Episode 2, did I miss something? **Spoilers**

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
Just finished and it was once again bloody brilliant. However I feel I must have missed a cutscene or something somewhere...

Reason being when Myra is blocking your way into her studio Sam seems to immediately be suspicious about hypnotism and swirly eyes, but I saw nothing to do with either until I was actually on the show with the bear. Did I miss something or was that plot point just dropped from nowhere a little?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I was extremely surprised that there was no puzzle involving the ingredients in the cake. I think that would've at least prolonged the game some more.
    This one was much shorter than the first episode.
  • edited January 2007
    I was extremely surprised that there was no puzzle involving the ingredients in the cake. I think that would've at least prolonged the game some more

that was the puzzle, actually, at least for me :
    i've spent maybe an hour trying to figure out what ingredients i needed ^^
  • edited January 2007
    how many of you guys have found the Telltale Texas Hold'em table :D its right there they play the game one of the studios :D
  • edited January 2007
    i saw the table, but nobody was playin...
  • edited January 2007
    I assume everybody found the Barrelhaven set as well? It's hard to miss.

--Erwin
  • edited January 2007
    Not really something I missed, but I was disappointed that you couldn't play the Midtown Cowboys tape in the VCR in the office.
  • edited January 2007
    Just after finishing the game I realised I hadn't tried that (watching tape in office VCR) as was going to load it up to try that out. Ahh well, I guess I've saved 5 minutes of my life...

...that I'll now proceed to waste on the Telltale forums.
  • edited January 2007
    after shocking Myra, when Sam tells the audience they're free to go, if you look carefully, the three silhouettes in the audience are from Bone: The Great Cow Race.

Also, have you tried using shaving cream on Sybil?
  • edited January 2007
    Josh wrote: »
    Not really something I missed, but I was disappointed that you couldn't play the Midtown Cowboys tape in the VCR in the office.

Yeah, you're right: I tried that too. What a waste of crafty television art.:p
  • edited January 2007
    JamWarrior wrote: »
    Just finished and it was once again bloody brilliant. However I feel I must have missed a cutscene or something somewhere...

Reason being when Myra is blocking your way into her studio Sam seems to immediately be suspicious about hypnotism and swirly eyes, but I saw nothing to do with either until I was actually on the show with the bear. Did I miss something or was that plot point just dropped from nowhere a little?

I think the plot point just dropped from nowhere a lil'. Imo, the plot for ep 2 is lacking structure.

I realized that it seemed weird that Sam believed Myra was hypothized after one encounter, then again, his beliefs is that no sane person would have their audience members hostage. Everything was so vague till you get to the end and realize that the puzzles/game shows you do is required to get to the last scene. Hopefully, future episodes won't seem so random like this one.
  • edited January 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I realized that it seemed weird that Sam believed Myra was hypothized after one encounter, then again, his beliefs is that no sane person would have their audience members hostage. .

I guess the problem is that in any "normal" adventure game this would be a natural conclusion to reach but in the bizarre world of Sam & Max people act strangely all the time without the help of hypnosis. But it seemed like that scene was more a set up for the joke of Sam considering her behavior weird and Max not understanding and thinking her behavior perfectly normal.
  • edited January 2007
    Lysandus wrote: »
    I guess the problem is that in any "normal" adventure game this would be a natural conclusion to reach but in the bizarre world of Sam & Max people act strangely all the time without the help of hypnosis. But it seemed like that scene was more a set up for the joke of Sam considering her behavior weird and Max not understanding and thinking her behavior perfectly normal.

True, especially since Bosco can be described as a Paranoid Schizophrenia.

I guess you are right that it is more of a joke.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.