Just dl'd Secret of MI and it's in Italian!And I don

And I don't speak Italian :) What do I do?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Learn Italian! Playing through it is the perfect opportunity!

Where did you get it and can't you change the language in settings of some sort?
  • edited June 2010
    The following advice may destroy your computer, your family, and everything else you know and love. Nevertheless, try doing this:
    Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\LucasArts\The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
    Right click settings.ini
    Open it with notepad
    Change the language value to 0
  • edited June 2010
    I am pretty sure the OP is stupid and downloaded a pirated version.

I don't know how smart it was to make a game where the player's character wants to be a pirate.
  • edited June 2010
    Quite possibly, yeah. The Special Edition has all the different languages on it, and can only be changed by doing the above instructions.

If OP bought the original monkey island, then...well... you have an Italian version. It cannot be changed. Different versions were brought out in different places and you have, for some reason, the version with Italian text.
  • edited June 2010
    LOL maybe..
  • edited June 2010
    The following advice may destroy your computer, your family, and everything else you know and love. Nevertheless, try doing this:
    Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\LucasArts\The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
    Right click settings.ini
    Open it with notepad
    Change the language value to 0

Um, should the game even be in that location? Mine is in K:\Steam\steamapps\common\the secret of monkey island special edition (yeah, K is my external HDD).
  • edited June 2010
    Um, should the game even be in that location? Mine is in K:\Steam\steamapps\common\the secret of monkey island special edition (yeah, K is my external HDD).

The directory mentioned above is a directory that stores configuration & preferences for some apps in Windows, some games also store savegames there.
  • edited June 2010
    You downloaded what and from where?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Learn Italian! Playing through it is the perfect opportunity!
    haha I see it! "Learn Italian with MONKEY ISLAND!"

He probably downloaded a pirated version.
  • edited June 2010
    The CD version of SMI had 5 languages on it as well. I'm not sure what to do about it. My CD version has a launcher that asks which language you want to play in and then launches the appropriate version.
  • edited June 2010
    cactusval wrote: »
    And I don't speak Italian :) What do I do?

Buy an English version legally.

Or learn to read more carefully what you're pirating.
  • edited June 2010
    Or learn Italian. It's not THAT hard
  • edited May 2011
    That was the paid-for file from the Telltale web site. Telltale Support replied that it was their error. Thanks for the love.
  • edited May 2011
    Come caso, si combatte come una vacca.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.