World of Fish

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
I just remembered a trip we took as a kid that was similar to World of Fish from Sam and Max hit the road.... the place is in Superior, Wisconsin a city on obviously lake Superior worlds largest fresh water lake... on the Northern border of Wisconsin... it has to be one of the inspirations for the location in game... despite it being in Missouri in the game... I mean seriously it even has its own Bigfoot.... Why it has a bigfoot there I have no clue.... but the fish is also the world's largest fiberglass sculpture..

worldoffish.jpg
creaturesgraham.jpg
fish.jpg
2760656673_b5f2ecc45a.jpg

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Most of the HtR locations are part of the United States. But I prefer the World of Fish in Sam & Max rather then whatever that horrid monster is that is holding those people hostage.
  • edited June 2010
    Are you sure it's not actually in Hayward, Wisconsin? Look at this thing, and especially the pic that goes along with it.
  • edited June 2010
    I think I'd miss that puffer fish, po' ol' Puffy...*sniff*

Edit: Also, did the picture disappear or is it just me?
  • edited June 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not actually in Hayward, Wisconsin? Look at this thing, and especially the pic that goes along with it.

oh i think you're right i wrote the wrong city
  • edited June 2010
    Yep!

http://www.telltalegames.com/summerofsamandmax/history/history2b/
    Of the game's roadside attractions, which is your favorite?

Mike Stemmle: The World of Fish is a nearly my favorite, because I've since had the pleasure of visiting its real-life inspiration (the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward, Wisconsin). But today I'm going with the World's Largest Ball of Twine, 'cause it's a fully-realized combination of puzzles, characters, music, and out-and-out weirdness. It's also got one of the better "the designers wrote their way into a hole, so here's a funny gag to make up for it" bits I've ever been a part of.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.