Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, we're gonna need you to get right on that soundtrack. Thaaaaaaanks. *slurps coffee*

Yeeaaah.. that'd be greeat.
  • edited July 2011
    Why is it whenever I read that, I hear the little girls from Lilo & Stitch that hung out with Mertile?
  • edited July 2011
    I just bought the soundtrack to Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space, with my own money. If you make the soundtrack to Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, I will buy it, with my own money. That's like a guaranteed twenty bucks in your budget.
  • edited July 2011
    I just bought the soundtrack to Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space, with my own money. If you make the soundtrack to Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, I will buy it, with my own money. That's like a guaranteed twenty bucks in your budget.

Make it 40.

With my own money.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Blasphemous thought:

Did you ever consider that the Season 3 soundtrack might not actually be your average 20 bucks... but, say, 30? I mean, let's assume there would be a very specific reason for the price raise...

[highlight](Do not click if you don't want to get even more hyped up for the soundtrack as there still is no definite confirmation that we'll get it): [/highlight]
    There was far more music for Season 3 than for the previous seasons. We might get three discs in the OST... even four is a possibility...
  • edited July 2011
    Dammit. I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler tag. I was too weak not to though and now the prosect of what you suggest might happen has got me excited. I'm now hoping your theory is right!
  • edited July 2011
    There was far more music for Season 3 than for the previous seasons. We might get three discs in the OST... even four is a possibility...

Wait, really? There was? Huh. I need to replay the season then and listen very closely then.
  • edited July 2011
    Remember when someone put up a thread about speech files in The City That Dares Not Sleep, and Jake closed it down, apologizing and saying thatthey weren't supposed to be in there? Some of those lines mentioned a story "not told in words, but in music...a free form jazz odyssey of the mind, if you will," as well as resonating toys of power and a Side B. Somebody else put up some cut dialogue from They Stole Max's Brain, and nobody from Telltale made a fuss.

Ergo, those cryptic cut lines from The City That Dares Not Sleep may be a clue about an Easter egg on Season 3's soundtrack. This may explain why the soundtrack has taken so long to make, and why Telltale has yet to make any announcements.

Can anyone from Telltale confirm/deny this?
  • edited July 2011
    Wha? Easter Eggs in the form of cut dialogue that was still in the game's audio banks?
  • edited July 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    Wha? Easter Eggs in the form of cut dialogue that was still in the game's audio banks?

Yeah, I've been listening to them lately and you can definitely find some surprises, the only problem is the files are fragmented and no order is put into them so you have to look through thousands of 2-12 second speech files to just look for something a mundane as all 10 or so of Max's "Whee!" and laughing noises.

EDIT: I didn't notice it at first but I just found a few from the opening of the Penal Zone and it seems there was something else Max could transform into apart from the pot and bazooka, and it must of been something silly and/or suggestive cause the brain kept telling Max "I know what you're doing, CUT IT OUT!", and S&M keep laughing for some reason.
  • edited July 2011
    I think you get that I know what you're doing line when mind-reading the brain.
  • edited July 2011
    So I've noticed they've been using some of Season Three's music in their recent Comic-Con videos.

Now I just want it more.
  • edited July 2011
    SirQuacky wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been listening to them lately and you can definitely find some surprises, the only problem is the files are fragmented and no order is put into them so you have to look through thousands of 2-12 second speech files to just look for something a mundane as all 10 or so of Max's "Whee!" and laughing noises.
    I'm sure someone with the means and time will hack something together and post it here.

But that someone probably doesn't have a life. At least I have an excuse, which is I'm still looking for a job.
  • edited August 2011
    Still waiting patiently ^_^
  • edited August 2011
    *crying*
    Stop bumping this, *cries more* It's already dead!
  • edited August 2011
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet ...

Good ol' cultural sayings. What exactly has an ending got to do with a fat lady singing?
  • edited August 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet ...

Good ol' cultural sayings. What exactly has an ending got to do with a fat lady singing?

It's an Opera thing.

Kind of like "Being charged an arm and a leg" is a painter's thing.

TRIVIA: Back during the Roccoco Era (well, around that time, really, not EXACTLY then), rich socialites would spend money having their portraits painted. A traditional portrait back then was just the bust of the subject, from about the shoulders up. However, to exhibit one's wealth, they would often pay the painter to paint more of their body. The painter would then charge them for an arm to be added to the portrait. What more? You get charged a leg for a whole body, 3/4 angled portrait. All for the single intent of showing off how rich you are!

