Am I missing a causal relationship?

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
Spoilers for 302, reels 1 and 2. Don't read if you haven't completed both and don't want to be spoiled.

Telltale is usually good at making sure you can't get to a later stage of a game without all the things you need from the earlier stage. However, it seems to me that
you don't really have to talk to the Mole Woman about cucumbers sliced lengthwise or the meaning of the three hands after a spell in order to complete reel 1, and once you complete a reel, you can't go back into it. If you don't ask her about these things, are you unable to complete the puzzles in reel 2, making the game unsolvable, or do Sameth and Maximus know what to say/do without asking her?

I'd have to basically replay a large part of the game to find out, and I won't have time for that before 303 gets released, and by then I'll have other priorities. :rolleyes: However, I thought I'd put this out in case anyone wants to give it a try or knows what happens.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Of course, I read "casual" and was getting ready to hear about your love/sex life. Should have realised this wasn't the general forum.

Yes, you can get stuck for the cucumbers, but yes Sam & Max know what to say/do. They know for the tree hands, and they know for the cucumbers the first time, but then you can get trapped again and the option won't appear in the dialogue anymore.

Going from someone's post about that when episode 2 came out.
  • edited June 2010
    Ummm I beat reel one THEN learned about the cucumbers and hande hande hande(but I really didnt need to know the hande hande hande though)
  • edited June 2010
    Good to know, and sorry to disappoint. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Good to know, and sorry to disappoint. ;)

You can get a fun little glitch out of not knowing the cucumber joke. Though I would have loved to see that be one of the "bad endings," with them stuck as bas-relief for centuries to come.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.