Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Make the best soundtrack out of all Sam and Max games ever produced.

Don't release it.

Profit!
    ...Wait.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Make the best soundtrack out of all Sam and Max games ever produced.

Don't release it.

I still have hope.
  • edited September 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    I still have hope.

I have hope, but I also have 8 days of music from other video games.

And knowing that The Narrator was suppose to host a concept audio album just makes me curious even more.
  • edited September 2011
    They Stole Max's Brain sountrack!

Sorry for the delay.
  • edited September 2011
    Teeth wrote: »

I will thank you for at least confirming the audio tribute to the Star Trek battle music with the Skunkape track from the final puzzle in that episode. I can hear that homage better now than I did in the actual game.
  • edited September 2011
    Wow. Don't all rush in at once, people.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for uploading them onto youtube, but is there any chance we could get the different episode's soundtracks into a file to download?
  • edited September 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    Thanks for uploading them onto youtube, but is there any chance we could get the different episode's soundtracks into a file to download?

And now we venture into piracy... Jake, Jared, and Julian (J3) will not be pleased...

*backs away*
  • edited September 2011
    hey they the ones who wanna keep away with the Season 3 sound track for what a full year now with little no reinsurance on whether they making it or not so yeah of course people are going to move to piracy.
    (i still got my money ready telltale but my patience is ridding thin)
  • edited September 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    And now we venture into piracy... Jake, Jared, and Julian (J3) will not be pleased...

*backs away*

I don't see how it's Piracy when he already uploaded the tracks on youtube.
    Who's to stop people from downloading them off youtube?

Also it was only just a question. :(
  • edited September 2011
    They're not going to produce the Soundtrack any faster if you people keep going ON and ON about how it isn't out yet. If they are planning it, they are planning it, and that's that.
  • edited September 2011
    alik44 wrote: »
    hey they the ones who wanna keep away with the Season 3 sound track for what a full year now with little no reinsurance on whether they making it or not
    Oh, for the love of all things holy...

What makes you think that TTG is purposely saying in their little meeting rooms "You know, that Sam & Max Season 3 soundtrack was great! Let's not release it to your fans and consumers so we can torture them?" What train of logic can you present that would justify such a claim from your end?

Because you know what? From their end, they have a whole mess of projects they would rather focus on. Jurassic Park; Fables, The Walking Dead; the King's Quest series; and that was just as that press announcement back when Season 3 ended!! TTG is not going to focus their resources on making a soundtrack for a game that, as you pointed out, came out almost a year ago. Why? Because they have more important projects out there than remastering a soundtrack.

They aren't purposely keeping it away from us as some kind of marketing decision. They quite literally are too busy to be bothered to put together a soundtrack!

And don't you pull that "Well, clearly they weren't that busy if they were able to come up with that Deluxe Edition of Back to the Future." Part of Graphic Design is designing a package that would sell, and for all we know, they had that packaging design already set up by the time Episode 3 was out to download. And even then, for all we know, they probably planed those Feelies to be produced back when they were in pre-production of Episode 2.
  • edited September 2011
    guys i really want this too but it seems unlikely now that the season 1 and 2 soundtrack is off the store
  • edited September 2011
    That's what LaLaLand Records is for. I mean, that's how I got my Batman: The Animated Series 2CD soundtrack.
  • edited September 2011
    That's what LaLaLand Records is for. I mean, that's how I got my Batman: The Animated Series 2CD soundtrack.

What! YOU BASTARD! Thing's sold out!
  • edited September 2011
    Teeth wrote: »

I just saw them pop up in my Subscriber box!
    Thanks mate.
  • edited September 2011
    Thank you Teeth!! :D
  • edited September 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    What! YOU BASTARD! Thing's sold out!
    I got mine when they released it. Sold out pretty quick. I totally missed out on the "autographed pre-order" sale, however. That would have been nice to have.
  • edited September 2011
    Aaah I'm so jealous.
  • edited September 2011
    My money's also guaranteed as soon as an announcement is made!
  • edited September 2011
    The City That Dares Not Sleep soundtrack!

Well, that's it then. If there's no official release, at least we have this. There's only one new "processed" song in Season 3 (Stinky's Diner) so all but one of them are available in listenable quality. If this were Season 1 or 2 we'd be missing out on loads of songs, such as the theme for Bosco's Inconvenience, the old Stinky's Diner theme, and the Hell reception and main office songs.

I would recommend checking out my "suite" (Listen to me, trying to sound all professional) of the Inside Max themes.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks a ton for all these, Teeth. Good job!
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks Teeth. You are credit to forum.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm gonna go back to this;
    GENERATIONS didn't have as many licensed songs, so when you install that pack, you get a lot of Sims 2 tracks added to some of the radio stations, most noticeably the Kids' music station and the Pop music station.

