Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »

I'm still shocked at the fact that the season that gets Jared's best treatment is not getting a soundtrack.

No one's said that but you guys.
  • edited January 2011
    You have to admit Jake, information has been so scarce as to not really suggest anything else. Your message is the first real bone we've had. (and it's good to hear)
  • edited January 2011
    Jake wrote: »

Implying it's still a possibility?
  • edited January 2011
    It means we are the ones that told the truth ourselves, therefore they don't have to tell it to us and see our faces slowly frowning.
    Shh, guys, keep your cool. If we keep on saying "it's not coming, it's okay" maybe they'll try to rush it up and release the thing before we know it, just to be able to say "IN YOUR FACE YOU TROLLS".
  • edited January 2011
    *Spark of hope*
    *Continues waiting*

OH PLEASE RELEASE IT SOON!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    You have to admit Jake, information has been so scarce as to not really suggest anything else. Your message is the first real bone we've had. (and it's good to hear)

Yeah. I mean, I understand that you guys are busy with Back to the Future and Jurassic Park (which looks BEAUTIFUL, btw), but after not seeing it pop up as part of the 30 Days of TTG Christmas thing? The only thing keeping my hope alive is your last post, Jake.

Other than that, there isn't even a place-holder/pre-order spot in the store for it. :( Don't you want my money to help fund your awesome game development company? Is my portion of a $25 (after S&H) purchase not something you want to help keep Jared and his team of musicians on board for the next batch of games you guys produce?

:(
  • FlyFly
    edited January 2011
    If anyone's still here, I'd like to gratuitously beg for a rip of the copyright-safe rearrangement of the Hit The Road theme that makes the theme to the History featurette on the DVD.
  • edited January 2011
    There was a site floating around with the processed MIDI files you could download as MP3s, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

BTW, still waiting on TDP soundtrack, but the hope is starting to fade away rather quickly.
  • edited January 2011
    Zeek wrote: »
    There was a site floating around with the processed MIDI files you could download as MP3s, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Are you, by any chance, talking about MY SITE?
  • edited January 2011
    "What's New" is my favorite section.
  • edited January 2011
    So sad you had to remove the SW stuff. Got most of it on my PC though... :D
  • edited January 2011

Yup, that's the one! I remember it because the title for "King of the Creatures" is wrong.:p
  • edited January 2011
    Okay so, I was having a bath today and I caught myself singing the melody of Modern Major General. That's how I realized that I NEED this soundtrack.

Make it happen guys. Fast.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm still waiting for the ToMI Soundtrack. It'd be a shame if Telltale stopped producing the soundtrack CD's to their games. I love OST's, and Telltale do great music!
  • edited January 2011
    Jake, I hope this isn't another thing that you promise to create but which Telltale never delivers on (see: NutriSpecs).
  • edited January 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the ToMI Soundtrack. It'd be a shame if Telltale stopped producing the soundtrack CD's to their games. I love OST's, and Telltale do great music!

TBH I'm not really fond of ToMI Soundtrack. It lacks a certain amount of "pizazz".
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    TBH I'm not really fond of ToMI Soundtrack. It lacks a certain amount of "pizazz".

I loved it! It hit me right in the nostalgia bone, especially some of the tracks in the opening chapter. I mean it wasn't as strong as previous MI soundtracks or even the S&M Season soundtracks but if Telltale released a ToMI soundtrack I'd buy it in a heart beat!
  • edited January 2011
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Jake, I hope this isn't another thing that you promise to create but which Telltale never delivers on (see: NutriSpecs).

Ugh... don't remind me of that....

*continues waiting for Soundtrack*
    edited January 2011

Did I promise NutriSpecs? Also I didn't promise anything about a soundtrack either. I just didn't say it was off the table. I'm doing what I can!
    Woodsyblue wrote: »

I believe LucasArts owns the rights to the music in Tales (or some aspect of it) so a soundtrack is up to them.
  • edited January 2011
    Just got my soundtracks for season 1 and 2 in the mail and I absolutely loved them.

As cool as the package, jewel case cover and stuff is, I would even be willing to buy a digital, downloadable version of the soundtrack for TDP. The music is just that awesome.

