Keep the Soda Poppers around!

edited February 2007 in Sam & Max
Great start on the new series, Telltale Crew. I love the new characters, especially the Soda Poppers. They have such a catchy song!

I think your games should get more fanart, so I made up a little something. It's Specs, and it's the first one i've ever seen. Hopefully people make more.

CaffeineRushResize.jpg
CAFFEINE RUSH!!

Stay Frosty!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Great job on the art, me likes!
  • edited January 2007
    Wow! That's amazing!
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, really good work.
  • edited January 2007
    Wonderful. More, more!
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Spectacular!
  • edited January 2007
    excellent :)
  • edited January 2007
    That's a great picture!

Though I don't like the Poppers. :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2007
    To be honest, I find it hard to believe that anyone actively likes the Soda Poppers (I thought the whole idea of them was to be annoying and dislikeable). They weren't as bad in Episode 2 as in the first one but to have them in every episode would start to grate.

Nice picture, though.
  • edited January 2007
    i like the soda poppers, and that picture is great!
  • edited January 2007
    SamnMad wrote: »
    To be honest, I find it hard to believe that anyone actively likes the Soda Poppers (I thought the whole idea of them was to be annoying and dislikeable). They weren't as bad in Episode 2 as in the first one but to have them in every episode would start to grate.

Nice picture, though.

You can like them as characters without liking them as people! I think they're great and so is that pic!
  • edited January 2007
    The soda poppers are decent characters, but unless Telltale plans to do something totally crazy with them, I'll remain fairly indifferent to them. The characters introduced by Episode 2 were far more interesting, and it would be nice if they were brought back.

As for the picture, clearly you've got talent, but I don't like the character design. The mouth is a little disturbing for my tastes.
  • edited January 2007
    Well, i'm not sure why I like the Poppers so much, it was probably just the idea that former child stars could retain their child-like sort of psyches for an indefinite amount of time. They might have five-o-clock shadow, but somehow they're still just kids. It's almost a tragic statement on the effect Hollywood has on some people. Besides, those catch-phrases are... well, I like em, for some reason. If they stayed around but didn't take precedence on-screen then it would be fine. Their appearance in episode 2 was executed just fine.

Sybil Pandemik, though, is another favorite of mine. The voice and character design go perfectly together, and her personality quirk is charming (hey, maybe her conversations with Sam and Max will inspire her to become a Freelance Police Officer, so the two businesses would have to compete :D ) I plan on doing fanart of her sometime.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm looking forward to your interpretation of Bosco.
  • edited January 2007
    If you ask me the Soda poppers should take a hike. I want more Skinbodies. Bosco is ok but Sybil is just a lame girlie character. I want something crazy, like Skinbodies. Bosco is ok, I don´t mind him. But if you asked me if Bosco should be replaced by Skinbodies I´d definitely say yes.

Anyway, the characters in the game are ok, but they aren´t larger than life, except Skinbodies.
  • edited January 2007
    I wouldn't miss the Soda Poppers if they were removed from the series... They're not really going to grow or evolve anymore as characters, their treats are kinda strict... Bosco's cool, Sybil's all right and the rats are neat-o... There's just one character I absolutely hate and can't stand... It's that rabbity thing... Max or whatever he's called... He's so lame and gay... I mean come on, he's like a talking rabbit... Talking dogs, sure, but rabbits? What is the world coming to?
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, can't you get rid of this Max-fellow already ;)

But seriusly, why do everyone (or maybe just some peoples) talk about the scinbodies, and how cool they are... man, they have only been seen for like 5 secounds, and everything you know about them is that they shave their bodies.
    I dont get whats making them such good caracters? I have no doubt that they will show up again in some futher episode, but I would acually not care if they just dissapeard....
  • edited January 2007
    I'm hoping something will come of www.sodapoppers.com...

THAT'D be cool.

Also, to complement things, we could have a website for W.A.R.P TV... ;)
  • edited January 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    I'm hoping something will come of www.sodapoppers.com...

THAT'D be cool.

Also, to complement things, we could have a website for W.A.R.P TV... ;)

nice! did you mouseover the logo? :D
  • edited January 2007
    Keir wrote: »
    nice! did you mouseover the logo? :D

TIME OUT FOR NUMBER ONE!:D
  • edited January 2007
    Did YOU see the comment in the source?
    I can Seee you!
  • edited January 2007
    I think the Soda Poppers were interesting at first, but the idea is starting to get old. They might be able to hang around for one more episode at most and still be somewhat funny (though even that is pushing it), but anything beyond that in my opinion runs the risk of driving the joke into the ground and tossing a giant radioactive cement block in the hole on top of it.
  • edited January 2007
    Really? I bet there'll be quite a lot of recurring characters. The soda poppers, Hugh Bliss, Bosco, Sybil, Jimmy Two-teeth. All of those people I expect will show up in all the rest of the episodes, in at least a minor role.
  • edited January 2007
    Meh, the Soda Poppers just want to be like the Snuckey's soda jerk... ;)
  • edited January 2007
    I really want to see returning characters from Hit the Road and from the comics to return. Sorry for being a bit nostalgic, but I really want to see Conroy Bumpus and Flint to return (I don't really care about the rest from Hit the road cept for Bosco.)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    I don't think we can put characters from Hit the Road in our games, since they're likely owned by LucasArts. I'd love to see Flint Paper or the Rubber Pants Commandos or Mack Salmon show up someday too, but I doubt they'll be appearing in season 1.
  • edited January 2007
    Can we at least be expected to see more of Brady Culture? I think he is a good replacement for Conroy Bumpus and is one of my favorite Sam and Max villains.
  • edited January 2007
    Actually, I look forward to the new characters more than anything. All the enemies so far have been oddball celebrities. I have a feeling we'll definitely see more of Hugh Bliss. I wouldn't be surprised if he were behind the whole thing, really.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    Can we at least be expected to see more of Brady Culture? I think he is a good replacement for Conroy Bumpus and is one of my favorite Sam and Max villains.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more Brady either. People around here miss him. I hope to at least see his hair make a comeback.

Side question: Did anyone here try to go and get Brady's hair and use it to disguise the cow for Midtown Cowboys? We heard at least one person tried that, thinking it was the puzzle solution, and I thought that was pretty awesome. Too bad that doesn't actually work at all. :(
  • edited January 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing some more Brady either. People around here miss him. I hope to at least see his hair make a comeback.

Side question: Did anyone here try to go and get Brady's hair and use it to disguise the cow for Midtown Cowboys? We heard at least one person tried that, thinking it was the puzzle solution, and I thought that was pretty awesome. Too bad that doesn't actually work at all. :(

I was thinking of trying that after going through the dialogue my first try, but saw the lamp shade instead.

It would be cool if you guys made one the "trophies" as a useable item.
  • edited February 2007
    I loved the Soda Poppers. Though I don't want to see them in every episode, it would be nice if they pop back in from time to time. I especially liked Whizzer and Peepers. The bit about Peeper's catchphrase ("I CAN SEE YOU!") and him losing his job as a PE Teacher was one of the funniest moments in the series so far.

Bosco was great in the first episode. Not so much in the second. I also thought Sybil was a good character. I wouldn't mind seeing these two in different environments.

I don't like the rats so much.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.