Tribute POLL

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
Hey guys!

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you think. It may help me move faster with this thing as I have planned something rather big for you. :)
I can't decide who to play as... so I really would like to know who would you like to see me as. The sooner I can answer this question, the faster I can start working on the tributes!

Cheers!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Doc Brown. But not too Monkeyologist-ist! :D
  • edited July 2010
    I think you'd suit Doc Brown more and then get your brother to be Marty.
  • edited July 2010
    Hehe, anyone willing to donate a wig? :p It's very hard to find a wig that suits doc... even on ebay, I couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't know how to search. Any clue?
  • edited July 2010
    Try for a blonde afro wig, then tease out the curls and trim to suit.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah but Doc had white hair.
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2010
    Get someone else on board, and play Strickland instead: No wig needed! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah but Doc had white hair.

They're pretty white.

http://www.google.com/search?q=blonde+afro+wig
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Hehe, anyone willing to donate a wig? [...] Any clue?

Dye your hair! ;)
    I can't decide who to play as...

Oh, it's SO easy. You play Doc, Mihai plays Marty. Now GO! Hr-ahhh-dic... GOOO! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Mmm okay, news updates:

- I have received e-mails and PMs regarding people who would like to try out for one of the parts...aka auditions. Interesting.
    - As far as I can see, most of you (woah, EIGHT, SO many!!) would like to see me twitch and turn and go for both characters. Interesting.
    - I am currently trying to figure out if I should make it funny or epic, or both. Both is MUCH more difficult, because one must keep the perfect balance and one could end up with crap.
    - More and more people ask me to do this tribute, including my mom and bro! Which they never did before... Sure, they both supported me but, heh, actually ASKING me to do this is...interesting. So I guess I must not disappoint my family.

- I have also received ideas and suggestions for the tributes. If you want to see something in particular, write ideas here and let's discuss them. As much as I like surprises, I'd actually like to see what people want specifically. So, don't be shy.

Either way, filming should begin in about a week. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Mmm okay, news updates:

- I have received e-mails and PMs regarding people who would like to try out for one of the parts...aka auditions. Interesting.
    - As far as I can see, most of you (woah, EIGHT, SO many!!) would like to see me twitch and turn and go for both characters. Interesting.
    - I am currently trying to figure out if I should make it funny or epic, or both. Both is MUCH more difficult, because one must keep the perfect balance and one could end up with crap.
    - More and more people ask me to do this tribute, including my mom and bro! Which they never did before... Sure, they both supported me but, heh, actually ASKING me to do this is...interesting. So I guess I must not disappoint my family.

- I have also received ideas and suggestions for the tributes. If you want to see something in particular, write ideas here and let's discuss them. As much as I like surprises, I'd actually like to see what people want specifically. So, don't be shy.

Either way, filming should begin in about a week. :)

*piratey huzzah*
  • edited August 2010
    UPDATE:

You're gonna love this. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry for double posting. I need your help!

Everything is almost ready but I still need a Doc shirt. You know, the hawaiian style yellow shirt.
    I looked for a replica, it's way too expensive. I can only spend about 20 euro (shipping included). Ebay would be a good place to start searching, and I did look at the shirts there but...meh.... i dunno... what do you guys think?
    Does anyone know where I could find a similar, cheap, sendable shirt? (sendable => some sites don't deliver to Romania). If you can find one from Europe, you're brilliant!
  • edited September 2010
    I´ve only found this picture in a forum: http://www.therpf.com/f24/doc-brown-costume-79000/index2.html

dbs.jpg

Perhabs you can print the design on heat shrink film and iron it on a shirt?
    (in that case I could turn it into DinA4)
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks Skitty! That would be a LOT to iron...

Dunno what I'll do. :) But thanks.
    edited September 2010
    Any progress? We're all waiting impatiently.

...teasers? ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Hmmm... Hmmmmmmm... ARE you all waiting impatiently?
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, yes I am.
  • edited September 2010
    Kurt?? When did YOU become a community moderator??? Congrats! :D

Do I get free stuff from being your friend?
    edited October 2010
    Hey Doc! How far are you on that tribute of yours? ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Shhhhhhh

>.>

<.<

Not tellin'
    edited October 2010
    Where can I pre-order the tribute video to get access to a private forum where you keep hinting at a release date? ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Well, you can send me stuff if you really want to, but we don't have a private forum.

By the way, why are you asking about the tribute anyway? Maybe we just totally forgot about it and we're not making it anymore. Didn't think of that, did you?
  • edited October 2010
    Is it a 2D or 3D tribute? Keyboard or mouse? Do you have Earl Boen in?
  • edited October 2010
    Is it a 2D or 3D tribute? Keyboard or mouse? Do you have Earl Boen in?

What about Michael J. Fox? Or Tom Wilson??
    edited November 2010
    Will Mihai be voiced by Majus??

Oh wait, that doesn't make sense...
  • edited November 2010
    Is it a 2D or 3D tribute?

2D and 3D at the same time, but not in a way you'd expect.
    Keyboard or mouse?

Eyes.
    Do you have Earl Boen in?

Nope, not really. We could make a drawing of him if you really want to.
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    What about Michael J. Fox?

I wouldn't dare write to him about this :) If he can't work for Telltale, I doubt he'll "play BTTF" with us.
    Or Tom Wilson??

Wrote to Mr. Wilson a few weeks back. Never got a reply. I'd say he's not interested. I don't think he's so excited about bttf anymore.
    Will Mihai be voiced by Majus??
    Oh wait, that doesn't make sense...

We thought about that, but ultimately we'll settle for having Mihai as a 2D photo and Majus animating him in 3D. Like Chuckie. The evil doll. Does that make sense?
  • edited November 2010
    We thought about that, but ultimately we'll settle for having Mihai as a 2D photo and Majus animating him in 3D.
    Yes. No. What!?
    *runs away learning 3D*
    edited November 2010
    2D and 3D at the same time, but not in a way you'd expect.

You've been learning a lot from that Stemmle guy! :cool:
  • edited November 2010
    You've been learning a lot from that Stemmle guy! :cool:

Good mentor.... very good mentor.
    edited November 2010
    But we're still talking about a tribute video, aren't we? Or will you actually try to get another AGS-game out like last year? :confused:
  • edited November 2010
    Ok, I can actually confirm that there will be no game, AGS or otherwise, from me to you as a tribute. Suro is brilliant at programming, I suck at that. So no game :)

It will most likely be a video-tribute.

...just a random question, is there anything in particular you guys would like to see in it? IF I make a tribute. Big "IF"...
  • edited November 2010
    I would like to see...wait...no...give me a second...okay AHA! I have found what I would like to see, a crazy doc brown esque invention...if it get's made.
  • edited November 2010
    Anything else? Last chance :)
    edited November 2010
    Anything else? Last chance :)

Well, let's see... Silverwolfpet as Doc, Mihai as Marty, check; spray-painted grey hair, check; brilliant and funny, check...

Oh, wait...we've already had that!!

Can I has some more then? :D
  • edited November 2010
    I'd like to see Silverwolfpet as Marty, although Doc may fit better.
  • edited December 2010
    Sooo...who wants a release date?
  • edited December 2010
    Not me. There's a chance that the release is decades from now, and I just can't handle that kind of disappointment!
  • edited December 2010
    How about yesterday? Seems pausible enough...
  • edited December 2010
    hm, maybe I shouldn't make this tribute anymore. After all, the game launches in two days....
    edited December 2010
    Don't you DARE!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.