dialogue update patches?

I think it would be great if TellTale could release patches that expand the amount of dialogue between characters on an every week or every month basis.
What do you think?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    An insane and stupid amount of expense and effort for a $5 game, considering not only the cost of actually recording and putting the lines in-game, but how to provide some form of monetary benefit to the other partners in the venture. Yes, in an ideal world where money and effort were no object and there weren't costs related to such things, how great would that be? But that's not what we live in and it would be an insanely stupid thing to do on their part.
  • edited September 2010
    An insane and stupid amount of expense and effort for a $5 game, considering not only the cost of actually recording and putting the lines in-game, but how to provide some form of monetary benefit to the other partners in the venture. Yes, in an ideal world where money and effort were no object and there weren't costs related to such things, how great would that be? But that's not what we live in and it would be an insanely stupid thing to do on their part.

Unless you charge for each update.
  • edited September 2010
    Who said free patches? non free ones. also on a six month basis.
    You do get bored of playing it if you have heard all the dialogues possible, don't you?
  • edited September 2010
    I've never heard of anyone refer to paid content as a "patch" until this very day, but fine, I'll roll with it.

No, I'm not going to pay money for more dialog to a card game that I'll at best play a few times when I have five minutes to spare and want a quick burst of entertainment. I do not want a model where it would be profitable to ship with a bare minimum of voice content and then sell conversations a la carte. Besides, it's a really dumb idea, because the number of people who will still be interested in the game 6 months or even a month out will be pretty small, and overall it's an extremely complicated and stupid business proposition, especially given the number of license holders involved.
  • edited September 2010
    ... You got me :o Yeah I meant free ones in my first post. I was so exited at the moment the idea came to me that i never even thought about voice actors and I just thought of a text update to dialogue database ... sort of ...

But, I wasn't exactly thinking about a patch before I came here to open this thread.
    I were thinking about a SBC4AP like system where some more sb-mails are saved into games database, but they are not revealed until a week after the release date.
    But I changed my mind from that to patch updates while I was opening this thread...
  • edited September 2010
    Regular patches for new dialogue between the characters would be awesome, but I won't get my hopes up about it.
  • edited September 2010
    There propably won't be any updates... because the game is definetly not Team Fortress 2! xD
  • edited September 2010
    Varrok wrote: »
    There propably won't be any updates... because the game is definetly not Team Fortress 2! xD

Exactly.
  • edited September 2010
    Or they could just release a new game with new dialog. Notice that the forum goes The Inventory > Poker night at the inventory. I bet we'll be see different happenings at the inventory later.
  • edited September 2010
    DLC would work but TellTale Games is not known fixing their bugs from releases, unless it stops most of their playerbase from even finishing episode.
  • edited September 2010
    nesjake wrote: »
    Or they could just release a new game with new dialog. Notice that the forum goes The Inventory > Poker night at the inventory. I bet we'll be see different happenings at the inventory later.

I'd prefer to see more of the same. So more texas hold' em with four new characters and all new dialogue.
  • edited September 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    I were thinking about a SBC4AP like system where some more sb-mails are saved into games database, but they are not revealed until a week after the release date.

They didnt do that. All where released along with the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.