Unrelated Trivia: Did you know that the phrase "Eat your heart out" is a referance to the original painting of Envy? Envy was depicted as a jealous-looking girl eating her own internal organs, more often than not her own heart straight out of her chest.
    edited August 2011
    Here's actually related information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_ain%27t_over_till_the_fat_lady_sings

However, if waiting for the soundtrack is like the Götterdämmerung, we'd better get out of here. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    Remember when someone put up a thread about speech files in The City That Dares Not Sleep, and Jake closed it down, apologizing and saying thatthey weren't supposed to be in there? Some of those lines mentioned a story "not told in words, but in music...a free form jazz odyssey of the mind, if you will," as well as resonating toys of power and a Side B. Somebody else put up some cut dialogue from They Stole Max's Brain, and nobody from Telltale made a fuss.

Ergo, those cryptic cut lines from The City That Dares Not Sleep may be a clue about an Easter egg on Season 3's soundtrack. This may explain why the soundtrack has taken so long to make, and why Telltale has yet to make any announcements.

:eek: Part of me got incredibly excited over what you wrote, but the other part of me thinks it sounds too much like something I'd make up to tease everyone.
  • edited August 2011
    :eek: Part of me got incredibly excited over what you wrote, but the other part of me thinks it sounds too much like something I'd make up to tease everyone.

I can vouch (as the guy who posted the cut lines originally) that those speech files are, indeed, in the game. I don't know what purpose they'd serve, though.
  • edited August 2011
    One would hope that, yes, there was a concept soundtrack where the music would be presented in a unique way with said cut lines being used as interstitial.
  • edited August 2011
    Well the store back up but i still dnt see the season 3 sound track.
  • edited August 2011
    alik44 wrote: »
    Well the store back up but i still dnt see the season 3 sound track.

IMO I don't think that's everything just yet. I think there's more to come and I remain hopeful that the OST 3 is one of them. Just got to wait a little longer...
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, not even the first two soundtracks are back yet. I seriously hope this situation is remedied soon.
  • edited August 2011

The thread on this is here:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20821

I wanna find this, but I'm not looking through ALL of the soundfiles just to hear it.
    edited August 2011
    So, the store is back online, but neither the season 3 OST has popped up nor did the first two soundtracks return. Getting a little frightened now.
  • edited August 2011
    So, the store is back online, but neither the season 3 OST has popped up nor did the first two soundtracks return. Getting a little frightened now.

Look at it this way: You have two rare CD compilation soundtracks for 2/3 of your favorite video game series reboot.:D
  • edited August 2011
    I put together a complete soundtrack for Season 3 almost a year ago. As we still don't have an official release, I reckon it's about time I put mine on Youtube.

OFF TOPIC: I'm also planning to do a Sims 2 soundtrack with all the expansions and radio songs, if there's any demand for that?
  • edited August 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    OFF TOPIC: I'm also planning to do a Sims 2 soundtrack with all the expansions and radio songs, if there's any demand for that?

Don't bother. They are recycling the Sims 2 music in The Sims 3.
  • edited August 2011
    They are? I know the TV channels sometimes have Sims 2 music in the background but I thought all the songs in Sims 3 were brand new.
  • edited August 2011
    GENERATIONS didn't have as many licensed songs, so when you install that pack, you get a lot of Sims 2 tracks added to some of the radio stations, most noticeably the Kids' music station and the Pop music station.
  • edited September 2011
    My rip of the Penal Zone soundtrack is now online.

The other four episodes will probably be up shortly.
  • edited September 2011
    I should have checked where the link was point towards, because I thought you meant "for purchase" and not "for your listening pleasure." :(
  • edited September 2011
    Heh, whoops, sorry. I've changed the phrasing.
  • edited September 2011

thank you for uploding,:D i was really wishing to have the chanse to just lisent how was going this saundtrack, if telltale was selling it I would bay it, even when i kaind of made me the promise to not bay anything until i had my contest winner pack of the october contest xD, that never arraived, dosent matter what¬¬
  • edited September 2011

Awesome.
  • edited September 2011
    So its been a full year.......where the soundtrack
  • edited September 2011
    alik44 wrote: »
    So its been a full year.......where the soundtrack

Being ripped and posted on YouTube by Teeth. No word on IF TellTale will make an official one.
  • edited September 2011
    Make the best soundtrack out of all Sam and Max games ever produced.

Don't release it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.