But I know quality stuff takes time...
  • edited January 2011
    Did I promise NutriSpecs?
    In case you need a reminder....
    Jake wrote:
    The plan was to unlock them similarly to treasure hunting in Tales of MI, but it has been a bumpy road. PC users will get NutriSpecs at some point though. Not abandoned.
    And:
    Jake wrote:
    Sorry NutriSpecs don't yet live for PC. They will.......
  • edited January 2011
    I'm doing what I can!

*Hope increases - again*
  • edited January 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    *Hope increases - again*

I admit reading Jake's message my hope decreased. Who knows what the problem is (hopefully just time) but to me it doesn't bode well. My fingers are crossed for at least a digital release (preferably FLAC or Apple Lossless) and that way TTG nor Jared have to worry about physically mastering a CD and getting pressed however many they have to (given normal limited scores I guess the minimum would be a pressing of 1000).

Not surprised that it would be up to Lucasarts about ToMI, a shame but it's music isn't as important to me as S&M's is or BTTF's (and I guess Universal will have say on a release for that)
  • edited January 2011
    I see your point, but I much prefer looking on the bright side. Jake says he's trying, which means he hasn't given up hope, so IMO we shouldn't either! :D
  • edited January 2011
    I'm glad Jake is still trying, it gives me hope too.

I'm curious as to why it wasn't a decision like "we're releasing the soundtrack when the DVD is released" like in season two. I don't care about not getting a case file, it the soundtrack that still gets played in the car long after the season is over.
    edited January 2011
    In case you need a reminder....

And:

Nooooo! Sorry. I was going on the information I had at the time.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for the answer Jake, even if it disappeared ;)

Fingers crossed that things align.
  • edited January 2011
    Nooooo! Sorry. I was going on the information I had at the time.
    So that's a "never gonna happen," then? Glad we've cleared up exactly how much a Telltale promise is worth.
  • edited January 2011
    I believe LucasArts owns the rights to the music in Tales (or some aspect of it) so a soundtrack is up to them.

Awww, that makes me a sad panda :( I'll just have to add it to the pile of things I'm waiting for LucasArts to do, such as add another batch of classic adventure games on Steam. It's almost like they are working on Valve Time.
  • edited January 2011
    Glad we've cleared up exactly how much a Telltale promise is worth.
    Aw c'mon, don't be like that. Also, I don't read the words "I promise" in any of Jake's postings, so maybe you're just expecting too much? After all Telltale got rather busy after S&M3, something Jake couldn't really foresee at that point (and also: Something we should be really happy about!)
  • edited January 2011
    Aw c'mon, don't be like that. Also, I don't read the words "I promise" in any of Jake's postings, so maybe you're just expecting too much? After all Telltale got rather busy after S&M3, something Jake couldn't really foresee at that point (and also: Something we should be really happy about!)
    If this were the only such broken pledge of Telltale's, I might be inclined to forgive. But there are others. For instance, the Earl Boen Narwhal still isn't available through Telltale's website, and The Devil's Playhouse for iPad has been abandoned entirely. I don't like this eagerness to pledge things the staff doesn't have the time or energy to deliver on.
  • edited January 2011
    My hope has been going up and down with the last series of posts.

At least you guys are trying to get a soundtrack out.
  • edited January 2011
    I have no doubt they will get the soundtrack out.

...Just don't ask me when.
  • edited January 2011
    Whooaaaa, opening edits ahoy!

Season 2
    Season 3

Lot of thanks Jake...
  • edited February 2011
    If I could direct you to the upper left corner of this picture and the artist's comments :

http://needleblade.deviantart.com/#/d38h7o2

Don't know if it's official, however. Haven't asked. But it's nice to look at, at least.
  • edited February 2011
    OH! Please let that be the cover, I likie
  • edited February 2011
    That is nice! I wonder what colour scheme will be used if that truly is the cover art.
  • edited February 2011
    Weren't the arts for the other two made by Purcell???
  • edited February 2011
    Didn't take Max as the violin playing type. Me likes, though.
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, people clutching at straws here...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.