Season 3 Case File

edited January 2011 in Sam & Max
I have to admit, I am slightly disappointed that Season 3 didn't get its own collector's case file like previous seasons.

For those who came in late, Seasons 1 & 2 of Sam & Max had case files that you could order with them - little envelopes filled with trinkets from the cases in the series. Unfortunately, my Season 1 case file got lost in a move so I don't remember all the items (except the incredibly awesome Max For President campaign pin that I managed to save and still cherish to this day). The Season 2 file had a mini-CD of the Friendly Demon Song, a coaster from the Easter Island Tiki Bar, a mailer advertisement for the Zombie Factory, a punch card from the time traveling elevator and token for the Soul Train.

So if they had made a case file for Season 3, what would you have wanted to see in it?

Rules: The case file has one item for each episode. Items have to be small enough to fit in an envelope that goes inside a dvd case. Items are cheap, flat, usually printable materials.

My picks:

Oversized mind-reading playing cards
OR a takeout menu for Meesta Pizza
OR the antique postcard
OR a clipping of the "Sam & Max Save the City" newspaper

A ticket stub from the Disorient Express, or one of Papierwaite's shows.
OR one of the hieroglyphic newspaper comics
OR a copy of Nefertiti's love letter to Jurgen

A brochure on the exhibits of the Museum of Unnatural History

A menu from Stinky's Diner
OR a business card from Flint Paper

A reversible desk sign that has "Narrator" on one side and "Super Ego" on the other

Comments

• edited September 2010
    301: A Penal Zone prisoner badge

302: Hieroglyphic newspaper

303: Brain screw

304: Bosco's letter

305: A can of espresso beans
  • edited September 2010
    When did the other case files come out relative to the DVDs? The same time?
  • edited September 2010
    I thought it was getting a case file?
  • edited September 2010
    I thought it was getting a case file?

No, we haven't heard anything about a case file yet.
  • edited September 2010
    well that shut me up
  • edited September 2010
    When did the other case files come out relative to the DVDs? The same time?

They came out at the same time and we're offered as a free pre-order bonus, though you could purchase them separately as well until the supplies ran out.
  • edited September 2010
    how told you that
  • edited September 2010
    pre-order bonus

...well, that pretty much killed my hope.
  • edited September 2010
    kane wrote: »
    how told you that

Um...I...got them?...
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe they couldn't come up with one yet. After all, the season has just been completed and all that so give the guys at Telltale sometime. Me, I'm still looking for the first two case files myself. I thought I would get Season 2 Case File but I got a suspicion that they're sold out (try to get it with Season Two but no luck so I have to remove the DVD Case from my cart) so I have to look elsewhere until I find them or Telltale start selling them again.

Back to Season 3 Case File, here's what I think would be the ultimate Season 3 Case File: The Toys of Powers. I mean, who wouldn't want Future Vision, Can O' Nuts, Charlie Ho-Tep (minus the spoiler for those who haven't finished episodes 4 & 5 yet), the mind reading cards, and such? That would be soooo awesome.

Of course, my other choices for the Season 3 Case File is as followed...

The Penal Zone: the vacation ticket
    The Tomb of Sammun-Mak: the newspaper
    They Stole Max's Brain!: How about those medallion things in that alternative universe ruled by Sammun-Mak?
    Beyond the Alley of the Dolls: the manuscript from the museum
    The City That Dares Not Sleep: let's see...I say either those inner monologue records (on CDs) or Max's (spoiler for those who hasn't finished Episode 5) death clipping.

Blast, how do you do the hide spoilers on this thing? Anyway, that's all from me.
  • edited September 2010
    I just was a catalogue of the Toys of Power- ones seen in the game and ones Telltale decides to make up to add depth. There are supposed to be hundreds but I wouldn't expect THAT many.

Otherwise...

301: Prisoner's Badge
    302: Charlie Ho-Tep
    303: Sammun'Mak badges
    304: Scroll of the Cthonic Destroyer's history
    305: Astral Projector memory slides (of memorable scenes of the season)
  • edited September 2010
    I already posted this in the top-secret section, but here it goes again:

301: Penal Zone Badge
    302: Disorient Express Ticket
    303: Tour guide of the museum
    304: Small Max doll!
    305: Max's Inuit Coming of age CD (like the "Friendly Demon Song" of #2)
  • edited September 2010
    Eh, what happened with the Season Case File? Wouldn't be one this time? I'm kind of dissapointed... I wanna have something to put inside the Season DVD...

What size are those episode posters? Can I put them inside the DVD case?
  • edited September 2010
    Why do we need ANOTHER thread about what we want to see in the case file? Also, because the DVD came out so early, Telltale may possibly still be deciding on what to put in a case file, ie. give it some time
  • edited September 2010
    301:Prisoner Badge
    302:Hieroglyph newspaper
    303:Random Sammun-Mak acessory (Collect them all for a feeling of wasted money!)
    304:Cthonic Destroyer Manuscript
    305:Random piece of the Cthonic destroyer (Arm, leg, torso or head, collect all the pieces to put together your own Cthonic Destroyer!)
  • edited September 2010
    Why do we need ANOTHER thread about what we want to see in the case file? Also, because the DVD came out so early, Telltale may possibly still be deciding on what to put in a case file, ie. give it some time
    They may take all the time they want to decide what they want to put in the case file. But I also would like to know from telltale games IF there will ever be a case file for season 3. The postage for packages to germany is pretty expensive and so I want to order the DVD and the case file together in one order. I don't want to place one order now for the DVD and one order later for the case file and so have to pay double for the postage.