I've gone through all the songs on these stations and I can't hear any songs I recognise from Sims 2. And I know the Sims 2 music like the back of my hand, (Especially College Rock). The only re-used tracks I've noticed are the French songs, which are from Sims 1 Makin' Magic. Can you give me a specific example?
  • edited September 2011
    Do you have a list that I can cross check?
  • edited October 2011
    "Looks at watch"
    "continually taps finger on desk while glaring at screen"
  • edited October 2011
    If you keep doing that, your finger tips are going to be as blunt as that desk.
  • edited October 2011
    *signs into TellTale after weeks away*
    Any Season 3 Soundtrack yet? Nope? Oh Well
    *Leaves again*
  • edited November 2011
    Oh come on already, TTG.
  • edited November 2011
    It does seem unlikely that Telltale will start offering physical soundtracks to their games any more, we haven't seen one since Season 2. One of the pre-order bonuses for the Deluxe Edition of Jurassic Park: The Game is its digital soundtrack. When Telltale finally get around to Sam & Max: Season 4 they should offer digital soundtracks for the third and fourth season as a pre-order bonus or something. Just a thought.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    It does seem unlikely that Telltale will start offering physical soundtracks to their games any more, we haven't seen one since Season 2. One of the pre-order bonuses for the Deluxe Edition of Jurassic Park: The Game is its digital soundtrack. When Telltale finally get around to Sam & Max: Season 4 they should offer digital soundtracks for the third and fourth season as a pre-order bonus or something. Just a thought.

Sounds like they are testing digital soundtrack distribution methods before they commit to it.

But as a pre-order bonus? I don't know. The whole thing with Pre-order bonuses has me rather shaken up, especially when you have pre-order DLC models like what LA Noire and Arkham City are ultimately doing right now.
  • edited November 2011
    Sounds like they are testing digital soundtrack distribution methods before they commit to it.

But as a pre-order bonus? I don't know. The whole thing with Pre-order bonuses has me rather shaken up, especially when you have pre-order DLC models like what LA Noire and Arkham City are ultimately doing right now.

Oh I quite agree. It was more of a what if? than a request. Telltale could easily just offer it to anyone who buys the game. I guess what I was trying to say was that a digital soundtrack is vastly better than no soundtrack.
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I guess what I was trying to say was that a digital soundtrack is vastly better than no soundtrack.

Yup. At this point, I'd take a digital copy of Season 3's soundtrack. Sure a CD would be nice, since I love having physical copies of anything I absolutely love. But if digital is the only way, then so be it.
  • edited November 2011

I wouldn't quite say that, considering that the soundtracks for the Bone episodes and I think SBCG4AP were on the physical releases. I'd have to doublecheck, but I don't think a soundtrack was released for ToMI.
    edited November 2011
    Back to the Future and Jurassic Park and Tales of MI and even W&G didn't get soundtracks largely because we didn't own the music, as they're based on licensed themes owned by outside composers or studios.
  • edited November 2011
    Understandable if sad, thanks for explaining Jake. You probably can't answer Jake but regarding the Walking Dead, Bear McCreary does do game music, will he be doing the game music or work with Jared on the music?

Regarding S&M S3, if you guys could do a digital release, please do it via Bandcamp where we can order it in the format we want it in (mp3, FLAC, ALAC, and so on). Mark Isham has done this with some of his soundtracks this year and it's been great to have control of what format we want to buy it in.
  • edited November 2011
    *comes back after a month*

Still nothing? Oh well!

*goes away again*
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011

Also, that would kill the fun. It's not only the additional beginnings, endings and transitions, but of course also about owning a Digipack that'd fit nicely with the other two soundtracks (which I'd urge TTG to make available again).
    edited November 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    Understandable if sad, thanks for explaining Jake. You probably can't answer Jake but regarding the Walking Dead, Bear McCreary does do game music, will he be doing the game music or work with Jared on the music?

Regarding S&M S3, if you guys could do a digital release, please do it via Bandcamp where we can order it in the format we want it in (mp3, FLAC, ALAC, and so on). Mark Isham has done this with some of his soundtracks this year and it's been great to have control of what format we want to buy it in.

Jared's doing the Walking Dead music, as the game is coming from the comic not the show. I like a lot of the music in the show, though!

Re: Sam & Max soundtrack, if any forward momentum happens again I'll be sure to get people to look into things like Bandcamp, as it's a great service.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.