Telltale, I might hate you.

I swear to God, Telltale, if you at one point kill any of the major characters -- Marty, Doc, Biff, etc -- I'm going to boycott you. Hard. All you've been doing lately is grimdarking nostalgic series. Since Sam & Max Season 2 ended, actually. Now, you're doing it well and pulling it off incredibly, but I'm getting tired of it.

Please let us get a break from it and pull out something that doesn't serial murder the main cast.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    You're not thinking fourth dimensionally :D. If a character dies in the game, then there is a high chance that the reason they go back in time is cause they want to prevent that death.
  • edited September 2010
    Vivek wrote: »
    You're not thinking fourth dimensionally :D. If a character dies in the game, then there is a high chance that the reason they go back in time is cause they want to prevent that death.

True, but let's say all forms of time travel are destroyed and Doc Brown is shot to death by the Revenge of the Libyans. Then am I allowed to hate them?
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, Doc died in the first BTTF movie, remember. And people started to cease to exist... but yes, if doc is murdered for good by terrorists, hate away.
  • edited September 2010
    In Soviet Russia, Telltale hate you. Good thing we're not in Soviet Russia.
  • edited September 2010
    I heard they are going to get MJ FOX to voice act Marty and kill him off in the very first scene by having a evil Marty from a parallel time universe murder him.

Then I heard that doc Brown is going to be up against a evil Marty and is going to revive good Marty through time and then he's going to sucked into a time loop hole and get sent into the day of the dinosaur and Marty is going to race through time to stop his evil parallel universe self and try to save Doc but then he wakes up as if it were all a dream and dies from the shock and then the game credits say

"*BEEP!* YOU! FANS!"
  • edited September 2010
    I don't think Universal would let them permanently murder the main cast.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    As much as I am fed up with these threads with implicit threats towards the TT team if this or that demand is not met, this one is particularly senseless. The storyline is approved by Bob Gale, this very much excludes the possibility that someone (permanently) dies (or that recent Sam & Max pranks would be repeated, but TTG would not do that in BTTF anyway).

I also really do not see a tendency towards "grimdarking". Neither in Tales of Monkey Island nor in the third "Sam & Max" season. In fact, a slightly "darker" ending instead of the colorful fairytale "everything's fine" would have fitted ToMI a little better.
  • edited September 2010
    As much as I am fed up with these threads with implicit threats towards the TT team if this or that demand is not met, this one is particularly senseless. The storyline is approved by Bob Gale, this very much excludes the possibility that someone (permanently) dies (or that recent Sam & Max pranks would be repeated, but TTG would not do that in BTTF anyway).

I'm really just trying to say "stop making me cry like a baby at my childhood getting beaten by the emotion stick."
  • edited September 2010
    Have they ever permanently killed any characters from the original material who didn't die there, too? I don't think they have.
  • edited September 2010
    In fact, a slightly "darker" ending instead of the colorful fairytale "everything's fine" would have fitted ToMI a little better.

Sorry but I don't agree. It was dark enough. They weren't gonna ruin the real characters just for "darkness" sake. They can't take MI's hope away. There was still some light even in all those darkness surrounding Guybrush. And hey, at least Morgan didn't get to revive. Guybrush and Elaine together is good enough. Moreover, they didn't know the game would sell so well so, ending it on a cliffhanger would be lame in my opinion. Especially since "TALES" means they will do totally different stories for every season. (and that's a good thing)
  • edited September 2010
    In no way would they every kill off a main character permanently. They may kill off a character as a plot device with something that needs to be fixed in the timeline, as every BttF movie did (Doc in 1, George in 2 and Doc again in 3), but they would never completely kill off a character. That's ludicrous.
  • edited September 2010
    You have to remember that there in this game to make money - they won't get that much by killing people off.
  • edited September 2010
    You know I couldn't really care. They could end each episode with everyone dying from a Nuke and I'd be fine aslong as the games are good and fun to play.
  • edited September 2010
    I swear to God, Telltale, if you at one point kill any of the major characters -- Marty, Doc, Biff, etc -- I'm going to boycott you.

Grow Up
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    True, but let's say all forms of time travel are destroyed and Doc Brown is shot to death by the Revenge of the Libyans. Then am I allowed to hate them?

Yes. Because that would be a crappy idea for a Back to the Future story.
  • edited September 2010
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    Yes. Because that would be a crappy idea for a Back to the Future story.

Question. Was that sarcasm?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.