Monkey Island 2 bug at 77%??

edited August 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
Okay... so i am at 77% now, LeChuck has captured me, and he hanged me over the acid trap. i died in it, and after the cutscene right after that, i hang over it again. But now i can't do shit, i think you are supposed to spit the light out? i dunno.. but it's like a never ending cutscene, i cant do anything, all the menus and shit are gone. The only thing i can do is press A for the audio commentry.

this is bullshit :S

This is the Special Edition

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Yeah, I got this too. I saved it & reloaded & the cursor came back.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I got this too. I saved it & reloaded & the cursor came back.

Mine isn't coming back! u still got the save file? maybe you could give it too me
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry, I'm on Xbox 360 :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry, I'm on Xbox 360 :confused:

ooh, haha... forgot that it isnt only for pc
  • edited July 2010
    I got that but when i saved and reloded the glitch stayed i had to start at 44%
  • edited July 2010
    jonte963 wrote: »
    ooh, haha... forgot that it isnt only for pc

A lot of people seem to be forgetting this too.

I hope the fact that most people are playing this on PC & the whole shitstorm that is the "intro" debacle doesn't detract from some of the other issues people are having.

On the Xbox 360 (& possibly PS3) the cursor is too fast & there aren't enough degrees of sensitivity. It's worse in classic mode but the problem is still present in HD mode.

We need to campaign to get a patch released for ALL the issues people are having, not just the ones people are being most vocal about. Perhaps we need a new thread with just the things you'd like to see patched & keep it focused on the problems that are almost game breaking. Because let's be honest, they're not going to patch EVERYTHING people are complaining about. The iMUSE transitions for example aren't perfect, but they have done their best & it's an unreasonable request to ask for a fix for this.

Things that NEED patching.

Cursor disappearing after letting Guybrush die

Timing issues for cetain puzzles
    (stan's coffin, spitting contest, LeChuck's hanky)

Analogue cursor speed on Xbox 360 version (& possibly PS3)

Bone song needs re-syncing

Missing intro

I feels these are the most important things that would need fixing if we were to see a patch.
  • edited July 2010

I hope the fact that most people are playing this on PC & the whole shitstorm that is the "intro" debacle doesn't detract from some of the other issues people are having.

On the Xbox 360 (& possibly PS3) the cursor is too fast & there aren't enough degrees of sensitivity. It's worse in classic mode but the problem is still present in HD mode.

We need to campaign to get a patch released for ALL the issues people are having, not just the ones people are being most vocal about. Perhaps we need a new thread with just the things you'd like to see patched & keep it focused on the problems that are almost game breaking. Because let's be honest, they're not going to patch EVERYTHING people are complaining about. The iMUSE transitions for example aren't perfect, but they have done their best & it's an unreasonable request to ask for a fix for this.

Missing intro

I feels these are the most important things that would need fixing if we were to see a patch.

also missing turn off your computer and do something constructive
  • edited July 2010
    also missing turn off your computer and do something constructive

I think it would be kind of embarrsing adding that to the list.
  • edited July 2010

Missing intro

Add being unable to use root beer on LeChuck unless you go into classic mode. And it could be cool if you could try to open the spyglass, but it's unlikely with this control scheme.
  • edited July 2010
    You do realize that you can still scroll between all the verbs or use the keyboard shortcuts for them, right? The verb menu might also be present, but I don't use it so I didn't check.
  • edited July 2010
    And it could be cool if you could try to open the spyglass, but it's unlikely with this control scheme.
    I've tried, and I got the "this is not Monkey Island 1" reply, but I think I had to do it on Classic mode
  • edited July 2010
    I've tried, and I got the "this is not Monkey Island 1" reply, but I think I had to do it on Classic mode
    I got it in the SE mode.
  • edited July 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I got it in the SE mode.

Yeah, you just have to do it before you pick it up, though.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi,

I've the same bug at 77%. I've also uploaded an Youtube Video. Please comment this video, maybe we have luck and Lucas Arts will be animated to fix this bug!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orfEEIA8QhU

Thanks!

Martin

Monkey Island rulez!
  • edited July 2010
    I got the same bug on 360 but not on PC :(
  • edited July 2010
    please post a comment on the youtube video. sony has the link and gets animated to fix the bug :).
  • edited August 2010
    Hi, I am seeing the same issue here, has anyone found a solution or can anyone provide a savegame file just before this point?

Thanks in advance.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.