural insanely good luck must have subverted the curse. Or maybe gramps was getting too old for this.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    No matter which door you choose, it's the "right" (as in, the one where the blade won't slash) unless you've got the bad curse one.
    And the blade does go down, splash. It just goes down in the other doorway 100% of the time. You're just that lucky.

That makes sense. Thank you.
  • edited June 2010
    What I don't get is
    if that they had super bad luck, shouldn't they have never of been able to get the blades to cut the statue, and they would be forever trapped in the tomb, withering away until they are no more than skeletons, thus creating a paradox because they never took the toybox and ripping a hole through reality?

Well shouldn't it of?

Hey! That's a good point!
  • edited June 2010
    I had to laugh at the bad luck curse
    cause I thought I was so lucky managing to walk through those doors so many times pre-curse without picking the one with the blade. Felt a bit disappointed when I worked it out!
  • edited June 2010
    What I don't get is

Well shouldn't it of?

To be honest, I wondered that myself.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.