The Engine

So, Valve's Source engine or the Telltale engine? Almost definitely the latter, but, hey, Telltale IS collaborating with Valve.

And it would be awesome to have a Max model to mess with in Gary's Mod. It turns the UNcanny valley into a FUNcanny valley!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Telltale Engine, without a doubt. They already have Hold'Em rules programmed in. And they wouldn't licence Valve's engine when they're already so familiar with their own that they can use for free.
  • edited September 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Telltale Engine, without a doubt. They already have Hold'Em rules programmed in. And they wouldn't licence Valve's engine when they're already so familiar with their own that they can use for free.

Yes, but it's fun to dream.
  • edited September 2010
    The Source engine wasn't made for poker games, unless you want a part where if the Heavy or Max loses they'll go on a rampage and kill everyone with you controlling them.
  • edited September 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    The Source engine wasn't made for poker games, unless you want a part where if the Heavy or Max loses they'll go on a rampage and kill everyone with you controlling them.

Great now i want a thing where whoever gets last you play as them and you do something to punish them
    Heavy obviously gets out natasha and attacks tf2 style.
    Max could use his his shapeshifting on them or teleport them somewhere
    Strong Bad could get out his bazooka and go
    oh did do dilo did do dilo DIE! and fire
    Tycho, got nothing.
  • edited September 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Great now i want a thing where whoever gets last you play as them and you do something to punish them
    Tycho, got nothing.

He could have Gabe go on a murderous rampage
  • edited September 2010
    Tycho, got nothing.

Tycho can think of some pretty creative punishments
  • edited September 2010
    The Elder Gods would be proud of that one.
  • edited September 2010
    i believe he is possessed by a demon soul after that "dream" experience in hell.
  • edited September 2010
    Max could use his his shapeshifting on them or teleport them somewhere

Obviously, this Max doesn't have psychic powers seeing that
    the Max from Season 3 is dead
  • edited September 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Obviously, this Max doesn't have psychic powers seeing that
    the Max from Season 3 is dead

It's revealed that
    Max ALWAYS had psychic powers. Even the pre-split one.
  • edited September 2010
    It's revealed that
    Max ALWAYS had psychic powers. Even the pre-split one.

Yeah but
    Max X
    doesn't know he has them, unless Sam told him about it.
  • edited September 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Yeah but
    Max X
    doesn't know he has them, unless Sam told him about it.
    Maybe he could have and saved the physic toys just before those physic toys was supposed to be destroyed.
  • edited September 2010
    Guys, it's Max. He doesn't need psychic powers to do what he's ALWAYS done when gruesome violence is called for!
  • edited September 2010
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    Guys, it's Max. He doesn't need psychic powers to do what he's ALWAYS done when gruesome violence is called for!

There's a flaw in that, because no one cares about what Max used to be like before we discovered he was psychic, he's much more interesting and fun to watch with dangerly amped up psychic abillities. He doesn't need a gun anymore, he has a psychic gun!!! With super violent actions and stuff.
  • edited September 2010
    I think Max with psychic powers would result in a very short game. Especially if he uses mind reading. :eek:
  • edited September 2010
    The one problem I'm forseeing with the use of the Telltale Engine is that Source was always better with facial expressions and lipsynching. I just hope they can get the Heavy to look right.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.