So could please somebody from telltale games confirm if there will be a case file for season 3. I don't want to know what's in the case file or when it will be available in the shop but only if there will be a case file for season 3.

Thanks in advance.
  • edited September 2010
    I want one!
  • edited September 2010
    So could please somebody from telltale games confirm if there will be a case file for season 3. I don't want to know what's in the case file or when it will be available in the shop but only if there will be a case file for season 3.

+1.
  • edited September 2010
    Would we even get a Case File? Might just be over thinking this, but Season 3 never really had any cases, it was just A day and night of bad events (Episodes 1 - 4) and then a finale, they were never really given a case at all this season!
  • edited September 2010
    Would we even get a Case File? Might just be over thinking this, but Season 3 never really had any cases, it was just A day and night of bad events (Episodes 1 - 4) and then a finale, they were never really given a case at all this season!
  • edited September 2010
    2 words

Sam(us)'s Notepad...
  • edited September 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »

Case or not, would you really want to break the tradition of feelies?
  • edited September 2010
    I Think they should a deluxe version of the case file for 20 dollars with two objects for every episode. I'd buy it what about you guys
  • edited September 2010
    I Think they should a deluxe version of the case file for 20 dollars with two objects for every episode. I'd buy it what about you guys
    I'm not particularly fond of the idea, I gotta say. You're doubling what we get and quadrupling the cost, and you're not even adding in that the goodies might come in a fancy box(that the $15 Tales Deluxe Edition has in its favor) or even asking for higher-quality, possibly cloth goodies. So you're basically saying "I think Telltale should rip us off", and my response to that is "You know what? I might not like that much."
  • edited September 2010
    But if you got two items for each episode it would be sick and here's is what I would want

Oversized mind-reading playing cards
    a takeout menu for Meesta Pizza
    one of the hieroglyphic newspaper comics
    a copy of Nefertiti's love letter to Jurgen
    Sammun'Mak badges
    a tour guide to the museum
    a plush Charlie Ho-Tep
    a small bag of Rhinoplasty
    replica Cthonic destroyer
    plush max with removable brain
  • edited September 2010
    See, now you've gone from talking about twice as many feelies of the same quality as the other two case files to talking about way more than $20 in merch.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, to be fair...Sam&Max deserve all the swag you can muster.
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, but as much as I'd love to get that much awesome for $20, I really don't want Telltale to take a loss on case files.
  • edited September 2010
    You can't fit all of those in a case file envelope! Not even in a relatively large envelope!
  • edited September 2010
    You can't fit all of those in a case file envelope! Not even in a relatively large envelope!

Two words. Jiffy bags.
  • edited September 2010
    You can't fit all of those in a case file envelope! Not even in a relatively large envelope![/QUOT

Who said it had to be an envelope.
  • edited September 2010
    Because it's a case file. Also, the previous ones were designed specifically to fit inside the DVD case.
  • edited September 2010
    Hmmmm...
    Items for a file? *no size specified...*

I'd like to see...

301: Oversized playing cards.
    Future Vision

302: Two tickets for the Disoreint Express
    Hyroglyphic Comics page

303: Max plush w/ removable brain *good idea person who posted that!
    The accesories of power? Loyalty? whatever they were...

304: A picture of the Devil's Toybox and the Cake of the Damned
    Charlie Ho-Tep's sheet music.

305: A time card with the S&M logo
    And a newspaper article: STAY AWAKE MANHATTAN:
    Monster rampage reaches 2nd week.

Thats what I would like to see
  • edited September 2010
    They were Accessories of Privilege.
  • edited September 2010
    isco wrote: »
    Hmmmm...
    Items for a file? *no size specified...*

I'd like to see...
    303: Max plush w/ removable brain *good idea person who posted that!
    Thats what I would like to see

Thanks I thought it sounded pretty sick
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe for 305 Samalacra ID tags.
  • edited September 2010
    Doggelgangers.
  • edited September 2010
    Doggelgangers.

I love that term ^_^
  • edited October 2010
    Why won't Telltale confirm or deny plans to produce a case file? I'm delaying my purchase of Season 3 merchandise until I hear the official word on it, and it's starting to get frustrating. Shipping from the USA gets pricey, so I want to be able to have everything in one tidy parcel.

Please, Telltale, tell us what's going on here. If you plan on releasing one and hope to prevent pre-orderers from using their 20% discount coupon on it, make it exempt. If you don't intend on releasing one at all, just put us (me) out of their (my) misery and make an announcement.
  • edited October 2010
    It honestly surprises me that even Tales got one and no conformation on this one yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.