Strong Bad Spotted at GameStop

So I was at the mall today and I found two great things at GameStop: Sam and Max Season 2 and SBCG4AP, both for PC! I didn't get S&M because I already own the full season, but SBCG4AP was only 10 bucks! So, I got it, with the videos, slip cover, and reversible cover. I've seen the DVD menus, and I'm installing the games as we speak. I've bought 2 episodes previously, and I'm pretty sure the other 3 episodes I'm installing will be worth it as well :D

Thanks for making such a cool CD/DVD, Telltale!

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    The Strong Bad DVD at retail is pretty cool! It's basically the bonus disc we sold on the site, with a slipcover and videos of 10 cartoons from the HSR site, picked out by the Chaps I think.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, It's got the Behind the Bad, the cartoons (some promotional, then others that inspired the game" and the Trailers. I like the slipcover and the Videlectrix box art reverse cover, the CD labelling and the manual (with famed Rabbit-Dog and Bunnyman on the back :D). I also like how it installs a whole hub for playing the games using one shortcut, and none of that "Launch the game" screen stuff.

In short, thanks for making such a great game (and CD), Telltale! :D
  • edited July 2010
    Does anyone have a feature-by-feature comparison of the Telltale and Retail discs?
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Does anyone have a feature-by-feature comparison of the Telltale and Retail discs?

I took pictures of the cover art and stuff of the box, if that's what you want.

(note: Telltale Games Side of the box cover front and back is the same as the slipcover front and back)

Cover Front (telltale games side) and open slipcover http://tinypic.com/r/1zq4o7d/3

Opened Case (manual front, CD front) http://tinypic.com/r/24zht2o/3

Cover Front and Back (videlectrix), Manual Back http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vdh0d0&s=3

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure all the digital goodies are the same [i have wallpapers, BotB poster, mp3's (featuring cover art in my Zune collection!), Roomisode 1, and game demos]. In fact, I couldn't find them at first, and I went into the games files to get them, then put in the CD again and found them in the launcher. But I did find the Roomisode easter egg on the launcher, so I'm a good kid.
  • edited July 2010
    What the hell? That's BETTER than the one for sale on this site!
  • edited July 2010

What does Telltale's direct one look like?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    The one on the site is identical except for the slipcover, and the inclusion of a few cartoons from homestarrunner.com.
  • edited July 2010

I'm not sure if better.. but it was cheaper :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    I'm not sure if better.. but it was cheaper :rolleyes:

It has the same stuff PLUS MORE

That ALWAYS means better
  • edited July 2010

That ALWAYS means better

Unless "MORE" includes those ugly ESRB ratings taking up valuable cover real estate.
  • edited July 2010
    it has the same stuff plus more

that always means better

exactly
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Unless "MORE" includes those ugly ESRB ratings taking up valuable cover real estate.

I prefer "ESRB ratings raping the whole design"
  • edited July 2010

That ALWAYS means better

What qualifies as more?
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    What qualifies as more?

slipcover and online toons
  • edited July 2010
    But HE doesn't get the downloadable versions! HA!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.