BTTF Vice city mod

edited September 2010 in Back to the Future
Yeah no sure if this has been posted. But for someone looking to kill some time, and if you have Vice City.

I can recommend having some fun with Hill Valley mod :)

download
http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=78

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFBzmYLmfrE

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I think this was posted when the forums first opened. They did a really good job on the mod, but it seems that it's dead now. :(
  • edited July 2010
    Its not dead at all :) they just released the 2.0e installer from the 2.0f, they are just a few guys working, and only in their space time, soon there will be coming 2.0f with the Train sequense :) But slow than not at all.
  • edited July 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Its not dead at all :) they just released the 2.0e installer from the 2.0f, they are just a few guys working, and only in their space time, soon there will be coming 2.0f with the Train sequense :) But slow than not at all.

0.2e was released in November of 09 and there's no real date for 0.2f. I've been following that mod for years now and this is easily the most dead I've ever seen it. I don't hold out any hope for that mod ever getting finished. Thankfully I don't have to hinge all my hope on them for a BttF game anymore! :D

I also hate the way they run their forums, they make it a pain just to sign up, then they are very quick with the lock/ban hammer. They've been so strict that it's killed a lot of chatter on their forums so that they only have around 10 or 15 so regular poster anymore, and half of those are the mod team. It's unfortunate, because they all did a great job on the mod.
  • edited July 2010
    Hmm I remember seing a video on that in YouTube... Long time ago though
  • edited July 2010
    Just so you know the mod isn't dead and progress is still being made. And, yes, forum members can be a little rude over there.

Anyway, my expects are high with this new game and Sinaz20's post on the "BTTFIV" thread made me even more eager to see how everything turns out :D.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah its a real shame, i mean that is like how i want a BTTF game to be, have city, being able to control car, travel in time :) Amazing no company have made a GTA style full BTTF game yet.
  • edited July 2010
    Skypes wrote:
    I also hate the way they run their forums, they make it a pain just to sign up, then they are very quick with the lock/ban hammer. They've been so strict that it's killed a lot of chatter on their forums so that they only have around 10 or 15 so regular poster anymore, and half of those are the mod team. It's unfortunate, because they all did a great job on the mod.

A little Off-Topic, but Mike, from our forums, wants to give his point of view on the subject:
    It is not our intention to make the forums difficult to sign up to, but we have had to take extra measures to combat the increasing amounts of spam-bot's attempting to sign up to the forum. The registration process still relatively straight forward:
    1. you register for your account
    2. a confirmation email is sent to you with an activation link
    3. once you have clicked the activation link, your account will then pass onto the administrator validation stage - meaning an administrator of the forum will complete the process to fully activate your account.
    The administrator validation process can take up to 24 hours, however is typically processed within 4 hours

Re: your comments on the chat on the forums, please know that we have very few rules, we simply ask that you behave in an adult manner, and as long as you don't post spam or "when is 0.2f being released" topics then you have free reign to post pretty much anything else.
  • edited July 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Yeah its a real shame, i mean that is like how i want a BTTF game to be, have city, being able to control car, travel in time :) Amazing no company have made a GTA style full BTTF game yet.

Or the other way around...a BTTF-style GTA-ish game (not BTTF licensed). I'm sure it will happen within 10 years assuming the economy doesn't collapse.
  • edited July 2010
    JuntMonkey wrote: »
    Or the other way around...a BTTF-style GTA-ish game (not BTTF licensed). I'm sure it will happen within 10 years assuming the economy doesn't collapse.

My.... aren't you a cheerful person?
  • edited August 2010
    Spykes wrote: »
    0.2e was released in November of 09 and there's no real date for 0.2f.

October 2011 ^^
  • edited September 2010
    I love the mod I can't wait to see the game, 0.2e the only thing I don't like is that it crashes, it will be fix,no one think the mod is dead, cause its not, there planning a 0.3, which is a wipe out of the vice city map and 1955 map, but changing ct's thats it, 0.4 is 1985, 0.5 is alternative 1985, 0.6 is 2015, 0.7 is 1885, 1.0 is the conclusion of the mod, can't wait for this teltale game
  • edited September 2010
    Jenna wrote: »
    October 2011 ^^

No, Mike said that, but the mod team says this Fall at the earliest,
  • edited September 2010
    You do realise sometimes you are wrong right. , maybe if you were actually a friend of mike's you would know things
    so shut up!
  • edited September 2010
    How about you keep your BTTF-VC-Mod forum fights at the BTTF-VC-Mod forums?
  • edited September 2010
    Because they can't fight there, remember? They'd get banned.
  • edited September 2010
    That outcome is fine by me.
This discussion has been closed.