Anyone thinks Richard Horvitz for Marty McFly's Voice?

edited September 2010 in Back to the Future
He's Invader Zim from ... Invader Zim and
Razputin from Psychonauts

Although he must change it a little bit, you know, more teen-esque

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Yeah, a teen-esque Richard Horvitz might work.
  • edited September 2010
    I think they should get David Kaufman, he did the voice of Marty in the animated series and he did the voice of another character Michael J Fox is well known for, Stuart Little which also had an animated series. Hes known right now for voicing Danny Phantom and played the role of Dexter Douglas in Freakazoid

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0442120/
  • edited September 2010
    I think they should get David Kaufman, he did the voice of Marty in the animated series

Wow, I completely forgot that that exists! Yeah, he could work.
  • edited September 2010
    if only we could somehow mix Richard's voice with Dominic's and David Kaufman's, then we no longer needed Michael ...
  • edited September 2010
    Richard Horvitz has a surprisingly wide vocal range. I can always tell his voice out in a crowd of video game extras, but it never sounds how I expect it to.
  • edited September 2010
    Richard Horvitz and David Kaufman both have voices that would suit the character, but I would prefer James Arnold Taylor, who does a perfect Michael J. Fox impersonation.
  • edited September 2010
    I vote for James Arnold Taylor as well. He sounds spot on in that youtube video.
  • edited September 2010
    For those only familiar with him from those youtube clips, Taylor's also an established voice-actor, not 'just' an impersonator.
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, yes! James Arnold Taylor is PERFECT! The guy can do anything!
  • edited September 2010
    Just listened to James Arnold Taylor's voice, and yeah it's perfect for Marty! ...

EDIT: but don't chose him just because he impersonated Marty on that clip, you haven't heard David Kaufman or Richard Horvitz's impersonation of Michael J.Fox

But now that I think about it, they all are suitable for Marty's voice.
    James Arnold Taylor, Richard Horvitz, David Kaufman ...

We should just see who's got enough time for reprising Marty McFly ...
  • edited September 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    But now that I think about it, they all are suitable for Marty's voice.
    James Arnold Taylor, Richard Horvitz, David Kaufman ...

We should just see who's got enough time for reprising Marty McFly ...

Well since Insomniac are making Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and apparently Ratchet will also be in a crossover game called Heroes on the Move, James Arnold Taylor might be a bit busy.
  • edited September 2010
    Sonic9jct wrote: »
    Richard Horvitz has a surprisingly wide vocal range. I can always tell his voice out in a crowd of video game extras, but it never sounds how I expect it to.

Really? I've only ever heard him in the higher range, as Zim, Dagget, and Alpha 5. Especially that last one recently. What has he had a voice in where he was closer to a "Marty" voice?
  • edited September 2010
    What has he had a voice in where he was closer to a "Marty" voice?
    Psychonauts?
  • edited September 2010
    Really? I've only ever heard him in the higher range, as Zim, Dagget, and Alpha 5. Especially that last one recently. What has he had a voice in where he was closer to a "Marty" voice?

Well, even in Zim and Angry Beavers, he still did random voices that weren't high pitched, nor does his regular voice sound like Daggots. I've always just randomly heard his voice as extras in games, most notably MGS4. I remember I was killing guys, and I heard one make an "oomf" that sounded like him, and I noticed one chatting that also sounded like him, and lo and behold it was him. For the best example, if you can get your hands on the Zim DVDs, listen to some of the commentary to see what he normally sounds like. It could work.
  • edited September 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Psychonauts?

As a broke-ass gamer who does not own a PS2 or Xbox and didn't own a gaming-suitable PC until about a year ago, I've never been exposed to this game in the slightest.
    Sonic9jct wrote: »
    For the best example, if you can get your hands on the Zim DVDs, listen to some of the commentary to see what he normally sounds like. It could work.

Sure, I have volume 1, so I'll check it out.

Edit: Checked it out. Richard's speaking voice is remarkably similar to his Daggett voice.
  • edited September 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    yes, yes! James arnold taylor is perfect! The guy can do anything!

qft
  • edited September 2010
    Billy West would be alright too. The voice he does for Fry sounds a lot like Marty, actually. But yeah, David Kaufman or James Arnold Taylor would probably be the best if they can't get Michael J. Fox to voice.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know who Richard Horvitz is, but if he sounds like Michael J. Fox and the latter is too sick/unavailable to do it then sure. Would be GREAT if Fox could reprise his role alongside Christopher Lloyd though....
  • edited September 2010
    according to James Arnold talyor on his youtube account, he auditioned for the role in the game, but they haven't gotten back to him yet.
  • edited September 2010
    Really don't think Richard Horvitz' voice is similar enough. James Arnold Taylor on the other hand might be able to pull it off. It just depends on his vocal talent, he might just be good at mimicking what Michael J Fox has already said as opposed to staying in-character the whole time..
  • edited September 2010
    James Arnold Taylor is a professional voice actor, not just a mimic.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm aware of his back-catalog jp, the above comment was based solely on the youtube bttf clip where he is mimicking MJF's voice.

Just because he can perform a scene sounding like MJF as Marty, doesn't mean he can perform a whole series of episodes using the voice.

I'm not doubting his talent :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.