Two of my favorite voice actors in 303 [spoilers]

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
...are Majus and Nicki!

Yeah! In case you'll check the credits at the end, you'll notice that Nicki Rapp (voice of Morgan in ToMI) gives Sammunmak a neat voice!

Aaaaand *drumroll*

I honestly didn't recognize Majus as the voice of the tourist. I couldn't believe that! The tourist even looks like Majus, I should've known! ...wait, no he doesn't... but either way, brilliant job!

Can't wait for episode 4!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Don't forget Sal's voice actor, Vegas Trip! He gave an excellent performance as Sal.
  • edited June 2010
    Majus was great. What an interesting new european language.
    So he and his friends infiltrated telltale and takes it over bit by bit? :D
  • edited June 2010
    I honestly didn't recognize Majus as the voice of the tourist. I couldn't believe that! The tourist even looks like Majus, I should've known! ...wait, no he doesn't... but either way, brilliant job!

Really? I recognized him instantly in the trailer, and I'm certain I've only heard his voice a fraction as much as you have. Or maybe that's the reason you didn't recognize him, you're just used to it.
  • edited June 2010
    The voice acting in 303 was absolutely brilliant - my favourites were Sammun-Mak and Sal, but Majus also deserves an honourable mention!
  • edited June 2010
    I wanted to boot Sammun-Mak across the room, but I guess that's the point. Never noticed at all though that it was Morgan :s
  • edited June 2010
    I was right! I knew that the tourist was Majus, due to the half-shoddy pronunciation (no offense, mate, I wouldn't have done it better ;) ) and general tone. Some brilliant lines out of that character anyway!

Morgan's actress playing Sammun-Mak was a surprise though, but looking back (or hearing back...?), I guess that makes sense.
  • edited June 2010
    While Nicki's voice fits Max's body, I have a hard time imagining her voice with the actual Sammun-Mak that we've seen on pictures in 302. Plus the Pharao was annoying as hell. I hope that was the point. :)

I loved the guy who did Sal. Best voice of them all.
    And Majus was great too, actually being a real foreigner for once. Too bad he
    died
  • edited June 2010
    Sal's voice kinda reminded me of Brock from the Venture Brothers. Is that the same voice actor?
  • edited June 2010
    Actually, nothing against Majus or anything, but the Tourist's voice wasn't that good.
    The accent wasn't steady at all, and the overall voicing could've been a lot sillier.
    It's too bad though, I like Majus and all, but all the time I was just thinking about how the voice work wasn't that good.
    Maybe with some practice though.
  • edited June 2010
    Seems to be the common opinion of everybody that three actors in this episode immensly shone out: Sal, Tourist and Sammun-Mak

And while we're at it - I think seeing Sal get beaten up was the first time I've ever felt bad in an adventure game.
  • edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Seems to be the common opinion of everybody that three actors in this episode immensly shone out: Sal, Tourist and Sammun-Mak

And while we're at it - I think seeing Sal get beaten up was the first time I've ever felt bad in an adventure game.

Actually, I just posted that I didn't like the voice work for the tourist.
    As for Sammun-Mak, I think Nicki didn't "boyify" her voice enough. I constantly heard a girl, instead of a boy. Her acting was good though.
    I loved Sal, loved the whole Patrick Warburton thing.
  • edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »

Not exactly. Sal does seem to be everyone's favourite, yes, but Nicki's turn as Sammun-Mak gets some negative reaction next to the praises. And let's not overhype Majus - he deserves the "newcomer of the year" award, but I wouldn't say he outshone the rest of the cast.
  • edited July 2010
    I knew that voice sounded familiar! Majus got a voice roll; that's so cool! I love you Telltale ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    You're alive!
  • edited July 2010
    And how!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.