They stole max's brain - Finished thread *SPOILERs*

13»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Following on from what Jaden said, I presume Papierwaite knocked out the moles. After Skun'ka'pe debrained Max, he sped off in pursuit of Papierwaite because he'd absconded with the Toybox. There was no co-operation involved at all until Sam appeared in the planetarium.
  • edited June 2010
    I liked this episode a lot! It was easier than practically any other episode to this point, but it had a brisk pace much more native to the franchise.

My three favorite characters -

Sal: I'm pretty sure everyone had said it by now, but there is a lot to like about Sal. He's friendly, upfront, he tries not to complain when life throws him curveballs, and he's very loyal. Sure he might be gross to actually meet in person, but it's not like it's his fault. I'm betting, in keeping with the theme of this season, that
    he's related to Franz Kafka's "Metamorphosis", maybe even a happy ending to it.

The villain of this episode:
    To be honest, Sammun-Mak seems like he could have grown up to be a nice kid. He doesn't seem to be entirely cognizant of his evil, he's just got a very warped and self-centered view of reality that resulted of his encounter with the Devil's Toybox. He's still a child. Consider that prior to his second encounter with it, he was rather friendly and cooperative towards Sam. I'd totally love to see him come back in an episode where he's in a body like Max's again and the player is controlling Anubis in lieu of Sam.
    Nefertiti
    !:
    Wow. I have to be honest, speaking of characters I felt sorry for, she actually topped the list after that last game. Yeah, she was really messed up, but could you blame her? I confess to having a soft spot for the mole people in general, but in particular I can't imagine how screwed up she was. Isolation, falling in love with inanimate objects, accidentally being responsible for the deaths of two individuals who wanted to help? (admittedly a duo that was a source of no end of grief for her)
    I actually thought "If she's in a later episode, I'll root for her" if just because I know what it's like to be kind of screwed in the head growing up. I had no idea it was in the cards to actually make her a badass grandma with the ability to resist a magical attempt to screw up her perceptions. Good show. It's nice to see at least one mole person who isn't a complete invalid when the going gets tough.
  • edited June 2010
    Originally Posted by Kayube
    The noir section made me think Phoenix Wright.

I agree. Just figuring out when to say "You are lying" and and such. Oh and another thing, I though Papierwaite had a better role and Skun-ka'pe had a better puzzle fight (as I'm now refering to them as from now on :D) than in The Penal Zone.
  • UrdUrd
    edited June 2010
    Done since a while:
    Finally an Episode I can play on a Mac w/o lags and brakedowns, even on maximum graphic, and after changing locations, good job TTG.

Regarding the episode:
    The Intro with Noir Sam was pure brilliance, but it was so good, it shadowed over the whole rest, I would have liked teh entire episode in a Noir Style.
    Sals voice Acting was just awesome, best new character since Satan himself.
    Yet the third act was wuite easy and to heavy on Rhinoplasty, althogh I relly liked Cloudy Max.

Conclusion: great and Hilarious Writing and voice acting, yet to easy and not fully used gameplay.
  • edited June 2010
    This was still an excellent episode, I really enjoyed it, although, imo it was probably the weakest of the season so far. I just loved the fresh concepts that were introduced in Penal Zone and the innovative way you could play The Tomb of Sammun-Mak. That said, the opening scene was one of the best things TTG have ever done, imo. I also loved how the Rhinoplasty got to play a bigger part in Ep 3 and seeing that Sal was behind all of Stinky's cooking was absolutely hilarious! I think the voice actor is the same guy who played Keamy in Lost, not absolutely sure on that though.

Overall, this season has been fantastic and I can't wait for episode 4, as yet again, TTG have given us another great cliffhanger!

BTW - I've actually reviewed all of Season 3 of Sam n Max for This Is My Joystick if you're interested in seeing my perspective of the whole season.

http://thisismyjoystick.com/reviews/review-sam-and-max-season-3-special/
Sign in to comment in this discussion.