You know what would tide me over until season 4?

edited March 2011 in Sam & Max
How about an HD remake of Hit the Road? May be tought since I believe Lucasarts owns the license to it, but come on, they could work together, if it worked for Monkey Island, it will work maybe even better for Sam and max Hit the Road! what do you guys say? :D

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Well, they'd really just need to spice up the graphics. I don't know if Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson would be willing to reprise their roles as Sam & Max.

Although, doing it with David Nowlin and William Kasten would be a treat. I don't know if they'd want to do it, either. Dominic Armando I know was already a big fan of Monkey Island when he started as the voice of Guybrush, but I'm not sure if the new pair love their roles enough to re-record the voices for HTR, and if people would care for that anyway.
  • edited September 2010
    maybe is a little to soon to talk of season 4, dont you think ^^; but remaking hit the road saunds cool for me, in that case i dont care who do the voices, as a tribute i would like it with the old voices,for other side i like more the new voices, but again ,hitting the road i would not like it as a new season, for season 4, i know i will like some new adventure with new puzzles and story, we waith to mush for a new season to be finally plaing a remake.
  • edited September 2010
    Don't fear the pixel
  • edited September 2010
    Yea I would like to see a good remake of hit the road. I read about it never had the pleasure of playing it.
  • edited February 2011
    bump! because we need this :D
  • edited February 2011
    Honestly I prefer to see new stuff
  • edited February 2011
    I wana see it on the Nintendo 3DS
  • edited February 2011
    This belongs on the PSN in full glorious HD. Really loved the Monkey Island remakes. This needs to happen
  • edited February 2011
    Please announce it at PAX East... pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeeease?

This is my desperate face.
  • edited February 2011
    Really don't see that this is necessary.

Hmm... perhaps Steve Purcell, Telltale and Lucasarts could do a three-way deal whereby we get both "Sam & Max: Freelance Police" completed AND a second season of TOMI.

What? Lucasarts too busy contemplating own navels?

What? Telltale just too damn' busy?

Damn.
  • edited February 2011
    Yea I would like to see a good remake of hit the road. I read about it never had the pleasure of playing it.

If you can find it, the original is still superb and much better graphics and audio quality than the original Monkey Island that was remade. I'm not sure Sam and Max Hit the Road needs to be remade. :-) Maybe remaster the audio though.
  • edited March 2011
    I've been thinking that a NEW Sam and Max game made in the 2D style of the Monkey Island remakes would be better than a Sam and Max Hit the Road remake. It would be a full game instead of released episodically. You know, old fashioned like Hit the Road. Could be a direct sequel of Hit the Road - or better yet, could be Plunge Through Space. ;-)
  • edited March 2011
    I thought LucasArts did a fine job with their updated versions of Monkey Island 1 & 2. I'd like to see them give Hit The Road a similar treatment. Maybe Maniac Mansion too?
  • edited March 2011
    I'd love to see Hit the Road remade (hell, I'd settle for just re-releasing it without any kind of updates), but from a business standpoint it wouldn't benefit either of the necessary companies as much as what they're doing now.

Telltale can already make Sam and Max games without having to share the profits with another company, and LucasArts profits enough by publishing an endless sea of mediocre Star Wars games. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    and LucasArts profits enough by publishing an endless sea of mediocre Star Wars games. ;)

and that's real strange to me o_o
  • edited March 2011
    You know what would tide me over until season 4?

More machinima, actually
  • edited March 2011
    Doesn't Steve Purcell own the rights to Sam and Max not Telltale? I think TellTale have the copyright of their games but not the characters and they are free for Purcell to licence were he pleases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • edited March 2011
    Doesn't Steve Purcell own the rights to Sam and Max not Telltale? I think TellTale have the copyright of their games but not the characters and they are free for Purcell to licence were he pleases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Purcell does have rights to Sam and Max, but I believe Lucasarts has rights to Hit the Road.
  • edited March 2011

Yes and no. Steve Purcell owns the rights to Sam and Max, but he's given Telltale the license to make Sam and Max games. Steve is free to license out Sam and Max to, say, other comic companies or animation studios, but if he allowed another game company to handle Sam and Max while Telltale still has the license it'd probably be seen as a breach of contract.

Telltale doesn't necessarily have the license permanently, of course. If Steve really wanted to (not that he does, but speaking hypothetically), there must be a way that he could deny Telltale further licensing rights. It definitely wouldn't be as simple as "I'm going to temporarily take the license away from Telltale, give it to LucasArts so they can remake Hit the Road, and then give it back to Telltale" though.
  • edited March 2011
    ^ Would it be possible then for Lucasarts to re-release Hit the Road unadulterated? Or would this breach Telltale's copyright?
  • edited March 2011
    ^ Would it be possible then for Lucasarts to re-release Hit the Road unadulterated? Or would this breach Telltale's copyright?

It'd be a copyright violation, yes. LucasArts owns Sam and Max Hit the Road, yet they don't own Sam and Max themselves. If this sounds like it doesn't make sense, that's only because it doesn't. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.