Dullest thing you can think of

2»

Comments

• edited January 2007
    i've occasionally picked up books in charity shops if they look awesomely dull - proud members of my library include 'Copper Compounds In Modern Agriculture' and 'Concrete Design'
  • edited January 2007
    You think the old saying "That book put me to sleep" is a cliche, but ten minutes with characters with names like Fainall (oh... OHHH how DROLL!) and Manly (oh yes, quite), who make the most gruesomely banal commentaries on then modern society, will have your head hitting the pillow during high noon.

It isn't that there isn't something to learn from all the ribald cuckoldry (tittering laughter), or insights to be gained from nobility traveling freely between England and Spain during the early 1700s, or of the moral relaxation of English society during Charles the II's reign, it's just that...

*Head hits keyboard*
    *Drool covers keys*
    *Snores resound*
  • edited January 2007
    Trying to memorize Department of Defense form numbers, and their purposes.
  • edited January 2007
    Oooh... forms. That reminds me...

Software Engineering format documents. Duuulllllllllll.

Try finding a good military software specification document.
  • edited January 2007
    Fancy Worm wrote: »
    Trying to memorize Department of Defense form numbers, and their purposes.

That also reminds me of something... having to memorize US government acronyms... each department had a handbook, small typed, of many-many pages. They had an acronym for literally everything... luckily, I have forgotten them all :)
  • edited January 2007
    Counting every strain of hair on a person's scalp.
  • edited January 2007
    Helping another human being....
  • edited January 2007
    "Choose Your Own Adventure" books exclusively featuring household chores.

Turn to page 24 if you sweep the kitchen.

*flip flip*

You didn't sweep the kitchen and it becomes infested with ants.
  • edited January 2007
    Henrik Ibsen. There are some alright Norwegian playwrights, but he, who just happens to be our most acknowledged one, literally makes me turn emo and want to cut myself on the paper after reading just a few pages. Literature that dry is what scares people away from reading. :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2007
    Changing every word in every single book in the British Library to the word "dull" and then reading out all the books in a boring monotone.

That would be pretty dull, but not as dull as waiting for a new episode of Sam N Max! :)
  • edited January 2007
    Give names to all the pebbles in your fish tank.
  • edited January 2007
    That one time I was stuck in my own irrelevant cut-away gag.
  • edited January 2007
    Watching a car rust.

Try doing it without blinking. Go on.
  • edited January 2007
    Watching golf on TV.
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    In the spirit of Heidi's post:

Watching the Weather Channel*.

*When I visit my aunt and uncle in Minnesota, it's invariably on TV and on mute. :p
  • edited January 2007
    In TV's dull things, I love watching skynews just to hear that music when they show weather and news of the day... ta ta tataaaaaa... taaaaaaaa... taaaaaaa...

[edit] Oh wait... they have changed it ! Damn :( I prefered the old one, they did the dullest thing :(
  • edited January 2007
    Glandular Fever (or Mono as you strange perverters of the English language are wont to call it). Not sure you could make that into a joke though. But there's nothing quite as dull as a month of lying on your back feeling too ill to move.
  • edited January 2007
    Counting the same object over and over again.

"One. One. One. One. One.....

One."
  • edited January 2007
    A three-hour letchure on contemporary art from a teacher that sounds like Ben Stien, but lacks any kind of knowledge on the subject matter in a surprisingly comfortable letchure room after sundown.

The dullest three hours of my life. Have way through the semester, I took the period as my nap time.
  • edited January 2007
    Playing a graphic adventure game in 2007!

Err, wait...
  • edited January 2007
    trying to think something good to write at this topic........
  • edited January 2007
    Trying to explain things to people =\
  • edited January 2007
    Constitutional Law.
  • edited January 2007
    Daytime television. It's the real reason that people get jobs.
  • edited January 2007
    Daytime television is awesome for the fact that people can refer to it as 'my shows'. Which show doesn't really matter, they're all the same.

On topic: Waking up in the morning and going through your morning ritual is pretty dull (shower, brush teeth, smash an alarm clock etc.)
  • edited January 2007
    Action man's (GI Joe's?) sex life - Lots of big guns and absolutely no genitals
  • edited January 2007
    getting an email telling me about episode 3 reviews when i can't play it yet and they'd be full of spoilers :D
  • edited January 2007
    Keir wrote: »
    getting an email telling me about episode 3 reviews when i can't play it yet and they'd be full of spoilers :D

That's not dull. Its frustration.
  • edited January 2007
    Here's one:

a dusty, ancient bowling ball.

HUURRR HURRRR!! WORDPLAY!! *DOWNS CLAP*
  • Sean ASean A Former Telltale Staff
    edited January 2007
    Reading off binary numbers to a tech support guy.
  • edited February 2007
    fhqwhgads wrote: »
    Roses are #FF0000
    Violets are #0000FF
    All my base
    Are belong to you

:D Ha!

(Thought i had put more than 10 characters.)
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Larrin wrote: »
    Daytime television. It's the real reason that people get jobs.

Once upon a time I was in a band called Daytime Television....

(I didn't expect this thread to last so long. Apparently talking about dull things is less dull than doing dull things.)
  • edited February 2007
    Once upon a time I was in a band called Daytime Television....

(I didn't expect this thread to last so long. Apparently talking about dull things is less dull than doing dull things.)

Not quite. Normal dullness has become dull to us. We are trying to transcend dullness, by taking the thought of everything of a dull nature, and combining their powers. It's the path to boredom, and therefore, enlightenment.
  • edited February 2007
    *yawn*

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sign in to comment in this discussion.