Speculation on Season 3 Villain

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
;)Personally, I think it's gonna be Harry Moleman, for three reasons.

1. There's a lot of emphasis on mole people in this season.
2. In season two, the villains turned out to be the Soda Poppers. So it would make sense for Telltale to make the big bad turn out to be the most random, insignificant character they can think of.
3. Why would Skunkape choose Harry, of all molemen, to make an example out of, unless he knew that he was somehow a threat? That's never really explained.

I think he's going to turn out to be Dr. Norrington, since that's the only way I can imagine him being connected to Papierwaite and Skunkape. It's possible, though; after all, he's really good at disguising his voice.

And after all, the only people that were immune to Sammun-Mak's attempt to brainwash the planet were Max (and presumably, anyone with The Gift), molepeople, and Dr. Norrington, so it would make sense for Dr. Norrington to either be a moleman or someone with The Gift.

(I'm probably wrong, but that's currently what I'm leaning towards. I don't wanna let Telltale surprise me, so I'm considering all possibilities.)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I reckon it'll be that suspicious Narrator, being stuck between worlds, and released at the end of 304.
  • edited June 2010
    I thought it was Harry Moleman for a while after the last episode but since he hasn't appeared again it's probably not him.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, there have already been some pretty interesting speculations on this one. I don't think it's gonna be Harry Moleman, because I believe the season villain shouldn't be someone as random as that. I mean, such character choice can have its comical effect, but I just feel (and hope) the real answer is going to render me almost without any words in the end, and then make me go "This is SO cool, man!!!" Plus, there are better guesses, as far as I've read, but judge for yourself:
    1. The Narrator - all the stuff he said like "MY playhouse of the bizarre", plus his resemblance to Charlie Ho-tep, the ventriloquist dummy which most probably originates from the Devil's Toybox, make a strong impression that he is infact the Devil. Need I mention that he and Satan are both voiced by the same guy? Plus, we're not a hundred percent sure that "S" doesn't stand for Satan. Sal IS a very good guess, but still...
    2. Dr Norrington is still a very unclear character. Let's assume he's evil, and he had to get rid of Sammun-Mak for his own benefit. As someone suggested, he could be (girl) Stinky's cell phone (Norrington = no ring tone), therefore if the phone is operated by Stinky (and she is holding it almost non-stop in this last season), he could be Stinky! He and the Narrator also speak in a similar manner. And if he's got a first name, it could start with S. Note: in connection to this, Stinky could be hypnotized by Satan or whoever Dr Norrington really is, for distraction and/or bidding doing.
    3. Yog-Soggoth, as suggested very obviously. He's most likely to be summoned in the series finale, although he could still be just a pawn of the real villain, even if that mighty, because hey, we might be dealing with the Devil himself here! And yes, there is an S at the half of his name. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    Great Cthulu, after all, he's on the final episode icon.
  • edited June 2010
    A. It's Cthulhu
    B. That could be any lovecraft horror. Yog Soggoth has them, and so do Shaggoths.
  • edited June 2010
    Great Cthulu, after all, he's on the final episode icon.

And Sam was the first seasons final episode icon, but he wasn't the villain.
  • edited June 2010
    Norrington probably isn't the main villain. The reason being is because He is someone everyone expects to be a villain and the villain is usually someone no one expects.
  • edited June 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    ;)
    2. In season two, the villains turned out to be the Soda Poppers. So it would make sense for Telltale to make the big bad turn out to be the most random, insignificant character they can think of.

I really don't think they made it the Soda Poppers because of insignificance. I think they made them the villains because of how much everyone hated them... so they let everyone watch them die. :p
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »

And satan was the icon for season 2 final episode and yet the soda poopers(yes i spelled that on purpose) where the main villans.
  • edited June 2010
    My bets are on Brady Culture, having possessed a newly corporeal Ms. Bosco.
  • edited June 2010
    You know, we haven't seen Myra Stump or Chuckles in a long time.
  • edited July 2010
    Neelo wrote: »

Really?
    Perhaps Hugh Bliss was the good guy and Sam and Max were the bad guys? Who is to say who is good or bad?

Philosophical moment over.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the main villain of S3 will be Yog-Soggoth.
  • edited July 2010
    You know, we haven't seen Myra Stump or Chuckles in a long time.

Chuckles appears in 205, look for him when Satan approaches Brady Culture.
  • edited July 2010
    Scientist93, Dr. Norrington most certaintly is evil, Paperwaite was consorting with him.
  • edited July 2010
    Scientist93, Dr. Norrington most certaintly is evil, Paperwaite was consorting with him.

Well... that's a good point. :D I was just hoping it wouldn't be so simple to notice and/or deduce that. :D
  • edited July 2010
    But...Dr. Norrington helped Max...

Well, I guess he could still be evil. I mean, Sammun-Mak was proving to be the biggest threat at the moment, so Dr. Norrington could have just been using whatever he could to defeat him. And as soon as everything's back to normal, he goes back to his evil agenda. Of EVIL!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.