Time Circuit entry

edited September 2010 in Back to the Future
I can see how you can enter the Time Circuit control on the pc with your NumPad, like this in the vc mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsJ0FmaqcE
How will you do it on the ps3, xbox, etc, will it be like the 0.2e version of the bttf mod, use a button to move over each digit, then scroll threw the option choices in that slot like in month
you move the cursor over the month area
Then you click another button and chose what month you want?
Hmmm, what do you guys think, or a word from the teltale?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Who says that Telltale is going the same route as a mod for GTA Vice City? Wouldn't it be easier to just get a choice between a few dates, like,

Doc, when are we going?

And then you click and point on the datge.
  • edited September 2010
    Thats silly, you should be able to time travel freely
    Who said same route, i was showing a example
  • edited September 2010
    Thats silly, you should be able to time travel freely

All right, so TTG should spend 18 months and dedicate their entire programmnig team to make a free-roam time-traveling game where you can visit whatever year you want?
  • edited September 2010
    But if you could time travel freely, then Telltale would have to make a place for every single time. That might take a bit to long. Probably forever.
  • edited September 2010
    You want Telltale to create a massive and fully explorable and alterable simulation of all of human history? That would be pretty cool, but probably beyond the scope of the game they're making.
  • edited September 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    But if you could time travel freely, then Telltale would have to make a place for every single time. That might take a bit to long. Probably forever.
    Why? It only took seven days to God. And the seventh He had a rest.
  • edited September 2010
    WOW, what welcomeing, first i never said for it to change every time travel only like to 1955 1885, 2015, and 1985, thats what i mean
  • edited September 2010
    Why? It only took seven days to God. And the seventh He had a rest.

Touché.
    WOW, what welcomeing, first i never said for it to change every time travel only like to 1955 1885, 2015, and 1985, thats what i mean

No one's trying to offend you, just make sure you clarify that kind of stuff in your first post.

Welcome to the Telltale Forums.
  • edited September 2010
    That wouldn't be tooo difficult. Really!

I mean, how much can a city change in just one year?
    You could punch in the date...and the city would change just depending on the year. Also, the DeLorean could have an accident, and the numbers on the digits could be "reduced" to 1, 8, 0, 5 and 9. ...I'm just rambling, nevermind...there could be solutions to this.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    That wouldn't be tooo difficult. Really!

I mean, how much can a city change in just one year?
    You could punch in the date...and the city would change just depending on the year. Also, the DeLorean could have an accident, and the numbers on the digits could be "reduced" to 1, 8, 0, 5 and 9. ...I'm just rambling, nevermind...there could be solutions to this.

That's assuming you'd want to visit an empty city, where very little happens and you can do nothing? Let's say you visit a place and then... actually do something! The timeline is now altered. Now you can go... anywhere else in time and the thing you did has rippled out and changed time, to increasing or decreasing degrees as time progresses? That would be a game outside the scope of basically any developer in the world. The reason I think Back to the Future is so watchable and fun is because of what happens! The time traveling stuff is super awesome but it's a vehicle (figuratively and literally) for crazy character and story hijinks to ensue.
  • edited September 2010
    Ok everyone sorry for getting every confused, let me simplify
    I dont want anything to change, I mean like can you just type in a random day,and go there, unless its 1955, 1885, 1985, 2015, thats it, the only the really thing you have to do is have the green part of the tc to change what the destination one says, sorry for everyone getting mad and everything
  • edited September 2010
    it is looking stupid
  • edited September 2010
    What is?
  • edited September 2010
    the whole custom time entry thing
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Let's say...

Hehe, yeah, true... I was just playing around with ideas. :)

Who knows, maybe after 100 years the technology will allow such games to be developed! That would be awesome!

I can't wait to see the first screens from this game! The art looks amazing!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.