Don't say "The restitution will be televised"

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
I've noticed that the episode 2 banners (at least those at Adventure Gamers) contain the sentence "The restitution will be televised.". I can sort-of figure out what this sentence means, but what is your point in saying it? Is it supposed to be funny somehow? Is it some kind of oublique reference to something?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I think it's a play on the phrase "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised," but I agree--it feels very oblique in that banner.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Restitution: the act of restoring something to its original state

Situation: Comedy takes place in a TV studio and Sam & Max are televised multiple times in their attempts to free Myra's studio from a hostage situation.

I think that's what it's getting at.
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Restitution: the act of restoring something to its original state
    Mm, yes that does make more sense... :) I guess I was reading it more in the sense of "repayment or the giving thereof". Thanks.
    Situation: Comedy takes place in a TV studio and Sam & Max are televised multiple times in their attempts to free Myra's studio from a hostage situation.

I think that's what it's getting at.
    While normally I'd be tempted to say "that doesn't yet make it funny or banner-worthy" at this point, I'll admit that in the Sam & Max context, it actually does :D.
    numble wrote: »
    Thanks, that is a rather obscure reference. I hope TTG doesn't expect anyone outside the US to get it...
    On a tangent, I was actually quite pleased with the understandability of the various references in Situation: Comedy. Throughout the game there was only one point where I felt annoyed because of missing out, and I'll have to admit that that joke (the Colonel Sanders one) was well worth the look-up.

PS: I've just retyped the entire post because my browser (using Firefox 2.0) ate it when I clicked "Preview Post". Is this a known issue?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    If it's an issue it's with either Firefox or with the vBulletin forum software :( But I've never encountered it...
  • edited January 2007
    Firefox 2.0 does not do that to me.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.