Multiplayer?

Will multiplayer be added at a later date?

I REALLY want to play against friends on my Steam friends-list!

Maybe those who would like to see multiplayer could add their names and show support for the feature?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I dont see why multiplayer cant be in.
  • edited September 2010
    I also would like multiplayer to be added, especially since I bought the game on Steam.
  • edited September 2010
    I also would like multiplayer to be added, especially since I bought the game on Steam.

I think that if there's going to be a multiplayer mode it should be available to both Telltale and Steam versions.
  • edited September 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    I think that if there's going to be a multiplayer mode it should be available to both Telltale and Steam versions.

Of course, but it's easier to implement a multiplayer mode on Steam (I think)
  • edited September 2010
    Of course, but it's easier to implement a multiplayer mode on Steam (I think)

Not sure. I think Steam has a server list component available, but I'm not sure how it would be implemented, or if the different releases would be inter-compatible with each other (Probably will be, though).
  • edited September 2010
    The multiplayer would have nothing to do with Steam unless they use Steam servers, which they probably won't considering it's not a Valve/Source Engine game.
  • edited September 2010
    i bet you can also do it with you telltale forum friends
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i bet you can also do it with you telltale forum friends

well yeah. you could do that in any multiplayer form so that isnt even the problem.
  • edited September 2010
    I've been trying to think about how multiplayer could work. Anyone remember being able to alter your own funds in MSN poker? So to stop cheats abusing the game there would have to be a server containing stats/cash etc. Things are getting complicated!

But if it could happen would it interest people?
  • edited September 2010
    Multiplayer for a poker game is pretty easy tech wise, unlike truly realtime games like FPSs. For poker you need very little more than a glorified IRC system with a server that keeps track of peoples money, cards, etc.

But, somehow I don't think TTG will be including a multiplayer mode, just doesn't seem their style.
  • edited September 2010
    it will not be multiplayer
  • edited September 2010
    it will not be multiplayer

Where did they say that. If you are making it up then you should delete what you said.
  • edited September 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Where did they say that. If you are making it up then you should delete what you said.
    it was on steam (i was on just in case i get it)
  • edited September 2010
    it was on steam (i was on just in case i get it)

I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure that just means that it was confirmed to have a single player mode(obviously) and if telltale announces multiplayer, it will be updated. Although I could still be wrong.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    No, Seibert is right. As of right now it's a singleplayer game, much like Telltale Texas Hold'em was. I'm not going to say it won't ever happen, but it's definitely not a simple proceedure to turn a game from single player to multiplayer. Never say never though.
  • edited September 2010
    TTG has a tight community a game like this or a pletora of sport minigames like this for fans of TTG would be cool. I know its not cool to make it multiplayer just for forum players, but still it would be a nice way for all of us to get together in a fun game.
  • edited September 2010
    If you go back and play Telltale Texas Hold' em you should be able to see the kind of game play Telltale will most-likely be attempting to recreate in the recently announced Poker Night. And if they were to add multiplayer into a game that relies on NPCs and their dialog, I think that would really kill off a lot of its charm.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, multiplayer would pretty much ruin everything fun and unique about the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, multiplayer would pretty much ruin everything fun and unique about the game.

Yeah, but playing against AI would pretty much ruin everything fun and unique about poker!

And no, if every (human) player could pick up a character, you could be able to select phrases from the characters repertiore, which again could be more fun than a AI dialog system, but we'll see…
  • edited November 2010
    thats disappointing that it wont be multiplayer. that was one of the biggest draws for me (since its on steam) i'll still be getting it tho :P
  • edited November 2010
    Its more fun when you can play with your friends!
  • edited November 2010
    Vi-Pe wrote: »

I agree.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Vi-Pe wrote: »

Just like adventure games! Maybe there's something to this dialog driven poker game. hmmm...
  • edited November 2010
    Wait, I'm confused. Is Nick saying that multiplayer puzzle solving isn't fun? Because Telltale has some friends that would disagree with that idea.
    edited November 2010
    Wait, I'm confused. Is Nick saying that multiplayer puzzle solving isn't fun? Because Telltale has some friends that would disagree with that idea.

no... I'm saying exactly what I wrote.
  • edited November 2010
    Ah, sorry. Getting FAR too used to hard-to-read sarcasm on the internet. :)
  • edited November 2010
    Even though multiplayer would´ve been fun, what would the fifth guy look like? the one you play as.
  • edited November 2010
    Tophatguy wrote: »
    Even though multiplayer would´ve been fun, what would the fifth guy look like? the one you play as.

It would look like... YOU!
    edited November 2010
    Tophatguy wrote: »

I really wanted you to secretly be Gordon Freeman the whole time. The rest of the team wasn't so keen on the idea though. heh :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    Holy crap, that's just what I was thinking!

Actually, that can have some unintended side effects. There's a reason why he never talks, and here's why. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFqYO2Hbs-Q
Sign in to comment in this discussion.