Bug in EP2?

edited January 2007 in Game Support
Hi,

I run to possible bug in EP2. While inside Bosco's and trying to exit to the street game freezes. Music keeps playing but mouse disappears and only thing to do is terminate game from task manager. This is not happening everytime but in most of cases it does.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    didnt happen to me.
    but i had a problem that the game somehow wasnt real fullscreen. yeah it filled the whole screen but when my mouse came to close to the edge it would become the "windows" mouse. and if i clicked i would land on my desktop with the game minimized in the tray...did someone else encounter this?
  • edited January 2007
    I had the fullscreen problem too, in both episodes so far. I thought it had something to do with my monitor being at 1280x1024 resolution, and the game running at 1024x768, but changing my resolution didn't help.
  • edited January 2007
    same here ive also got a res of 1280x1024 on my notebook.... maybe that is the cause
    i didnt have it with ep1 though
  • edited January 2007
    I may be imagining this and it's probably the wrong place to post it, but did anyone else notice something odd with Sam & Max's (mostly Max's) face sometimes? Just looked like the lightning didn't work correctly and made weird geometrical shapes in their faces, it happened at least once for Sam (while talking to Myra through the door) and a few times for Max. It looked like a big dark triangle from his ears to his "nose".

Anyone?
  • edited January 2007
    I may be imagining this and it's probably the wrong place to post it, but did anyone else notice something odd with Sam & Max's (mostly Max's) face sometimes? Just looked like the lightning didn't work correctly and made weird geometrical shapes in their faces, it happened at least once for Sam (while talking to Myra through the door) and a few times for Max. It looked like a big dark triangle from his ears to his "nose".
    Anyone?

I saw it as well (GeForce 6200, newest drivers) -- i *THINK* though that might have been a furrowed brow? Didn't see it on Sam, only Max. I can try to screencap it if they decide it's worth their time to look into or is actually a bug and not the aforementioned furrowing of the brow.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm also seeing the problem of loosing the cursor in Sam & Max episode 2 when attempting to leave Bosco's. It happened about 3 times out of 15, so it may be timing related. It is infrequent enough that you can still play the game, but frequent enough to be anoying. I have the newest graphics drivers and I haven't encountered any other problems with the game.

When the problem occurs the game doesn't seem to be frozen, just the game cursor goes missing. The music continues and Sam & Max still sway slightly. If I move the mouse up and left, eventually I can get a pointer to appear in the upper-left corner. If I try to move it away from the corner it disappears again. Randomly clicking never causes any action. Clicking when the pointer appears in the corner causes the game to be minimized. Restoring the game does not cause the cursor to come back.
This discussion has been closed.