Does the dvd work in a Blu Ray player?

I just ordered the DVD because of the sale but, when I got the Wallace and Gromit DVD and it wouldn't play in my Blu Ray player. Does this one?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    DVDs will normally play in Blu-ray players. It depends on how the DVD was compiled. Sam & Max Season 2 should do something in any DVD-compatible player because it has a DVD-Video folder on the disc, but the DVD for Tales of Monkey Island, on the other hand, doesn't have any DVD-Video on it, so it won't do anything.

You'll probably have to stick it in your PC. If it has AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, then it [should] do something in a DVD/Blu-ray player.
  • edited July 2010
    it works in a dvd player.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Sorry about the late reply but I don't visit this forum very often.
    The Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People DVD plays in my Blu Ray player (Sony BDP-BX2).
    The reason the Wallace & Gromit one did not is that, like the TOMI one (but unlike the first two Sam & Max and the Strong Bad ones), it is a DVD-Rom with no DVD-Video folder.
  • edited August 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Sorry about the late reply but I don't visit this forum very often.
    The Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People DVD plays in my Blu Ray player (Sony BDP-BX2).
    The reason the Wallace & Gromit one did not is that, like the TOMI one (but unlike the first two Sam & Max and the Strong Bad ones), it is a DVD-Rom with no DVD-Video folder.

Thanks. I still haven't gotten the dvd so that helped alot!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.