Pre-order bonuses

So, I see this game can be preordered from either Telltale or Steam.

Since I already have everything else I want from Telltale, should I just preorder through Steam (which offers 10% off the game like they do on all preorders)?

I ask more for other people, so we don't end up with the TF2 hat problem like we did for Sam & Max... this game is far more likely to have TF2-related pre-order bonuses than Devil's Playhouse was.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    You do realize the 10% only makes it 50 cents cheaper? I say it is still worth buying on telltale's site.
  • edited September 2010
    I collossaly suck at poker, but because Strong Bad & Max are in it, I have to buy it.
  • edited September 2010
    I bought steam becuase I like having things on steam and am goign to buy on tt.com for 25% off a big order I plan to make.

I did the same for sam and max and strong bad just because I like things on steam and I like discs. I have a problem.
  • edited September 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »
    You do realize the 10% only makes it 50 cents cheaper? I say it is still worth buying on telltale's site.

I say the game is so cheap why not buy in both stores.
  • edited September 2010
    Powerlord wrote: »
    Steam (which offers 10% off the game like they do on all preorders)?
    the telltale has twenty-five percent of other item in your cart
  • edited September 2010
    I don't think there's gonna be any bonuses.

We already have Sam and Max items, and Valve has no rights to Homestar Runner OR Penny Arcade.
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

omg. as i couldn't decide between the comfort of steam and letting the dev's have all the money they deserve... i bought it on steam AND from telltale.

that's eh.. my way of confession without a priest.. (no, i DON'T pirate games)
  • edited September 2010
    Ah but what about a poker visor for the Heavy to wear? Can't rule out all the hat related possibilities
  • edited September 2010
    A TF2 hat would be a nice bonus, but a free episode from one of Telltale's games would be even better. :)
  • edited September 2010
    snip3rfire wrote: »
    A TF2 hat would be a nice bonus, but a free episode from one of Telltale's games would be even better. :)

Or you could just buy the rest of the telltale seasons. To be honest I was sick of all the free episodes, the 25% off extra stuff SHOULD be good enough.
  • edited September 2010
    I'd say a nice little in-game option for changing the cards to fit different franchises would work.
    I.E.
    Ace: DivX, Homsar, Scout, Sam
    2: Gabe, Strong Sad, Spy, Sybil
    Etc.
    Although, they'd have hard times figuring out more than 12 characters for PA and TF2
  • edited September 2010
    I bought the game in both stores too XD. My friends think I have a problem.
  • edited September 2010
    Although, they'd have hard times figuring out more than 12 characters for PA and TF2

Same characters, different costumes / hats etc.
  • edited September 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »

Yeah, I pre-purchased the game over Steam and realised afterwards that there was no need to rush when it was only 50 cents off.
  • edited September 2010
    Read that PNatI is a Steamworks game? If so, I'll now have it available from both sources. Though, not sure about how pre-ordery hatitude would be handled, buying it TTG-side. Hopefully it'll be like Alien Swarm, where you get a hat from playing the game (or, in AS's case, watching others play it, heh).
  • edited September 2010
    I, as a person who never got the oirignal TDP TF2 items, would personally buy PNatI on both places if the Steam version gave out the old Sam and Max TF2 items.
  • edited September 2010
    I hate how i can't get Steam.
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    I hate how i can't get Steam.

Why? It's free.
  • edited September 2010
    Why? It's free.

You have to be 13 or older to have a Steam account.
  • edited September 2010

Oh, that's why.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, that's why.

Get it!
  • edited September 2010

This... This explains a lot.
  • edited September 2010
    my dad will get me steam if i can get a game
  • edited September 2010

You know, there's this thing called 'lying'
  • edited September 2010
    WayneBrady wrote: »

You can't lie on the internet. The internet is omniscient.
  • edited September 2010
    WayneBrady wrote: »

No, in his case it would be "account sharing" (since his dad would own the account) which is still against Steam's ToS...
  • edited October 2010
    My dad is giving my family an account on Friday!
  • edited October 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »

Because it would cost me twice as much to get the same product
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    I bought the game in both stores too XD. My friends think I have a problem.
    Shen-Zhi wrote: »
    i bought it on steam AND from telltale.

You guys...

Enthusiasm like that's special. I however couldn't live with myself at wasting an extra £3 unecessarily.

If you bought it on Steam as well you'd do well to gift it so someone who wouldn't get it, let them experience the magicks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.