CSI 6 announced!

The next CSI-game by Telltale will be released in October 2010 (at least in germany) and the german name will be CSI - Tödliche Verschwörung.

Download Trailer:

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/videos/download/de/CSI_High_Noon_DE_Download.zip

Guessing from the filename the english title could be "High Noon"

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Nice find!
  • edited August 2010
    Ah, nice. I wonder when Telltale will make their official announcement.

Kind of weird to see that CSI is Telltale's biggest franchise, in a way. Still, the games are always good for some entertaining hours of puzzling.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, platforms will be PC, Xbox 360, Wii and for the first time PS3.

There will also be a Nintendo DS Version (developed by Other Ocean, not Telltale) with the title CSI - Ungelöste Fälle.
  • edited August 2010
    I said that!
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18365
    (Never thought I was actually right, though)
  • edited August 2010
    The English title has been announced: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

There's also an official site: www.csifatalconspiracy.com

Some interesting things:
    Partner with FBI agent Gene Huntby in 5 Connected Cases to take down the Queen of the Hive. For the first time ever, the storyline engages you from the first case to the last.

This sounds very, very good. Especially after the lack of cohesion between cases in the last game.
    All New Immersive Experience: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is an all new immersive experience thanks to intriguing cases written with CSI show writers, a fully updated rendering engine allowing for more realistic lighting effects, and enhanced character acting and lip sync with the voices of the main actors from the show.

I think the actual writers of the show working on the game is a first, although I could be wrong about that. I never watched any of the CSI-episodes except for the ones written by Tarantino, so I have no idea if the original writers are any good, but still, pretty awesome.

I always enjoyed the CSI-games for what they were, so I'm rather excited to play this one. I'm mostly excited for the TOMI/Devil's Playhouse way of telling the story (5 connected cases instead of independent ones). Bring it on.
  • edited August 2010
    How are they going to handle the lack of actual characters on the show.
  • edited August 2010
    Yay! I can finally tell people what I've been working on. I can't say more than is covered in the press release but I think CSI fans are going to be happy with what we've done for this one.
    ________
    Mercedes-Benz O305 picture
  • edited August 2010
    seher wrote: »
    I think CSI fans are going to be happy with what we've done for this one.

I really hope you don't mean you guys included the characters' personal life in the game :D :D That's the biggest (and actually the only notable) mistake they made with the TV series.
  • edited August 2010
    I have the felling that this will be the best of the series...
    Really hope of better and various research tools....
  • edited August 2010
    That FBI guy they talk about on the official site, Gene Huntby... is a character from the TV show, or is a new character for the game? Will he be the playable character? I'm a bit tired of always being the lab's rookie...
  • edited August 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    Oh, platforms will be PC, Xbox 360, Wii and for the first time PS3.

There will also be a Nintendo DS Version (developed by Other Ocean, not Telltale) with the title CSI - Ungelöste Fälle.
    the english version of the title of the ds version is csi: unsolved
  • edited August 2010
    I just found out what is wrong with these video game series (except for the marketing or Langston :P )

The cast models. I wish you guys would use the ones from CSI: 3DoM, maybe the best game in the series.

I like how all the cases are connected from a start, all the good investigative adventures are about serial killers these days, and I have to say it's a very good move.

But you should definitely use Nick's model from 3DoM :/
  • edited August 2010
    umm how is telltale going to handle another sam and max, jurassic park season, back to the future season, and another csi?
  • edited August 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    umm how is telltale going to handle another sam and max, jurassic park season, back to the future season, and another csi?

Last year they had W&G, Tales, and CSI (not even counting ports). That's just one more season than last year, and they are now being backed by Universal and constantly growing. I think they can manage.
  • edited August 2010
    Wait... Has a Sam and Max Season 4 been announced somewhere?
  • edited August 2010

No, he's just making insane assumptions.
  • edited August 2010

He's probably talking about the last episode of Sam & Max Season 3.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh. That comes out this month, though. Then it'll be over and done with, and they can focus on their other three projects.
  • edited August 2010
    We like to keep very busy around here that's for sure.

To my knowledge (and I don't really watch the show), Huntby has not been on the show and I have no idea if he will be in some future season.
    ________
    medical marijuana dispensary
  • edited August 2010
    Seems like Huntby is our name as the player. I see the real CSI actors in the photos. Can't wait to play it! :)
  • edited August 2010
    Nah, Huntsby is a 'guest star' from the FBI.
  • edited August 2010
    Awsome find. But i want NCIS
  • edited December 2010
    Is this as bad as the recent click clickety-click fiasco aka. Deadly Intent?

edit: I guess not. Seems playable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Km3o9TJBrA

edit2: oooooh I'm sorry, NY was the clickety click fiasco: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_NY_%28video_game%29
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Testikkeli wrote: »
    Is this as bad as the recent click clickety-click fiasco aka. Deadly Intent?

edit: I guess not. Seems playable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Km3o9TJBrA

edit2: oooooh I'm sorry, NY was the clickety click fiasco: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_NY_%28video_game%29
    All of Telltale's CSI games have been really good. It's too bad Ubisoft only has them make the games for the Los Vegas series, and not the NY and Miami games too.

I just finished Fatal Conspiracy, and it's the best CSI game yet. I was pleasantly surprised by how much more polished this game is than the last game CSI game I played (Hard Evidence). I liked how the CSIs didn't pay a Monk-level attention to the crime scene and only realized that something that didn't seem like it fit into the case at all was actually evidence when it was brought up in interrogation.

Also, the side case that connected the cases together was great. I like it when crime shows have an overarching theme to a season (which sadly doesn't happen too much in today's syndication-minded world). It really felt more like one of Telltale's seasons than any other CSI game before it, which is definitely a good thing. Agent Huntby and the criminal who was involved in the overarching crimes were great characters too. The ending also left the possibility for a direct sequel open, which was a surprise for games like this.

The thing that surprised me the most was that I actually cried during this game. Andrew Chaikin's performance in Burned Out was so believable, and the writing was so good, that when he broke down in tears I actually teared up with him.

Great job Telltale! I really hope you guys get to make more CSI games in the future. Your games definitely set the bar for games based on the franchise. And with each game you keep raising the bar higher. Hopefully Ubisoft will wise up and let you make games based on the other CSI franchises too. :D
  • edited January 2011
    CSi games from TTG is one of the rare games i doubt i will never get tired of, really fun engaging to watch the plot unfold. I just wish they werent so damn short :S Instead of keep making new games, CSI would be a great game to make a engine use that improve on it, and release 5 new cases every now and then.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.