My only request - a How to Play Poker tutorial.

And before you go "Whaaa? Don't you know how to play poker??"
I do, for the most part. But really, It would be a treat for me to be taught how to play Poker by one of my favorite imaginary cartoon video game characters.

Don't you agree?

Plus, if you choose Tycho to teach you he tells you all the wrong things.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Play 5 rounds and you will get it.

Although a lot of people seem to have trouble remembering the hands.
  • edited September 2010
    If it's anything like Telltale Texas Hold 'Em, then you'll get it right after a few rounds.

Though I still can't remember much of the hands. But I manage.
  • edited September 2010
    Fancy Worm wrote: »

I have the hole card. This round, it was a two
  • edited September 2010
    Fancy Worm wrote: »

I'm pretty sure all four of them would do a good job of teaching you the wrong things. Just, different wrong things.
  • edited September 2010
    i don't know how to play
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i don't know how to play

google, its a magnificent tool to search for stuff. use it.
  • edited September 2010
    i haven't learned and/or played Texas hold em'
  • edited September 2010
    i haven't learned and/or played Texas hold em'

search on google, texas hold em rules.
  • edited September 2010
    Just thinking here, I don't think it's been stated what form of poker we can play here. It may be a stretch but I'm hoping we could get a two or three different variants that we could play, such as Texas hold-em, seven-card stud or five-card draw.
  • edited September 2010
    TellTale's tutorials have always been fun (especially the Strong Bad one :D ).

I would love to learn poker from these characters! :)
  • edited September 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    google, its a magnificent tool to search for stuff. use it.

quote button, its a magnificent tool to be a dick to other users.
  • edited September 2010
    Don't have a clue how to play poker so I would definitely need a tutorial.
  • edited September 2010
    Here's my tutorial for playing a poker video game:

Do random stuff when it's your turn. Be glad that you win if you do, and be glad that it's just a video-game if you lose.

That's how I play Telltale Texas Hold 'Em.

Hey, I'm just here for the characters.
  • edited September 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    search on google, texas hold em rules.

i meant the game
  • edited September 2010
    Just played Telltale Texas Hold'em for the first time and won! So I now know the rules of poker. It's a good (and cheap) way of learning how to play. Not to mention fun!
  • edited September 2010
    If there is a tutorial, then I'd probably buy it.

Dammit, why couldn't this just be "Golf Day at The Inventory Country Club"? I'd buy THAT.
  • edited September 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    If there is a tutorial, then I'd probably buy it.

Dammit, why couldn't this just be "Golf Day at The Inventory Country Club"? I'd buy THAT.

Max:FOUR
    Strong Bad:Hey im not the ball
    Max: I know.

Heavy:STUPID TINY GOLF BALLS
  • edited September 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Max:FOUR
    Strong Bad:Hey im not the ball
    Max: I know.

Heavy:STUPID TINY GOLF BALLS

Imagine The Heavy driving the cart:

YATATTATATTATATTA DOO DOO DA DA KABOOOOM KA-BOOOOM
  • edited September 2010
    i don't know how to play
    Telltale Texas Hold'em is the only place I've been exposed to any kind of poker, here's what I learned from playing that:

The player with the best hand wins. Some of the things that make a good hand are multiple cards of the same rank (like a hand with two jacks or two nines), five cards of the same suit, or five cards of consecutive rank. If two players have the same kind of hand, the player with the higher card wins.

In Texas Hold'em, every player is dealt two cards to start with, which other players can't see. Then three cards that all players can see are dealt at once. After that, two more cards are dealt one at a time.

Before each new card is dealt, each player either folds, not playing the game until the next round, bets more money, or... I think you have to match the last bet if you don't do either of those? I'm not certain. It's just pressing buttons in the game.

If all but one player folds, the remaining player gets the pot, which is the name for all the money bet on the current round. Otherwise, once all five cards are dealt, the player with the best hand wins the pot.

This goes on until all players but one are out of money to bet with. The remaining player wins. Every turn two players are required to bet a set amount of money, which are called blinds, I think.

It's really about bluffing and knowing what risks to take, more than it's about getting good cards.

I think that's right.
  • edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Telltale Texas Hold'em is the only place I've been exposed to any kind of poker, here's what I learned from playing that:

The player with the best hand wins. Some of the things that make a good hand are multiple cards of the same rank (like a hand with two jacks or two nines), five cards of the same suit, or five cards of consecutive rank. If two players have the same kind of hand, the player with the higher card wins.

In Texas Hold'em, every player is dealt two cards to start with, which other players can't see. Then five cards that every player can see are dealt one by one.

Before each new card is dealt, each player either folds, not playing the game until the next round, bets more money, or... I think you have to match the last bet if you don't do either of those? I'm not certain. It's just pressing buttons in the game.

If all but one player folds, the remaining player gets the pot, which is the name for all the money bet on the current round. Otherwise, once all five cards are dealt, the player with the best hand wins the pot.

This goes on until all players but one are out of money to bet with. The remaining player wins. Every turn two players are required to bet a set amount of money, which are called blinds, I think.

It's really about bluffing and knowing what risks to take, more than it's about getting good cards.

I think that's right.

more or less its correct although dealing cards one by one isn't the case. it deals 3 cards first. then they deal the fourth and fifth one at a time but i don't recall playing telltale texas hold em so i wouldn't know their rules.
  • edited September 2010
    That's what happens in the Telltale game as well, I'd just forgotten. Thanks, I'll fix it.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    The player with the best hand wins. Some of the things that make a good hand are multiple cards of the same rank (like a hand with two jacks or two nines), five cards of the same suit, or five cards of consecutive rank.
    Here's a list of the various poker hands and their ranks (ie flushes beat straights, etc.). Also, here's a good intro on basic Texas Hold'em strategy.
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Texa's hold' em is easier to learn than standard Poker and more advanced than it as well.
  • [removed]

• [removed]

• [removed]

BoneFreak posted: »

Gman5852 wrote: » Max:FOUR Strong Bad:Hey im not the ball Max: I know. Heavy:STUPID TINY GOLF BALLS Imagine The Heavy driving the cart: YATATTATATTATATTA DOO DOO DA DA KABOOOOM KA-BOOOOM

• [removed]

Shwoo posted: »

seibert999 wrote: » i don't know how to play Telltale Texas Hold'em is the only place I've been exposed to any kind of poker, here's wh

• [removed]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.