British Advisor

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
After sitting through the credits for episode 2, I noticed you had a "British advisor" :D

Clearly a wise move, as Bosco's british accent is uncanny. Seriously, as a Brit myself - I was completely convinced!

Ep2 was pretty good. Dunno why, but I didn't think it was funny as ep1. By the looks of it, i'm the only one who thought this :)

Please say that this is gonna be the shortest episode though, cos I only took a couple of hours to get through it, and i'm not that good with adventure games on the whole :/

Comments

• edited January 2007
    being from england myself i found some of the jokes in the second episode to be really funney, bosco was hilarious.
  • edited January 2007
    I especially thought "Honey Nut Cheerio" was authentic.
  • edited January 2007
    bosco was quite amusing(another uk person here, something about the english liking being taken the piss out of hehe). but i have to say that was really so easy, i did it in an hour and a half, was not expecting that to be the end.

Was quite funny but didn't live up to the first episode, needed a bigger crescendo at the end! and longer=p
  • edited January 2007
    I love Bosco's character - he's so fantastically paranoid and deranged. I laughed out load at some of the dialogue with him. Brilliant. Wonder what disguise he'll affect next time?
  • edited January 2007
    I think more like 99.999 percent its bordering on racism how we are misrepresented but I suppose its better for America to see that than the reality!

Honey nut cherrios... tally ho what!(?)
  • edited January 2007
    ... its bordering on racism how we are misrepresented but I suppose its better for America to see that than the reality!

Honey nut cherrios... tally ho what!(?)

^
    *Waves his finger around his head in 'crazy sign' fashion.*
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    I especially thought "Honey Nut Cheerio" was authentic.

That's one of my favorite lines in the game. :D

Also, I like it when Max is like "What language is he speaking?" and Sam says "I think it's... English."
  • edited January 2007
    There was also Mr. Featherly, remember?

But I love how Bosco managed to memorize all those odd British exclaimations like toodle-pip and tickety-boo. He also shouted a bunch of them at the rats after they stole the shaving cream, but he forgot to do the accent.

Where did the dig up all those phrases, anyway? Somebody had a lot of P.G. Wodehouse's books lying around?
  • edited January 2007
    octochan wrote: »
    Where did the dig up all those phrases, anyway? Somebody had a lot of P.G. Wodehouse's books lying around?
    You can thank our honest-to-goodness British Advisor. He is an actual British person :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    There are days when Dave or Brendan will wander around the office (or make a seemingly innocuous thread on the forums) asking for some sort of odd thing. In this case it was cheesy stereotypical things that someone like Bosco would say if he thought he was doing a good job of disguising himself as a British person. It seemed like a good move would be to ask someone who was actually British, so that happened as well, then he ended up in the credits. True story.
  • edited January 2007
    I thought it was a nice satire of how terribly stereotypically the Americans portray British people in their TV shows and movies :)
  • edited January 2007
    Tally Ho chaps :D
  • edited January 2007
    Haha, I thought the things that Bosco threw out of his mouth were funny but I dunno how a couple of the kids playing this game would take it? It makes me think what kind of target TTG are aiming for? Is it a kids game? a mature game? inbetween? Slightly off topic but yer :P
  • edited January 2007
    *Puts pipe in mouth*

Mummery....

*Harumphs*
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Haha, I thought the things that Bosco threw out of his mouth were funny but I dunno how a couple of the kids playing this game would take it? It makes me think what kind of target TTG are aiming for? Is it a kids game? a mature game? inbetween? Slightly off topic but yer :P

Kids laugh at people wearing funny hats and fake mustaches and saying things like "honey nut cheerio". Even if they don't get it.
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Kids laugh at people wearing funny hats and fake mustaches and saying things like "honey nut cheerio". Even if they don't get it.

Heyyyyyyy.... funny hats and fake moustaches aren't only for the young 'uns, I for one can spend hours laughing at moustachioed people in small bowlers :D ................Then again, I also find endless entertainment in shiny things........
Sign in to comment in this discussion.